llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Purple Warrior...  (Read 3544 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • http://www.dvvideo.net/paradox/
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« on: July 16, 2003, 01:28:57 PM »
Slowly then the man begins to whisper to anyone who's willing to hear, the legend of a man...

"Once, there was a warrior...I knew him myself, long ago...Anyone who came across him would either run in fear or fall before him...He wore dark purple clothing, and his hair, and his eyes were the same dark purple color...On his back he carried a lance, which he could easily hold in one hand. It was bladed on one side, and anyone struck by this weapon would be struck with so many anomalies that they would immediately wish they were dead...The lance, as well, was the dark purple color...It's been said that he could sprout wings from his back, of the same color...It's legend that he's a bringer of an apocalypse. Maybe the apocalypse is over, just unheard of here...Maybe he destroyed many places that we've never heard of...Maybe he's yet to kill us all..."
"I hear the trumpet calling..." [/u][/color]

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
Hey
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 06:40:57 PM »
no one is going to opst here because you dont have any action mybe you could say...*he started as a normal kid but his family left him to die and a group of bandits came and took him in for his own...they taught him every thing they knew and then he surpassed the boss of the operation and learned how to steal and fight as if hey was born as a natural teader*...*ten years later when he was stealing from some one he got caught and got in a big fight and one but bearly* like that nothing boreing that no one will ever post in
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 09:32:56 PM »
errr...... :?
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 03:16:27 AM »
I think the point about this myth is that the warrior's history is mysterious and unknown, possibly because he's supernatural. And I certainly think, if he were to have a history, it would have to be more original than the one you suggested.

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline kalabar

• Lord
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 05:29:45 AM »
Yeah what ever itall up to you but when you want people to post then post something great with a lot of excitemanet
-If you want me to think outside the box, then can you please open the box and let me out-

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 05:52:54 AM »
It is a myth, it doesn't need to be exciting. It also doesn't have to elicit responses since many posts here will stand on their own. You can read into it and see what the author was trying to do with it and expand upon it yourself.

This may not be the greatest but it at least it

a) used capital letters and punctuation where appropriate
b) was checked for remedial spelling errors
c) was meaningful and appropriate to the forums topic

How many of your recent posts followed those simple things? That is one of the reason that may of your posts have been disappearing too by the way. ;)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 01:37:07 PM »
See, Kalabar?
I tried to get you on the right track, but NOOOO!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline nitouken

• Adept
    • Awards
The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 02:28:10 PM »
::fears that he may become a snark like CP and Strolen, then realizes its a good thing.:: :) They do have a point, Kalabar. It isn't that many more keystrokes to back up and correct your spelling. You aren't on a time limit, are you?
If they cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go.
                               -Mark Twain

There are no Absoluts in life, only vodka.

Offline Anteaus

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Re: The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 12:33:25 AM »
Right... So now that we have had that lovely little talk about typing, what do we want to do with the first post here, you know the one the thread is *supost* to be about?

Dimensification:  What is this really? Just a random place to put your thought? Or the start of a story you want more help with? Or a place to post the  beginings of other myths and tales?
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." --John Lehman (1942 - ), Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Purple Warrior...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 12:41:27 AM »
Antaeus: That particular user has been banned, and isn't coming back.  Ever.  So I suppose you can do whatever you want with what's in the first post.

Note to self: we could probably just delete this whole thread...
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko