llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Jahila  (Read 1336 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Jahila
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
Me is trying to think plot up for HL2 mod, me is feeling stupid, me will be posting random trains of thought.  So yeah, setting is Middle Eastern, primarily because that's what I know.

Scenes I've been thinking about
-Hospital from the remake of Manchurian Candidate
**Possible starting point, maybe PC is being experimented on in a vile Combine experiment of experimentation...
**Low walls, coast, canvas ceilings
-AlJazeera coverage of Israel/Gaza conflict, especially 2008 flareup
-AlJazeera coverage of 2008 of Lebanon civil "conflict"
**both of these would be the same general thing in game, most likely towards the end, as the PC destabilizes Combine hold over this sector, though on that note, knowing how the Arabs, the Jews, the Kurds, ect ect react to outside control over their region, be it Rome, Israel, the US, or themselves, I don't see the Combine ever having very much control to begin with.
-Burning oilfields from either Jarhead or Stoploss, don't remember which one, or maybe it was in both
-Hejaz railway

To do:
-citizen models: arabize if that's even a word, I know it is in Arabic...
-textures
-other models: trees, books, minarets
-car bombs, mortars?
-deserty textures
-watch as many movies set in Middle East as possible, ignore any possible political messages found within
**On that note, does anyone have any good movies that meet that one criteria?
-books on level/game design: read them
**As above...
-stop crying whenever you work with Hammer
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Jahila
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
Hidalgo

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity