llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Writer's Block  (Read 1365 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
Writer's Block
« on: June 26, 2011, 02:08:57 AM »
Bleeech. Writer's Block has hit me hard recently. The D&D campaign I've been running has been consuming most of my thought-juice after an awesomely saucy player joined and spiced up the RP aspects.

CAN I DEFEAT THE BLOCK? *Rolls 1d20 to-hit*
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Writer's Block
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »
I get it occasionally too. I, however, have found a very simple remedy for it. I guarantee it to work.

Get the blood of a hippogirafotang, pour it in the hollowed skull of a merlion of over 40 years of age (they live to 182 1/2 so that shouldn't be too hard but beware of their back feet, they don't have any but if they did it would really hurt to get clawed by them) and heat it in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges (you can cover edges in tinfoil to keep them from blackening). Cool and use the left over liquid as an ice cream sauce or to clean bugs off the front of your car. The caramelized portion stuck to the skull should be chipped out and put in the shade of a polar bear from the south pole for 10 minutes (or until mawled). The result should be a slightly waxy substance. Combine with your common killer bee wax and make a candle. Light and inhale. That should give you visions that drive you mad into the arms of Cthulhu or create a calm atmosphere allowing you to word vomit. Or, just buy a Glade fragrant aerosol and spray it around the room.

Works 100% of the time! Good luck!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Writer's Block
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©