Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Cavern of Inane Natter

Today, writing feels like...

<< < (8/10) > >>

MysticMoon:
Today, writing feels like standing on a beach, feeling the water wash upon my feet before subsiding once again. Over and over.

I sit and I write. A trickle becomes a regular flow, and then disappears. A thousand words appear on the page and suddenly there are no more words. Tomorrow the words will flow again.

I like this feeling.

MysticMoon:

--- Quote from: Shadoweagle on April 23, 2013, 12:05:45 AM ---I think I owe this to mounting real life pressures: I have my first child coming in just a couple weeks - could be any day now.

--- End quote ---

Since that was four months ago, I'm going to assume your spawn has made it into the world. Congrats and best of luck to you. My own spawn is edging up on teenagehood... not that that terrifies me or anything.

Shadoweagle:

--- Quote from: MysticMoon on August 20, 2013, 06:25:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shadoweagle on April 23, 2013, 12:05:45 AM ---I think I owe this to mounting real life pressures: I have my first child coming in just a couple weeks - could be any day now.

--- End quote ---

Since that was four months ago, I'm going to assume your spawn has made it into the world. Congrats and best of luck to you. My own spawn is edging up on teenagehood... not that that terrifies me or anything.

--- End quote ---

Indeed, It lives and breathes. It causes sleep deprivation and raised tempers. It chews on time and makes playthings of my energy and motivation.
It eats ravenously, day and night, and then regurgitates its food onto me. It soils itself with reckless abandon and demands that I clean it. It devours my funds like candy, and when it is not one hundred percent content it wails its deathly cry to the high heavens for all the neighborhood to hear!

And I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Scrasamax:
Today, writing feels like a guilty pleasure, an indulgence.

I find the creative spark is smoldering, the the muse is quite attentive.

The discipline from gaining an exercise routine has bled over into other things, and writing is included.

Shadoweagle:
That is a much more positive thing to hear than your last 'writing feels like', Scras - Feed the fire! Let it grow!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version