llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 5555 Mini-Quest Starts now  (Read 1747 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
5555 Mini-Quest Starts now
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
Our submission count on the main page says 5550. 5555 seems somewhat significant to me if only because it is a cool number.

Figured I would put out a Mini-Quest on the next 10 submissions.

Submissions 5550 - 5560

50XP reward if you make a number have a significant meaning in the submission. Doesn't have to be 5555 but it does have to be an identically numbered sequence > 2. Can be any type submission but it only counts if it is in the next 10 submissions and has the identical number sequence of 2 or more digits.

Once done we can make a codex or a freetext to put them together. (50xp can go to a codex creator for it as well :) )

Just a quick goof off quest before I post the new quest. 

New quest will be posted after submission 5560!

(I will review the next 10 submissions for quest completion)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: 5555 Mini-Quest Starts now
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »
http://ananangel.com/kryonblog/2006/06/111-222-333-444.html
555 — Buckle your seatbelts. A major life change is upon you. This change should not be viewed as being "positive" or "negative," since all change is but a natural part of life’s flow. Perhaps this change is an answer to your prayers, so continue seeing and feeling yourself being at peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)
The phone companies began encouraging the producers of television shows and movies to use the 555 prefix for fictional telephone numbers, roughly during the 1960s. One of the earliest uses of a 555 number can be seen in Panic in Year Zero! (1962), with 555-2106. In older television shows from the 1950s or 1960s, "KLondike 5" or "KLamath 5" was used, as at the time the telephone exchanges used letters and numbers in phone numbers. More recent works set in this period typically use this convention as well. For example, Dr. Emmett Brown's 1955 phone number in Back to the Future is "KLondike 5-4385".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555:_The_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5ystem
Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (インターステラ5555 Intāsutera Fō Faibu?) is a feature-length Japanese animated musical film originally released on December 1, 2003.[2] The film is the visual realization of Discovery, an album by Daft Punk. Each track from the album has been animated as an episode in the story of the abduction and rescue of an interstellar pop band.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
I made one for the mini quest(great idea by the way :up:) I also added the number 5555 in its history. The title is: "Grandfather Pestilence".
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
.999.../0 -or- How I came to embrace infinity.  :wink:
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
I'm not sure if 5757 fits your idea, but my latest sub features it. Your call, Strolen. But, it was an afterthought to make a minor attempt at adding it to this quest, so either way is fine.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
I added one to the quest, called it the four 5s.  Because the number 5 a running theme through out the puzzles.