llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Hunt  (Read 11595 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« on: July 15, 2003, 01:03:13 PM »
Shr`ls flew through the trees constently craining his neck to look behind him far to assured that the Hunters were geting closer he had to find a way out of this. He quickly decended down even with a water fall and pulled back clearing the rocky pit and hiting a few trees with his tail. He chanced another look back instead of 5 hunters there was now only three. And there Gryffins looked extreamly tired. Shr`ls flew straight up without warning and hovered behind the hunters. "Why do you hunt me so fowl humans I did nothing to you." Said Shr`ls his powerfull voice shatering the scilence of the calm forest.

"We arn't humans were dwarfs." Bellowed a peticulalry large Dwarf with a long beard. And with that Fired a bolt from his crossbow at the very large dragon. "You know what you did you burned a village and ate the SURVIVORS!" Yelled the dwarf and began reloading the crossbow.

"No thats wrong I did nothing of the sort im a Scholar a learner I make peace not war!" yelled back Shr`ls while dodging the bolt that then fell into the forest and hit a tree with a thick twak. "please just leave me be!" yelled Shr`ls and hit the dwarfs from there griffens knocking them into the water below harmlessly. "Im sorry but I don't die today hunters!" yelled shr`ls as he flew off a small scale fell off his tail and landed in the forest.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 01:23:28 PM »
At'topp'tichuk snuffled his snout in the air, smelling for the scent of food. The ratman, dressed in tattered robes and ivory armbands, engraved with busy symbols, patted the ground with his hairy hands, looking for reagents for his magics. He stopped, hearing shouts and roars. "Chk-chk-chka...Snuffle....What is over there?" he said to himself, hopping over a knotted tree root, using his engraved staff, decorated with feathers, beads, and bones, as a sort of pole vaulting stick. "Snuffle....Chk-chk...Eeee, hard going through the forest, yes." he mumbled to himself, walking towards where the dragon had landed.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 01:27:05 PM »
Kaie stopped for a moment, listening to the sounds that had suddenly replaced the quiet of the forest. The deer started & took off. Kaie cursed her luck. She relaxed her bow & turned her attention again to the sounds that were still echoeing thru the trees. it was growing softer. Knowing that it would be foolish to intervene...she trotted after it.
"Every question has a proper answer, every soul has a proper place"

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more
and that's worth fighting for" - Spirit: stallion of the Cimarron

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 01:53:43 PM »
Shr`ls breathed heavly lanying on the ground very tired from the whole ordeal and not to happy about his actions either. "I wonder what the tribe will say of this." breathed Shr`ls in between deep breaths and folded his large wings back and curled his tale up by his head but his eyes stayed open aware of something aproacing.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 02:03:01 PM »
OOC: For simplicity, just call my character At'topp or give him some nickname. Umbra, what kind of dragon is Shr'ls?

At'topp'tichuk hopped into the clearing, his hairless tail whipping. Before him lay a dragon, wings folded back. The ratman made a small sign to the spirits over his snout and walked toward the massive beast. "Chk-chk...Snuffle...I am At'topp'tichuk." he said, bowing low, his beads, bones, and ornaments rattling. "Be you injured, chk?"

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 02:26:52 PM »
Kaie Aproached cautiously. She was sorry she came to investigate now. She tended to stay away from Dragons. However, intrguege kept here there & she decided to step out from her hiding spot.

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 02:30:17 PM »
Shr`ls looked at the ratman then bowed his neck to him. "no im not injured my freind im fine but thank you." he turned his head to look at the lady coming out of her hiding spot. "your not a hunter also are you?!" said Shr`ls glaring at the lady he was menacing if you didn't know he was a scholar.

(ooc: Shr`ls is a red dragon those are from the mountains right?)

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • http://www.invented-truth.net
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:36:10 PM »
Zoe's wavy hair blew into her dark eyes. She frowned as yet again her dark green tunic got caught on a branch. Untangling herself, she trudged onward. The blonde-headed mage was starting to regret taking up the job. "A dragon," she muttered to herself, "How in the world am I suppose to find a dragon?"

Zoe sighed. She wish she hadn't bragged about being all-powerful mage to those rather angry dwarves. The truth was that she was still just an apprentice, and a lousy one at that. And here, she was hunting a blood-thirsty dragon in the middle of a forest. A dragon for crying out loud! Not really thinking, and feeling very bored at that exact moment, Zoe shouted out as loud as she possibly could, "Mr. Dragon! Where are you? I'm hopelessly lost and could use some directions!"

Zoe fell down to the ground and sat Indian style. Her trusty staff, which was nothing more than a stick really, lay beside her.  She had a feeling that it was going to be a long, long day.
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 02:37:41 PM »
Kaiestayed quiet for a few minutes, regarding the Dragon before answering. "Depends wha' chou mean by tha'. I'm Kaie, I only hunt when I needs eat. & ne're you worry. I doubt my arrows can pierce your hide." To show she ment no harm she slung her bow away. "Dun see much o' your kind around here. thought I migh' take a see what all the Racket's about."

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 02:39:28 PM »
Shr`ls looked twords the shout and stood up walking twords it ready to fight if need be then he remebered his oath not to kill unless attack he smiled to himself not all dragons are evil just missjudged. He turned his head to the slight breaze and caught a wiff of the sent of who ever was calling him and again walked on his long dail swooshing along behind him knocking down trees and making birds fly into the air.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 02:46:49 PM »
Zoe completely froze as the ground shook a bit. Had the dragon really heard her? "Oh boy!" she said to herself, grabbing her stick and holding it close to her body. "Remember my lessons. Remember my lessons."

Building up her confidence, Zoe stood ready to fight. Now, if only she could have stopped her shaking, she would have looked very brave.
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 02:50:04 PM »
Kaie turned to the dragon. "Whot's up?" She asked, her speech slurred with Irish. She turned in the direction the Dragon was looking. She then quickly turned back to the dragon. "Choo'd better no be thinkin' o' flyin' off all of o' sudden with out given us a thought!"

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 02:51:25 PM »
Shr`ls stoped infront of the mage and just layed down. "So young mage what do you need you called after all and please the name is Shr`ls im a scholar perhaps you could learn somthing from me?" said Shr`ls with a large smile. "You wouldn't happen to be pushing around with those dwarfs would you?" said he as he swooshed his tail around him where he layed.

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »
Kaie nodded to herself. "I thought so" She said. She started running off in the direction the Dragon had flown calling behind her. "Are you comin' along ratman?"

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 03:08:37 PM »
Shr`ls? Zoe was utterly confused. "What is the meaning of this?" she asked, "Are you trying to trick me so that you can eat me?"

Zoe waved her stick around, but nothing happened. "Fire!" she shouted out, but nothing happened. Frustrated, she threw her arm back, attempting to try again and flames shot out the little stick, effectively burning off all the leaves on a nearby tree. She looked at the dragon and smiled nervously. "What brings you to these parts of the woods, Shr`ls?"
- Morpheus

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 03:11:46 PM »
"mostly runing from dwarfs." said Shr`ls watching the tree slowly burn, "i see your just an aprentace....thats fine." said Shr`ls lifting up a scale and pulling out a small book and handing it to the mage "here this might help." he said with a smile.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 03:28:11 PM »
Looking confused, Zoe accepted the book. She eyed the dragon suspiciously. "Are you the same dragon who killed an entire village of dwarves?"
- Morpheus

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 03:30:11 PM »
"no i have swarn an oath not to kill but the dwarfs thought i did because i happened to be flying off...." said Shr`ls with a frown.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
((OOC: Any dragon can live in the mountains, not just red dragons. Red dragons breath flames.))

The ratman approached Zoe. "Chk-chk...Eeee, greetings....snuffle....Human. I am At'topp'tichuk, shaman of the the Chuk Tribe, chk-chk-chk." he said, bowing. "Chk, I come looking for healing herbs and find a dragon! Such a funny world, neh? Chk-chk-chk."

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 04:15:20 PM »
Kaie followed the ratman shortly. She noticed the blonde mage.
"I'm Kaie, no real business. I live in the forest huntin' & gathering. but tell me lass, what's a gal like you doin' in these 'ere woods?'

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 10:07:32 PM »
Bianca slowly made her way through the forest, leaning heavily on her walking stick.  All hell was breaking loose somewhere, judging by the noise.  A rapier was strapped to her back where it was least likely to get tangled in the brush.  Most would have said that she would never use the weapon again, but she liked being beyond expectations.  She was preoccupied, and didn't realize that there were people in the clearing until she walked into somone.  "Pardon me."  The person was apparently wearing armor, juding by the feel.  Scale mail, most likely.  And it was a very large person.  Very large.  

(In case you haven't figured it out, she walked into the dragon.)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 07:23:13 PM »
Zoe glanced at the odd bunch. "Um... hello, A'topp.. er whatchamacallit and Kaie." Zoe glanced down at her travel wreary boots. "I'm Zoe! I'm looking for the dragon that killed a bunch of dwarves. I'm going to slay it!"

She rose to her full height of 5'3. She turned to A'topp. "A funny world indeed. What do you need healing herbs for, by the way? As a powerful mage, I can heal any wounds and save people from near death!"

To illustrate her point, she pointed her staff (or rather stick) at a wilting flower. But nothing happened. Feeling slightly embarassed, she tried again, this time shouting, "Heal!" The flower turned a sickly brown and wilted away.

"Well, I'm a bit rusty," she said, grinning happily. "So who knows where I can find this murderous dragon at?"
- Morpheus

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 09:11:38 PM »
At'topp blinked, nodded. "Eeee, the dragon you seek...Chk-chk...Is there." The ratman pointed into the clearing. "But...Snuffle...Chk...I'll have you know, that he is...Snuffle...Innocent." With that, At'topp tapped his staff on the ground twice.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2003, 12:19:11 AM »
Bianca was quite surprised.  "This is a dragon?  That explains a few things."  She turned in the direction of the voice.  There was something decidedly odd about him.  But it could wait.  "Could you people take a break for a moment to point me in the direction of the nearest friendly village?  Or could you help me?  I seem to be in need of a Healer..."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline C-Puff

• Adept
    • Awards
The Hunt
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2003, 12:37:58 PM »
Kaie looked at the newcomer. "You're blind." she said. Whether it was a question or a statement was unclear. "The ratman, At'Topp here, has said he has some healing herbs with him. I am not sure if he knows how to use them but having them is at least a start." She politely didn't tell the girl of the mage's previous actions.

"you're a soldier now
fighting in a battle
To be free once more