llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Terra [Update 6/8/11]  (Read 15933 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline hylandpad

• Apprentice
  • Anybody want a peanut?
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Archeoc Morphology, Phonology and Syntax
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »
Archeoc was the language of the first Midalian Empire, and is still the language of science, academics and learning in Greatland. It also effectively functions as a lingua franca amongst the various western kingdoms, and it is still spoken widely in the eastern parts, where the population tend to be much more bilingually oriented.

I have taken the liberty of creating the language to show everyone, and my artistically talented friend was generous to create a functioning alphabet (if you're interested in similar work, I will be more than happy to direct you to him, he's truly a wonderful artist.) It's still very rough, and definitely still in it's alpha phases, but I have started to compile a lexicon, and have made extensive morphology charts and phonetic charts. I'll be posting these shortly.

Archeoc, for all you fellow Linguaphiles, is highly agglutinative. Every noun can be clearly broken down depending on it's function in the sentence into root word and case ending (of which there are many.) Verbs, likewise, can clearly be broken down into  the stem, tense, person, and mood.
I like to think it's a fairly simple system, though what is simple to me, might seem alien to you.
Here's the link to the Language Chart detailing verb + noun endings. Tell me what you think =]

Declension and Conjugation

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqIKSZ5Wb3VDdGRXWHBnbFZLeVhLM242S0ZSdmNCR0E&hl=en_US&pli=1&authkey=COXg3a8K#gid=0

I have also started on some basic morphologies. Take a look, tell me if anything sticks out - things you like, or things you don't.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqIKSZ5Wb3VDdEd0NDQwS0Z6dlI0ZEN0YjU4MG50d2c&hl=en_US&authkey=CKGg5KED#gid=0

Finally, my friend was nice enough to construct a phonetic alphabet for me. Take a look!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:31:09 PM by hylandpad »
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline hylandpad

• Apprentice
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • Awards
Re: New Terra [Update 5/26/11]
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
added a brief Introduction to the setting on the first post! Check it out and tell me first impressions!

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Golden Creator Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Re: New Terra [Update 5/26/11]
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:50 AM »
added a brief Introduction to the setting on the first post! Check it out and tell me first impressions!

Very nice and effective intro. Having that high-level view of things puts the details in perspective.
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline hylandpad

• Apprentice
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • Awards
Re: New Terra [Update 6/8/11]
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
By the gods, the grammar on the introductory paragraph is terrible.