llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: And now that I am dazed and confused no more  (Read 1252 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline olontur

• The Guardian and Healer of Zagross
  • Apprentice
  • خوش باش دمی که با طرب می‌گذرد
    • Awards
And now that I am dazed and confused no more
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
So, my read-to-play ratio is somewhere close to infinity. When I introduced myself to gaming, I couldn't find anyone to play with. And now, living in Wellington with a sizable gaming community, I hardly find the time to play.
Yet, fantasy has been intriguing me and I even enjoy fantasizing about fantasy! I stumbled upon Strolen's Citadel via Roleplayingtips.com and the 5 Room Dungeons.

A bit on the personal side, I am from Iran and am currently doing my PhD in Ecology in Wellington, so I often have an Ecological or Biological view on subs.

emmm, well, yeah... so... is being a Pleaser of Llamas a good thing or not around here?

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: And now that I am dazed and confused no more
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »
Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a while...  The llama is a running gag, as it were, and as far as here goes I'd say it was a good thing.  Elsewhere, those could in fact be fighting words.  Other than that I hope your time here is very khoush good sir.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
The Llama is no gag. It is a multinational conglomerate with capabilities to saturate the wool market with llama fur and, through the flooding of a critical resource, bend the earth to our will.

The Llama has been part of every pivotal historical moment known. Many are documented here: http://llamanews.com/index.php/gallery/category/C8

Never underestimate the subversive power of the Llama. As soon as you take for granted the information you are fed by the news networks...the Llama has you.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline olontur

• The Guardian and Healer of Zagross
  • Apprentice
  • خوش باش دمی که با طرب می‌گذرد
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »
I shall please them well, then!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:10:25 AM »
A man most wise indeed! Offer your praise to the llamas and be a llama llama!

On the non-llama side:
Welcome to the citadel. Do as the site slogan says: read, post, play! ;)

And about that "never get enough time to play because I work" thing... I hear you!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »
i am jealous, I dont have time to play, and even if I did there aren't people to play with. You need to put down them heathen books and read the bible, boy.

Welcome and enjoy.

Think you might give us some biology inspired submissions? (My wife is a bio major)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity