llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nautical Business  (Read 15212 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2003, 12:48:12 AM »
At that moment, Captain Penguin burst in. "Mates, we're shovin' off! The King's business can't be delayed, an' I hear tell tha' there may be treasure involved!" he shouted, motioning to his crewmates.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2003, 12:48:50 AM »
Jack smiled looked like he had seen right she was the making of a great pirate. "ok jenna...will stop right lads?" said jack motioning to take the brawl outside.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2003, 12:51:50 AM »
"That's right, lads, take the party outside! Mates! All ye who hold dear th' flag 'o' Captain Penguin, off teh' th' boat, the whole wormy lot 'o' yeh', an' the lass, too! An' Brassbuckles, before yeh' say what you always say: Yes. I know that it be bad luck to take a woman on a ship! So get out!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2003, 12:52:47 AM »
Jenna just glared at the others, then went outside.  "So.  Just what are you doing for the king, and why does it involve treasure?" she asked the captain.  Privately, she had a feeling the treasure only existed in someone's immagination, for she could think of no better way to convince a load of pirates to cooperate.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2003, 01:00:51 AM »
Jack walked out side reloading his guns and then walked down to the ship joking and laughing with some of his fellow crew mates. "so then i tells him that thats my dog BAHAHAH" "heh good one three toes" "yah that was good" replied his fellow mates as the walked down the dock.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2003, 01:02:18 AM »
"Well, well! 'Ere-'ere, mates, looks like we got a tart what got 'erself drinked up!" Penguin said looking Jenna up and down and then seeing the look on her face. "No? Well, then, mates. Nevermind. His Lordship, the good Knight Tharus has told me tha' we'll be on assignment teh' the Bonesplitter Isles to find one Captain Greenbones an' his crew. Seems like they've come to possess somethin' 'o' His Majesty's that His Majesty would like back! An' thar' be a full cut 'o' any treasure in it fer' us, mates! We're castin' off in four hours, so get yerselves good an' drunk while yeh' can!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2003, 01:09:28 AM »
(OOC: This be my last post of the night.  I must sleep, cos I gots work tomorrow.)

"Bonesplitter Isles?"  Suddenly Jenna was alert.  She pulled a worn book out of her pack and leafed through it.  She found what she was looking for and held it out to the captain.  "Is this where we're going?" she asked.  The page she had turned to was a map labeled "Isla Australis Maximus."  Below that, in a different hand was written, "aka The Bonesplitter Isles".

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2003, 01:34:23 AM »
The captain scratched his fuzzy-feathered brow.
   "Aye, lass. That'd be the spot." he said, jabbing the map with his gloved flipper, which, strangely, had fingers. "Right there."
   A pirate stepped forward out of the crew. "The, the B-B -Bonesplitter Isles, Cap'n? But they say them isles be cursed!"
   "Well, I don't care what they say, that be were we're goin' an' that be final!" replied the Captain.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2003, 12:35:24 PM »
"Yah yeh little ninny help me with this rope or ill bash yer' skull" said jack to a shorter but much wider and stonger pirate then jack who emediatly helped him wrestle the rope around a cog to stop it from loosening. "thanks muttin chops" "Eyh anytime mate."said Muttin Chops. "All you ninnys siten around you gets tah work savvy? or ill be telling the capin you like tah wear dresses!" "ah we better geta work sah." "yah to work." and other varius answers as the crew buslted to work geting the ship ready.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • http://www.invented-truth.net
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2003, 04:06:59 PM »
If anyone were to look at Siren, they would note she was very beautiful. And indeed, Siren was the sort of girl that stole men's heart. She had curly, auburn colored hair that stopped just at her shoulders and almond -shaped dark green eyes. Her skin was fair and clear, a task which seemed fairly difficult considering the time she spent out in the sun. Siren was short, standing no more than 5'2.

Yes, she was just the typical beautiful thief. On this particular day, she was growing bored with just pickpocketing and wanted something that make her rich enough to just settle down and raise a family. She just so happened to wander near the harbor. And as Siren had pretty good hearing, she heard the words "treasure," "ship," and "King." Immediately, her curiousity got the better of her.

She watched what appeared to be a... penguin!? and a young lady walk towards a ship, chatting about their destination. After they boarded the ship, Siren came up with a plan. It wasn't a great plan, but the worst they could do was kill her.

Siren walked onto the ship, smiling sweetly as some of the crew stopped to stare at her. "Hello! I overheard you lot speaking of sailing off to find some treasure. Who might the Captain of this here ship be? My magic can detect treasure anywhere!" She noticed some of the skeptical looks and quickly added, "And I'm a great cook!"
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2003, 06:28:21 PM »
Jacks jaw dropped at the sight of the pritty girl. Jack walked tword her puting on his best smile and puffed out his chest. "Well lass we can't just be a takin' anyone who comes aboard the ship asking for a ride savvy?" "captain whatay make o this? should we through her in the brigg for a while just for fun or get out tah sea and make her walk dah plank?!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2003, 11:24:23 PM »
Jenna looked at the newcomer.  Something didn't add up.  Normal women did not just walk up to a ship full of strange men and ask to come along for the ride.  Jenna herself was there because it was the lesser of two evils: either hang out with the pirates or get her neck stretched for an unknown crime.  Without really knowing why, she tucked the book back into her satchel.  The map wasn't the only thing in there, and some of the other things were not to become public knowledge.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2003, 11:43:51 PM »
"Oh, aye! I see 'ow it is! Yeh' can't have yer' way with 'er, so you wanna' put 'er overboard, is 'at how it is, Jack? Hah!" said Captain Penguin, and turned to Siren. "I be the Cap'n around here, lass. I'd let yeh' come wiv' us, but 'tis bad luck to bring a woman aboard a ship, yeh' savvy?" he said, ingnoring the fact that they already had Jenna aboard.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2003, 11:48:35 PM »
Jack shrugged and went back to work it was the captians choise anyways. "so capin lets stop dilling around and shove of eyh?!" said jack winking at the captain.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2003, 11:57:34 AM »
"Wait a minute!" Siren called out, placing her hands on hips. "You already have a woman onboard!"

To prove her point, she pointed at the lady who stood watching her. "I can't believe it! Bad luck? Hah! Ever heard of Captain Greenbones? I used to be a part of the crew. My dear mother didn't approve, but even still, I sailed with him."

Siren sighed wistfully. "The ocean is a mighty force to be reckon with. One minute calm and loving, the next... she's angry and vengeful, especially when attempting to learn her secrets." Siren laughed, a delightful sound, "I was his cook, you know. But then, old Greenbones and me, got into an arguement. I left and he disappeared! My poor Captain... he was a good man. Like a father to me!"

"Please, just let me sail once more. I miss the ocean." Siren stared at the other lady and frowned. "And if she's going, so am I!"
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2003, 02:52:07 PM »
Jack smiled another pushy pirate he already delt with one today. "Bah why you asking me im just Jack Three toes im no captain...if you think your be up to it talk to dah' capin savvy?!" said jack and returned to work he was a little upset with himself falling for a pirate girl.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2003, 05:32:07 PM »
"So, yeh' were cook fer' the famous Cap'n Greenbones, eh?" said Captain Penguin, hopping akwardly and grabbing onto a swinging rigging, which he rode to the dock, next to Siren. "Right yeh' are, lass, we do 'ave a woman aboard. But havin' yeh' too would be...Uh...Erm..." The penguin furrowed his brow and counted fingers for a minute or so. "...Uh...Three times the bad luck! Yarr!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2003, 07:21:26 PM »
"Captain, wasn't the fellow you're supposed to be finding named Greenbones?" Jenna asked quietly.  "Might prove useful.  Might prove a problem, too.  But she doesn't strike me as the sort of person who will take no for an answer."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2003, 07:43:40 PM »
"Good thinkin', lass! Allright, yeh' can come wiv' us...Uh..Erm....What'd you say yer' name was?" said Captain Penguin, leading Siren up the gangplank onto his ship. "This be my bonny ship. 'Er name be th' Sea-Phoenix."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2003, 07:44:31 PM »
"yah and she be to erhem....pritty to killhar her....so what we do?!" said jack lifting a crate and placing it in the storage in the ship.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2003, 07:49:22 PM »
OOC: Umbra, what the hell did that mean? We're taking Siren with us because she knows something about Greenbones.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2003, 08:06:44 PM »
(OOC: sorry don't be mean about it crap)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2003, 10:19:34 PM »
OOC: Wasn't being mean. I just like to say "hell".

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2003, 05:00:51 PM »
OOC: Anywayyyyy

Jack yawned. "im goin down to the beds I be tired unless captain has some of his famouse grog for the crew and I then im sure we'ed all be up and a dancen eyh my hartys?!" Numerus answers sounded off from the crew but mostly all of them where "eyh." "so captain whatya say?" said jack with a wink and a smile showing his teeth.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2003, 05:51:35 PM »
Siren smiled delightfully. "My name's Siren! Siren Silva." She looked around the ship. It wasn't too shabby. "Thanks for letting me come. I promise you won't regret it!"

She turned to Jack and winked, and then turned back to the Captain, rocking back and forth on heels. "So, you're looking for my Captain. He was headed to Bonesplitter Isles..." Siren trailed off and her face turned white. "Oh."

She smiled, turning to the lady. "I'm sure we'll be great friends. I bet this is going to be a great adventure."

"I'll be wanting some grog," Siren said, more to herself than anyone else. "But in the meantime, I'm going to look over the supplies and make a menu. If it's okay with the Captain."

Siren looked at the Captain and gave him the sweetest smile she could muster up. She looked as innocent as a newborn baby.
- Morpheus