llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Love the Sepia  (Read 1092 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • http://www.dvvideo.net/paradox/
    • Awards
Love the Sepia
« on: July 16, 2003, 06:32:48 PM »
You know I do love the whole sepia look of the place. It's just so nice...It gives it a sort of ancient sort of, hm, sort of look. It's great, I like it...Keep it comin. The textures and stuff, you should make more! Like, I like that subtle fabric texture that exists in the background, I do. It's quite incredible for something so humble. Anyway, yes, my comment.
You're a genius, Strolen.
"I hear the trumpet calling..." [/u][/color]

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • http://www.invented-truth.net
    • Awards
Love the Sepia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 06:42:56 PM »
Yes, I must agree with you. It gives the website a very welcoming feel.
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Love the Sepia
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 02:26:22 AM »
I must also add that there is also a good core of characters within strolen. We all help keep this site fresh and humorous.

(and we actually use our imaginations occassionally)
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Love the Sepia
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 02:13:34 PM »
we do...whats an emgonatso-thingymawhat?
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Love the Sepia
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 04:45:08 PM »
Yep, turned from a serious den of knowledge to a confusing hedge of senselessness. Yeah, I love what you have done to the place.

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Just kidding of course. I love the way the community is growing!

Thanks for the comments on the overall design. While Kate did make all the graphics, I did choose the background and color scheme. I didn't want the loudness of some site, didn't want white or black, but I also wanted to have some kind of ancient scroll feel to it.

I plan on playing with the entire site again once the new forums are released. I will have to redesign almost everything (keeping the same theme and major elements) because of the large upgrade it will be so I will be in the position where I can make more graphic details to blend everything together better. Won't increase the site by much downloading wise, but should enhance the environment. It will be fun and hopefully look really cool....down the road a bit though.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.