llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: What to do when you meet your Doppelganger  (Read 13500 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
What to do when you meet your Doppelganger
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:45:19 PM »
I am not sure what to do with this but it is great advice. I wish I had it when I saw my own Doppelganger at a San Jose Sharks hockey game!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2050975_control-doppelganger.html

How to Control a Doppelganger
By an eHow Contributor

Tales of people seeing ghostly doubles of themselves have been told throughout history. Doppelgangers were once believed to be harbingers of death, appearing to a person just before his demise. These days, some theorize that a doppelganger is evidence of the many worlds theory of quantum physics. Whatever a doppelganger is, there is no way to control one.

Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
Instructions

Look at your doppelganger. For many people, doppelgangers appear in their peripheral vision. If you can't turn and look directly at your doppelganger, especially if the doppelganger disappears when you turn toward it, you have probably misperceived a passing person or reflection of yourself.

Touch your doppelganger. If you can do this, your doppelganger is a real person and not an optical illusion.

Speak to your doppelganger. You may find that your doppelganger is a distant relative who looks like you through a coincidence of genetics. Your doppelganger may be a twin who was separated from you at birth.

Consider the possibility of a disorder. If others are telling you that you have a neurological disorder, you may be suffering from doppelganger syndrome, in which you believe a doppelganger of yourself exists. You may think that the doppelganger is living a separate life from you or that your doppelganger has stolen a part of your brain or personality.

Realize that memory, like perception, is fallible. You may be convinced you remember seeing a doppelganger, but you may have confused two events. If you've undergone hypnosis, you may have had a memory suggested to you and now can't tell that it isn't a real memory. If you've suffered from a bout of sleep paralysis, you may have experienced a hallucination.

Don't panic. Many people who relate tales of seeing their doppelgangers live for many years afterward. Seeing your doppelganger doesn't mean you're going to die, only that you've got a fascinating story to tell.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: What to do when you meet your Doppelganger
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »
...but if you touch your doppelganger from an alternate reality or another time dimension, won't both of you vanish in a flash as the universe corrects the mistake?
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »
No, it's not a flash, demon time dragons from space attack you and everyone around you to correct the paradox is all... Silly.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline ScorpionJinx

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
If I remember correctly, Scras says my Doppelganger is here in the Citadel.

:shock:
If found, please return to Sender.
Strolenite Lite ®©
Penguinati Acolyte

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Master
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Elite NPC Guild Questor 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:48:50 AM »
you left out #7

7. If your Doppleganger is indeed a copy of you, celebrate, you've just found the perfect companion for all your role-playing sessions, and if you're morally ambiguous, an equally perfect alibi for your next bank heist.  8)
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Golden Creator NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
8, Unless the doppelganger wants to kill you and take over your life, it is actually a cool thing to have happen! Have all sorts of fun! First thing: visit that friend of yours who has that dirty fantasy about twins and tell her that it just became real.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:23:44 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
9. Try out Matrix-style slow motion Bruce Lee moves. If your doppleganger blocks and counters, it is indeed a Prime Doppleganger, and you get double XP for slaying it.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
10. Whenever someone tells you to go **** yourself...now you can!!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves