llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any Player Interest? What would you like to play?  (Read 5317 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Any Player Interest? What would you like to play?
« on: September 17, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
Okay, so CthulhuTech is out. I want to run something, and I'm open to suggestions

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Master Questor NPC Guild Elite Questor
    • Awards
Re: Any Player Interest? What would you like to play?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
Something that allows people to post long paragraphs at once...

There are two old-school fantasy games - Respite and Adventurers upon Return, there's Starkin, there's Bleak Wood and Kuramen...
You know what we miss? All these games are exploratory, with frequent GM input required; we should do something heavily roleplay-based, with lots of character, NPC and location development, and based on a city, fort, or whatever we call home. We should do something where characters are not drifters.

How about that?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
I'd be in for something like that, though it would be a change for me.  My verbosity does not match many of the Strolen regulars.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Something that allows people to post long paragraphs at once...

There are two old-school fantasy games - Respite and Adventurers upon Return, there's Starkin, there's Bleak Wood and Kuramen...
You know what we miss? All these games are exploratory, with frequent GM input required; we should do something heavily roleplay-based, with lots of character, NPC and location development, and based on a city, fort, or whatever we call home. We should do something where characters are not drifters.

How about that?

Interesting, I can do something along those lines but it would require some thought.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Master Questor NPC Guild Elite Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »
Interesting, I can do something along those lines but it would require some thought.

Well, we do not want a thoughtless RP anyway, do we? ^_^
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
Well, more thought that usual.

What I was planning for a CthulhuTech game would still work, since it isnt chasing down clues, but rather revolves around a single Arcology. To make it a richer RP setting, i would really only need to back the timeline up a few months...

Which is doable.

Basics:
Military/Paramilitary/scientific setting
All players are residents of or are assigned to the Arcology in question

There isnt hunting for clues, no world traveling, none of that. If can get enough players I can toss out a "Who is the Mole" element where one of the PCs is actually a traitor, and use that element rather than a GM controlled antagonist.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
If there is any chance the characters die of old age in bed, I'd play a gene-mod squint. Biochemist, medic perchance.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »
If there is any chance the characters die of old age in bed, I'd play a gene-mod squint. Biochemist, medic perchance.

So a game with no chance of death???

What is a Gene-Mod Squint?

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 02:18:21 AM »
No, a game where a horrible and traumatic death is not certain. See "chance of dying of old age".

A squint is a nerd or lab geek (term lovingly stolen from the 'Bones' series).

Gene-mod, well genetically modified, humanity 2.0 (basically for flavor, would discuss more in PM).

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 08:22:19 AM »
Ah, I understand what you are saying. There is a chance your character could suffer a horrific death, but half of CthulhuTech is Anime, which is all about not dying horrific deaths.

So, automatic horrible deaths are out. They still might happen, the setting is certainly full of monsters and aliens and horrors, but humanity has picked up some pretty big guns and weapons to deal with them

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:08 PM »
Well then, I'm in. I will PM you my character concept.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
I need a few more victims, I mean players!!!

Online Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
Ah, I understand what you are saying. There is a chance your character could suffer a horrific death, but half of CthulhuTech is Anime, which is all about not dying horrific deaths.

This, good sir, is a marked fallacy.

Never mind, as I was looking for examples to support my argument, I realized that the main characters generally don't die in Anime.  Emotionally scared for all of eternity is par for the course, but generally not dead.  Though part of my problem is that I generally don't watch happy Anime though, so my opinion on this might be biased.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 07:31:18 AM »
First info:

Echo wishes to play:
Doctor Helia Thrace, surgeon, 33. (more to come)