llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nautical Business  (Read 14652 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« on: July 10, 2003, 05:46:11 PM »
"Just ignore th' brawl, it'll be done in but a flick." said the pirate, putting his leather boots up on the table. "Now, what be a respect'ble chap like yeh'self doin' on this here isle 'o' bucaneers, eh?" The knight straightened, brushed the grimy hand of the pirate off his shoulder. "Ah...Captain....I come as an envoy of His Majesty, the King Renthar III of Taseman Kingdom on the mainland, in search of a...privateer crew for an errand of royal importance. Would you be the man known as....Eh, Penguin?" he said, waving away the drifting smoke. The pirate's gloved hand fiddled with the colorful Maomer-made beads at the hem of his tattered coat. "Aye, I be he. Now, here's th' business. Yeh' be needin' a crew 'o' scallywags such as the likes 'o' me fer' some king's tally. I be needin' me crewman, Jack Threetoes, out 'o' the hole in Suldenport, yeh' savvy?" said the pirate, leaning over the table so that it became clear that this was no ordinary pirate, but a talking penguin.

((OOC: Jack Threetoes is reserved for Umbra, by agreement. So don't play as him, yeh' savvy?))
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 07:39:21 PM »
Jack yawned and looked out the prison window through the bars. "oh yay another dreary day in a cell.......with a skeliton." at this jack looked at the skeliton with its hand through the bars and a cup in its hand. Jack blew his braided and beed-woven hair out of his eyes and twisted his braided beard. "If only onld capin' new i was in here he'd get me out....least dat's what i be thinking......"
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 08:59:22 PM »
"Y'know, talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity."  A woman came to the door of a cell a few doors down.  She was a short woman, with long dark hair and a pair of cracked spectacles.  She wasn't bad looking, despite having spent the night in the filthy place.  She glanced at the skeleton.  "I'm Jenna Talaten, and I garuntee you I'm better company than him.  What's you're name, sailor boy?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 09:57:07 PM »
"RAhahaha sailor boy hahah" Jack walked over and puffed out his chest. "im no sailor boy me pritty lass, I be a pirate. The names ThreeToes but you call me jack." at that jack returned to twisting his beard and smiled his teeth fair enough but with some replacement gold ones here and there. "company yah say that'll be the day 5 days in the Brigg hah." "not enough to bring ol'Jacky down Savvy?"
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 10:27:24 PM »
Jenna's smile faded.  "You've only been in for five days?  And you say you're a pirate?"  She frowned for a moment, then said quietly, "You'll probably get out of here before I do."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 10:31:59 PM »
Jack frowned also. "yah sad ain't it well yahno....ifn my capin does save me maybe by the grace of his black heart hed let yah out fer yah to goin us uns Savy?" Jack tipped his hat and laughed under his breath. "well actualy im supposed to be hung tommorow......they say pirates get a short drop and a quick stop hahahah but they not be taken me!" Jack stood and kicked the skeliton. "Sorry lad didn't mean tah make yah look all......corpsy....hahahah.....so those keys there." he said motioning to the wall nearest the lady. "can yah reach em?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 10:42:04 PM »
Jenna reached through the bars, trying to grab the bundle of keys.  No good.  It was just out of her reach.  She strained; her fingertip brushed metal, but she still couldn't grab them.  "Dammit.  Y'now, I think they do that on purpose."  She looked around, not quite growling.  She started pacing about like a restless cat.  "I haven't got any lockpicks, not that I would know how to use them anyway.  I haven't even got a window.  Well," she said with a poor attempt to sound cheerful, "If nothing else, at least you won't be going to the gallows alone tomorrow.  I'm to be hung too."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 10:45:41 PM »
"A nice lass like you WHAT.....bah those scalley waggs what yah do did yah kill someone or steal somthing or bolth?!" Jack smiled he allways liked to hear storys of death or theivory. Jack looked down at the skeliton....."HEY I GOT IT!" Jack ripped off the arm of the skeliton "sorry mate" and attempted a throw to the lass it came close but a little short. "Try that" said jack and returned to twisting his beard.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 10:57:59 PM »
Jenna dropped to the floor and reached for the bone.  "It's not any of that.  I can't even kill a chicken.  And the last time I ever stole something, I was six years old, and I stole a cookie from my older brother."  She almost had hold of the bone.  "Hell if I know what I did."  Just a little closer...  "Got it!"  She snatched the bone and stood up.  She used the bone to knock the keys from their peg.  Fortunately, they fell towards her.  She grabbed them up, and after two mistries, opened the door.  She hesitated for a moment, trying to decide what to do about the pirate.  Pirates were notorious, but the events of last night had proven that she drastically needed to rethink things.  She shrugged.  She was really no worse off with him than she would be alone.  She unlocked his cell.  "So now what do we do?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 11:03:55 PM »
Jack smiled."We find my weapons then we find me dear old capin....and sail away...if we still have the ship that is." Jack walked to the Briggs door and peered out. Nothing all clear. No wait a guard no he was dead drunk and possibly worse. "so then....is there a key for this door on there lass?" Jack peared out the window still more and saw a box marked evidence. Thanks be to salt watery seas he could read. "we might check that box so what did you really do if you didn't kill anyone." said jack and smiled at the lass.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 11:09:39 PM »
Jenna tried the keys on the ring until she found one that fit.  "I honestly don't know," she whispered.  "I suppose it might have been knowing too much or talking too much.  No one would tell me anything.  Not even what I was being arrested for."  She glanced at the guard, but he was most definitely out cold.  She lifted the lid off of the box.  In it were what she assumed were Jack's weapons, and her own possessions, plus a few others' things.  She pulled out her cloak and the pack the soldiers had snatched from her house.  "Where is your captain likely to be?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 11:12:54 PM »
"ahhh my captain he'll be in the tavern drinking no-doubt." Said jack lifting his weapons from the box and tucking his four guns under his belt along with his dagger into his boot and his sword at his side also grabing the other trinkets in the box a few shillings and some gunpowder and shot. "well i spose you know the way better than me i was brought in knocked out little bastards hit me over the head and dragged me in here...mind you i was a tad drunk at the time Hah."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 11:15:09 PM »
((OOC: Nice pirate slang, Umbra))

The knight and pirates walked up the stone path above the port city, tall palms waving in the breeze over their heads. The infamous Suldenport Hole brooded above them, the barred windows looking like the eyes of a skull. The knight turned to the waddling captain, still wondering at the presence of a talking penguin.
   "Why do they call him...Jack Threetoes? Some quaint pirate euphemism?" he said, gesturing towards the prison.
   "Nah. We calls 'im Threetoes 'cuz on evry' ship whats we scuttle, he be leavin' a deadman pinned up on th' mast wiv' but three toes on 'im, sirrah. 'Tis a little signature touch, yeh' savvy? Now stow the gab. We needs teh' look official. Even wiv' yer' Lordship's word, th' guards'd be a'leery about lettin' in th' likes 'o' us. Silly business that. We're good, honest boys, ain't we, mates?" replied the penguin.
   "Oh, 'cartanly', yer' Lardship'!" "We be deh' most trusty bunch on deh' seas, Sah'" "Oh, aye!" chimed in his pirates, many of whom had missing body parts, and one of whom had a skeletal hand hanging from his necklace.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 11:18:15 PM »
((OOC:thanks mate YARH....heh))

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2003, 11:24:25 PM »
It was very odd.  From what Jenna had heard about the Suldenport prison, it surprised her a great deal that all of the guards they passed were asleep, drunk, or too interested in a hand of card to pay much attention to anything.  She and the pirate crept through the maze of hallways.  If she remembered right, they were making for the side door that she had been brought in through.  She had a key to fit that one too.  With Jack's help, she pushed the door open and slipped out, to slip right back in again.  "There are people coming up the beach," she said.  She described them as best she could, right down to the terribly odd waddling gait the shortest one had.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2003, 11:27:01 PM »
"oh i think that bees me capin' hopfully let me get a glance." said jack and cracked the door and looked to see. "ah yes it is but lets not make a scein savvy?" said jack closing the door again and waiting for his captain and the crew to get closer before opening it again.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 11:35:56 PM »
"I'm sorry to hear that you've recieved such...Uncalled for treatment." said the knight sarcastically, brushing a speck of some imaginary dust off of his pauldron.
   "Oh aye, yer' Lordship. Tha' right rubs me th' wrong way, it does, what wiv' being persecuted' an' all. Nearly got the short drop an' the quick stop over in Ysors last week. 'Twere Jack Threetoes th't popped me out 'o' tha' one, it were." said Captain Penguin, walking up to the imposing iron door of the prison and rapping three times. "Open up! King's business an' all that flotsam, mates! Open up, yeh' savvy?!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 11:41:16 PM »
The small group of people had come up to the side door, fortunately.  Unfortunately, they were making a hell of a racket.  Jenna jerked the door open and hissed, "Shut up, you silly little man.  You'll wake everyone in the d**n fortress.  That is not something I'm anxious to accomplish."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 11:44:47 PM »
"eyh capin don't be yelling....and lets set sail and get the hell outa here savvy?" said while eyeing the knight. "whos that metal clad fool hahah?"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
Captain Penguin blinked, taken aback at the girl's outburst. "Well! Right yeh' are lass. 'Spose I needed that'un. Been a peck since I been given the noise by a tart, aye, boys?"
   "Oh, aye, Cap'n." "Sureley, sah." "'Tis true, mates, so true!" chimed the pirates.
   The Penguin looked past the girl. "Don't worry, lass, we've got a King's man wiv' us. Be yeh' stowin' one Jack Threetoes in thar'? Big fella' what has a beard wiv' beads in it? Mayhap wiv' one 'o' his eyes clapped on yer' fine self, lass?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2003, 11:49:11 PM »
(ooc: kk you post again though i got nothing to go on)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 11:50:58 PM »
((OOC: Nevermind. We'll just go with it.))

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2003, 11:52:06 PM »
Jenna stared at the very short fellow for a moment.  The shadows played the d**nedest tricks...  She shook it off and moved out of Jack's way.  Slight though she was, she was still larger than the captain.  "Look, I don't know who you are, nor do I care much at this point.  Can we just get out of here before those lazy idiots inside to make rounds?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2003, 11:52:21 PM »
(OOC: you want me to post? cuz...i still have nothing to go on...)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nautical Business
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 11:54:21 PM »
(OOC: Introduce me to the captain.  'Cause he thinks I'm with the prison staff.)