llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pathfinder PbP - Starter/Recruiting Thread  (Read 8948 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
Pathfinder PbP - Starter/Recruiting Thread
« on: June 05, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Attention Strolenites: I will be starting up an 8th-Level Pathfinder game. I have one adventure planned to run, but the game may be expanded beyond it if interest prevails. I'm inviting anyone who wants to play to join me, looking for a maximum of 5 Players. I believe I have 1. Sign up in this thread, and post character details.

Setting: The plot is set in a small town called Halea's Reach. The game will begin as you are traveling past it. Obvious plot hooks will be obvious, I don't like to railroad but I am new to pbp GMing so I'm sticking with a premade adventure. The town is a small farming commuinity, with one major difference: Belrath "The Jackal" has built his mighty wizard tower overlooking the settlement, he is a local hero of some reknown and clearly not anyone to be suspicious of.

Allowed Material: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ anything from this website. If you've played D&D 3.x but not PF yet, you'll have little trouble making the switch. IF you have no experience with either, I'm willing to work with you.

Rules: I will make dice rolls as appropriate after you make your actions known to me, to keep things smooth. I may choose to use an alternate thread for dice rolls, so you can see them. PM me a number from 1 to 10 for your starting statistics. Take maximum HP at each level. Spend 33,000 GP, no more than 16,500 on a single item.

You're free to come up with an elaborate background, I will play off what you give me as best I can, but keep in mind typical D&D fantasy setting (Specifically Greyhawk), if you're interested in playing a Cleric then we can discuss a Diety for you

Anyone is welcome, feel free to ask questions, sign up fast please I'd like to get this up and running soon. Thank you.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: Pathfinder PbP - Starter/Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:45:35 AM »
EchoMirage reporting in! I will post a character soon.

Questions:
*Attributes are rolled or bought? What method?
*Can we play the core classes only, or also the extra ones (witch, alchemist, summoner, oracle...)?
(yeah, I'd like to try a summoner)
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:22:57 AM »
Count me in! Details will be forthcoming.

I echo Echo's question: are the base classes from the APG available? They're not on Paizo's PRD, but they are on the Pathfinder SRD.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »
Let's use the 25-point Purchase rules.

and I intended for APG stuf to be available, but not Ultimate Magic yet. The APG info is on the right column of the page I links, they begin with Advanced- etc.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »
The stats for Alejandro Rassanti, my Summoner (and his precious Erika) can be found here.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnDv8KdxofrldHRONHZZbzFlVzd4MnhQaUJQVExwX0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CIi6itQP

(oh my, Summoner character sheets are looooong)

History and fluff to follow.  :up:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:27:23 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
UPDATES:

I have received 2 character sheets (Dozus and Echo's)

Expecting a new member (Friend from another site) jb105 to make a characters soon. Then, if no others show interest, we will begin.

THE PARTY THUS FAR:
(User - Char Name - Race/Class/levels - Notes)

EchoMirage - Alejandro Rassanti - Human Summoner 8
Dozus - Elrim Steelmind - Dwarf Monk 8 - Vows of Silence and Poverty
Jb105 - Unknown Character

An interesting group so far.

SOME INFO:

Your group had been together for a few weeks, heading north towards The Braall Peaks in search of a lost monastery said to hold documents and treasures relevant to your interests. Alejando, being a skilled linguist, would have had time to learn any Sign Language Elrim might know.

MY IDEAS (For your characters):
Alejandro's summon monster, Erika, is the manifestation of an ancient earth and stone being of great power that had been banished long ago by forces long forgotten. Summoners have the power to tap into the dark recesses of the world and draw forth previously forgotten beings of power in the form of their eidolon.

Elrim is a monk of Kyn, a revered being that embodies Earth and Water, seeking a balance between opposing elements. Elrim is silent and still like a rock, but capable of quickly changing himself into the fluid grace and torrential power of water.

That's it for now.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Seeing as Erika flies and has elemental lightning attacks, I'd have her be the manifestation of a handmaiden / valkyrie of some forgotten goddess, but the "forgotten being of power" theme is certainly there.

My overarching plot is to find what happened to her fellow handmaidens and the god-boss so long ago. (Well, it's her mission but as she's dear to Alejandro and has promised to show the archaeologist some interesting ruins, he does not object).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:31:20 PM by EchoMirage »

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »
Sounds good to me, Echo. I can work with that.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »
More Updates:

Valadaar has expressed interest in playing a Tank, possibly Fighter.
Jb is also contemplating a Fighter.

You guys would be wise to stock up on healing potions and items with your starting gold.

Also would take this time to mention I am allowing Traits, as they are fun, handy, and help flesh out a character with skills and bonuses it might not otherwise have.

Link: on this page http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html
You'll need to scroll down to find them. You may select up to 2 of them at character creation, but each must be from a different category.

Looking to get this game started soon, just waiting on jb and val's characters and I will start up a game thread.

Thanks for the interest, Guys.

EDIT: Don't forget about your favored class bonuses +1 HP or Skill Point per level can be useful. Also make sure to check out your Race in the Advanced rules for more favored class options.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:12:08 PM by Pieh »

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
Alejandro stands six feet tall, with long curly black hair, moustache and goatee. Enthusiastic black eyes gaze out of his angular face, with inquiry and a challenge in them.
He's sinewy of build, lively and energetic.
Having traveled all over the world, he feels at home everywhere, and usually speaks and dresses like a native within five minutes his of arrival.
Communicative and social, he's had most of his misadventures start with a sentence like: "Look, guys, my new friend here has agreed to lead us to the Temple of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Without-Good-Reason. Let's go!"
The rest usually begins with: "I'll be right back, I just have to sample the local... color."

He's a scholar, traveler and archaeologist.

Erika is a veritable amazon, standing slightly over eight feet tall, regal in build and posture; golden hair, gleaming skin, metallic wings and unnaturally polished armor shining on the backdrop of her carmine cloak. The winged helmet covers the upper half of her face, two pairs of ice-blue eyes piercing the world through its slits.
Her armor is in fact part of her; though the valkyrie is unarmed, it can form wicked blades crackling with lightning both on her arms and legs.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:50:56 AM by EchoMirage »

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:37 AM »
Elrimm Steelmind was sent to the venerable Stonehold Monastery at a young age by his father, who considered it an act of piety and a favor to the quiet boy. Elrimm took well to monastery life: early on he took a vow of silence, enjoying silent contemplation deep in the monastery's caverns. As time passed, the monastery's abbot noted Elrimm's personal discipline and physical might. He instructed that the young monk be trained in the Way of the Crag and Stream, the path of discipline and martial skill that honored Kyn as its patron. Elrimm excelled in his training and, after years of practice, was commissioned as one of the monastery's Vigils, watchers who protected and served from outside of the monastery itself. He was given orders to practice strictly the austerity and silence of the order, owning nothing and speaking nothing. To help further his and the monastery's goals, he was given to items from the monastery's vaults. The first was the Chain of Olrin, a powerful focusing ornament of unassuming appearance. The other was the Sadhu Moggrim's Stalwart Cincture, an ornamented belt blessed by a long-dead abbot of the monastery that granted his physical strength. With these Elrimm acts as a sentinel and guardian of the monastery. In his guardianship, he heard concerning rumors about a orcish cult that worshipped a powerful fire demon that was gaining in popularity and numbers. As Kyn's traditional rival was a fire demon called Usussor, he grew concerned. With permission from his abbot, he headed in the direction of the high Braal Peaks where a fraternal order associated with Kyn was said to have once occupied.

Elrimm is a squat, densely-build figure with wide dwarven features. His skin is stony and dark, the color of fresh-cut cedar, bristling with dense cords of muscle and coarse body hair. His whole head is shaven save two braids, one from his chin and one from the back of his scalp; both are a couple feet long and the color of steel, and often bound up in a dense knot for rigorous activity. His face is like flint, stern and unmoving but unnervingly calm. He is covered in a thick but worn cotton robe, brown and threadbare from years of usage, bound by a wide corded leather belt with an ornate bone buckle. On his head sits a wide wooden bowl doubling as a hat, shallow and rounded on the bottom with two small holes for a corded strap.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »
OK! We are just about ready to start this thing.

Alejandro Rassanti & Erika (EchoMirage) - A Human Summoner and his Summon, part-time archaeologists and full-time adventurers, seeking to see the world and do battle with the skeletons of its closet.

Elrim Steelmind (Dozus) - A silent and contemplative Dwarven Monk, he owns little and says little, but is a frigteningly smooth combatant. He moves as quickly and quietly as the wind, then strikes with a fist of stone.

Galgaric (Valadaar) - A Half-Orc Fighter; brutal mercenary specializing is two-handed weaponry/ He is a employee of Aljenadro's and old pal. Dedicated to forging bonds and the quick coin that follows his friend.

Grendo Ironfoot (Jb105) - This Dwarven Fighter is used to a boring life of running around fetching supplies for miners. About a month ago, when he heard his old friend Elrim was to go on a quest, he swiftly dropped his duties to accompany him.

A note to Dozus: I made a slight mistake when describing the entity know as Kyn. He is the Earth and Air, not Earth and Water. So, unless you want me to stick with the mistake (which is possible), I would prefer to rename your fighting style The Way of the Crag and Gust.

Does anyone have any issues with my portrayal of their characters? If not, we will be underway soon. Feel free to send each other PMa to coordinate relationships, just let me know what you decide on. Thanks.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
Crag and Gust, got it. :up:

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
You know, guys - we have incredible melee potential  :up: can any of you do anything at range?

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 09:19:59 AM »
I can get from ranged to melee pretty quick. But other than that, I'm afraid not.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
I've got a shortbow so as not to be totally defenseless at range. Nothing but base fighter for it though.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline jb105

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
 :up: Sounds good pieh. My guy will not start with a bow for RP reasons, if i need one later on will get when when i can.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »
Looks like you all found the Game Thread http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,5654.0.html

Now, you all started off 200 feet away and were able to move. If you want to Run, x4 movement, that is fine for now. I will need you to all roll initiative now though, and actions will take effect in that order (probably best to post in that order too, if possible).

I would like to use this thread for rolling dice, to keep the Game Thread for the roleplaying.

See here if you have questions about rolling: http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,5062.0.html

Baddies Initiative: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
Farmers Initiative [roll]1d20[/roll]

Hope that still works.

EDIT: It doesn't work. So... I will do the die rolling on my desk and apply your numbers. If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know and offer an alternate solution.

Elrim: 22
Baddies: 18
Alejando and Erika: 12
Grendo: 11
Galgaric: 7
Farmers: 6

You are 200 feet away minus how far you moved in the first set of posts. I will now make a post in the game thread.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:14:36 PM by Pieh »

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »
Are we assuming Elrimm was moving at a standard pace in the first post, thus putting him at about 160 feet from the creatures?

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »
It'a up to you. Since the combat started aways away I'll give everyone 1 round of running if they want it, you're welcome to move slower if you'd like.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
No, one round of running puts him a helluva lot closer than I feared he was. Thanks for clearing that up, posting now.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »
Elrim's Grapple: Die roll of 13, +12 CMB = 25. Which fails to initiate a Grapple.

Monster near boy tries to grapple Elrim with a 26 out of the needed 28 (Elrim's CMD).

Bowman Monster fires his two bows, one at Galgaric (24 Vs AC), the other at Alejandro (28 Vs AC)

Of the other 3: Two of them start to fade away slowly, seeming to actually phase out of your world. While the third goes after the boy, and easily grapples him (25) though provokes an Attack of Opportunity from Elrim.

Val and Echo: Can't find your ACs, so let me know if those numbers hit you. Damage will be 6 for Galgaric, if hit, and 1 for Alejando, if hit.

Going to work on Game Thread post now.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »
I'll take the AoO.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »
Hits with a 23 for 11 damage.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
Alejandro has an AC of 17 unbuffed.  :down: scratched by arrow he is! Sexy scar he gets.