llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The 15 Books of Ion  (Read 9257 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« on: July 06, 2003, 10:52:52 PM »
The First Book of Ion

In the First Age, in the land of Otyron, the holy mother, Balyra, who was the Anticipation of the Forgotten Host, did walk the land, and the father of mysteries, Mazur, who was the Anticipation of the Ones Uncalled For, came after, and they came to the seashore and beheld the hovel of a grazeman and his wife. And all the spirits and the ae'Sof did call out to Balyra and Mazur, and did tell them that this was a place of destiny. And the Kings of Nobody Really Cares did concur, and the Baron of Perfection of Form and Mind did nod his head in six dimensions, and the Parliament of Wanderers did agree. So Mazur and Balyra peered sideways into the Secret Wheel and became invisible to the eyes of the grazeman and his wife. And Balyra did take Mazur's seed and create a magic form which she placed within the grazeman's wife, and Mazur whispered in the woman's ear, saying:

This child is a child of destiny;
         The sword is the spoken word;
         By the word is meant death;
         I know the fire, and it is angular;
         Go now, and behold things so that the form may also know.

Then Balyra did deliver the grazeman's wife to the Mountain of Green where she wandered for a month and saw the Woman of Black Hands-Spider, who menaced her terribly with a sword of six uncurved and secret lines. And the magic form revealed itself as Ion, and Ion knew the uncurved and secret lines and beheld the Secret Flame within the Nine Corners. And Ion said:

'The output love is stimulated by physical inputs but is paradoxically an output of the soul; Whereas emotion is a form of output of it's own, and only with love can one defeat the unfortunate shades of the existence; Whereas it is known that the gem has it's own angles.'

And the Woman of Black Hands-Spider understood, and saw that this child was the Anticipation of the Spirit Forever, and had seen the Secret Flame within the Nine Corners. And Ion said:

'The eye sees only what it wants to see; the mortal sees only it's desires; But I see that the sword is the word; Know the Anticipation of the Spirit Forever; The receptacle of the mind is fourfold: First in emotion, second in skill, third in needs, fourth in the secret receptacle.'

Hearing this, the Woman of Black Hands-Spider sang an unknowable aria and faded sideways into the Shadow. And so continued on the grazeman's wife.

The end of the words is OMUS
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 01:08:54 AM »
The Second Book of Ion

The grazeman's wife, who carried the void-shape-magic-form of Ion, the Anticipation of the Spirit Eternal, walked off of the Mountain of Green and onto a path among the hills of the Sarballi. An Old Spirit rose up from the earth before them, and Ion said:

'Know that the Three shall be made whole when I am born; The Tri-Energy-Angle that folds upon the universe; Would that the Red Ones of the Sea and the Green Ones of the Sky could turn their angles and fold, so would they follow the Three, but they cannot, for the reversed folding is not yet complete.'

And the Old Spirit folded himself into thirty-one planes and became a milk-liquid that the Ion-shape drank, and this was the ASADUUWA-UM'ATRA, which means the Fated Sound of Angles. The grazeman's wife did continue on until she slipped from the path and fell into the sea, and was captured by the Byeurgh, the Red Ones of the Sea, who have lived since the world was only ocean and was both old and young. Ion saw the Queen of the Byeurgh, who's name is difficult to relate, and the great memory-shell that encloses the secret Hidden Angle that is also called TAAIRB. The Byeurgh held the grazeman's wife for one month and enclosed her in a form more alike to theirs, with bristles and spines and armored places. And Ion said:

'The Six Corners of the Universe are enclosed in the House of Unfortunate Knowledge; The true king of the world shall be born under the watch of the Three, who are called the Trium. Your time is passing; Unleash your Hidden Angle, which is also called TAAIRB.'

And the Queen of the Byeurgh bid it so, and thusly was the Hidden Angle of TAAIRB put into the world. And then the Byeurgh did take the grazeman's wife, who was now like them, back to the surface, and taught the Ion-shape to breath the waters like them. And Ion said:

'Great is he who bestows gifts without expecting the honor of reward; The wise shall take heed of this'

The wise ones will know and remember this.

The end of the words is OMUS.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 02:33:12 PM »
The Third Book of Ion

And so the grazeman's wife set off once again under the guidance of the Ion-void-shape. But soon, she beheld a spirit of sex and death and grasping known as the Bell-and-Chime Countess, who was alike as to a bird with the face of a man or mer, and with feet of steel and eyes of flame. For forty days, Bell-and-Chime Countess roared, until all the hills shook and the angles bent and rebent themselves. And the Ion-shape said:

'Be still. There is no Iron Face.'

And Bell-and-Chime Countess roared once more and spoke in a language that can only be said or understood sideways. And this is what she said:

'Nine are the monsters that reside in the Houses of the Sky:
First is GOTAG IL BAGR-TE, who dangles her feet from the clouds;
Second is WANMUUP, who's head is made of brass and who's feet are made of silver;
Third is FYELLOT-KE WAAO, who in one mouthful did devour seven of the Great Earthbones;
Fourth is SHAAAM, who's eyes frighten even the shouting ones of the south;
Fifth is TYTOE BA BAAN, who is like flesh without skin or bones;
Sixth is UNTUN-BAIBAALO KR, who knows all of the stars that the mer of the Ogallan place cannot see;
The seventh is unknowable to man or mer;
The eighth is VRABAHK, who in a past life was a Dweurga of the mountains;
The ninth is XALLASH XAPHAN DO WOGR-AP, who is the least fearsome but the most dangerous, for it resides in the hearts of all men and mer.'

And then, Bell-and-Chime Countess leapt into the air and became as the Green Ones of the Sky.

The end of the words is OMUS.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 01:18:54 AM »
The Fourth Book of Ion

The grazeman's wife, containing the Ion-shape, came to the barren foyada-valleys of ash, and within, she found a great city of gold and bronze and iron, full of golems and steam-things and clockwork fiends. The grazeman's wife made to turn back, but the Ion-shape said:

'No. I command it. We shall go on. The Place of Many Odd Angles is beyond.'

With this proclamation, tiny clockwork men came from the city, shimmering with heat, and took hold of the grazeman's wife and carried her to dark, heat-filled places within the city of gold and bronze and iron, and lay her upon a bed of silver threads and attempted an unnatural chirurgery with tools of light and fire. But, to their surprise, their howling fire-lights were turned away by curved spirits with faces of stone. A little clockwork man said:

'We must try other tones to pierce this mystery. Then will our hearts be full and gone of emptiness.'

And so the little clockwork men attempted their dark sciences with solid sounds. But their solid sounds were turned away by angular spirits with faces of diamond. Another clockwork man said:

'The squares are reversed. We must go misunderstand this for a while.'

And the Ion-shape said:

'Know that your sounds are made null by sacred angles; You Dweurga, who are made of gold and steel, will never know peace as the children of Dehrevar; Know that the I will overcome you.'

And the clockwork men turned and completed their chirurgery with knives of darkened glass, and took the Ion-shape and tried to pierce it with light-fires and solid sounds, but to no avail. So they placed the Ion-shape-egg in a chamber of glass and crystal with no angles and surrounded it with many wards. The clockwork men brought their king, Zcharnbad, who said:

'This thing must be. We will send the angular one away.'

The clockwork men then constructed a golden golem-simulacrum in the image of the grazeman's wife and placed the Ion-shape inside.

And the end of the words is OMUS.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 12:28:55 AM »
The Fifth Book of Ion

The simulacrum of the woman, carrying the Ion-shape inside, left the clockwork city and walked into the Endless Plain of Stones. On the Fourth Circle of the Inferno, the Duke of Imps came to the House of Bitter Reflections and spoke to the Minister Ungirded With Falseness, a demon who's head was a bubble of fire, water, and lightning and said "The child of Divines must be destroyed, so in preparation have I prepared a host of beings great and small." And these were his host, arranged under six pennants:

The first pennant was red and white, and beneath it stood ten-thousand horned lions with the faces of men and the feet of birds who carried hosts of loathsome vermin inside their bellies.

The second pennant was green and yellow, and beneath it stood six-thousand unquiet ancestors, girded in baseless acusations and false pretenses.

The third pennant was orange and blue, and beneath it stood twelve-thousand iron-armored war spirits, armed with wasted words honed sharp on the fangs of stupidity.

The fourth pennant was black and violet, and beneath it stood nine-thousand winged bulls and the emperors of color who sat astride them.

The fifth pennant was red and orange, and beneath it stood half-formed and ravenous urges and inverted medusae with the faces of men for their scales.

The sixth pennant was black and red, and beneath it stood twenty-thousand spirits of death, armored most violently in forgotten promises and avaricious graspings, and armed with the shadows of unavenged oaths and the sharpened edges of the sound of silent murder.

The Minister Ungirded With Falseness said to the Duke of Imps "Nay. It is not to be. For even with thy almighty host, thy art a speck before the hand of Trium."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 01:27:23 AM »
The Sixth Book of Ion

The simulacrum of the grazeman's wife, carrying the magical Ion-shape, tread upon the dust of the Endless Plain of Stones. Before them, the sky sought off into eternity. The simulacrum, it's arcane horror-gears clogged with the dust, fell upon the ground, and the Ion-shape began to be born. A caravan, bound for lands of trade, stopped, and the people gathered about the simulacrum. A midwife, with hands like silk, birthed the Ion-shape in the form of a small elf-child. The fat-handed merchant, who's mind was full of the weeds of Silag, waved his palms and said:

'Who needs this child? Cast it in the dust so that we can continue!'

But a humble caravan warrior put down his sword and said:

'Oh, vile merchant, long have I suffered your evils. I will suffer no longer!'

The warrior seized the child and took it to his wife, and they strove off into the wilderness. Soon, they camped upon the plain, and the child, in it's crib, spoke with the voice of a man:

'I am Ion. I complete the Trium, who's protonymic is LUUTARATH. I wear the skins of symbolism and have drank of Yog's Well of Thoughts. I will clear the weeds of Otyros. I trump the pig children. I trump the scaled ones. I am Ion.

This is the formula of HLOGIS:

RU LKU LNA [AUR] [DRAU] TYPH - SUUL'KORETH - HLOGIS'

And the child spoke this magic formula to the warrior, and the words of HLOGIS were shone upon the warrior's breast.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 01:14:43 AM »
The Seventh Book of Ion

This is the Book of Symbols.
If you see these words now, you have looked sideways into AWAMANA-MANANA'DURO, the Garden of Dreams.

You have learned to read the Hidden Book, Ion's Book of Symbols.
And in this Book of Symbols, Ion wrote thus:

I flew north from the City That Is My Body to the cave of La-Gesyumk, The Final Forbidden Monster of the Wasteland, and I spoke to the mouth of the cave:

'Speak, Monster, speak your lies.'

And a dark being slouched toward the light, and its eyes were as fire, and its skin was clad in the distilled slime of those who waste their lives pining. And La-Gesyumk spoke thus:

'Your hands are your eyes, and your feet, your teeth.'

And I struck him with the Immaculate Haiku, and he spoke thus:

'There are no flowers in the Garden of Otyros, only the weeds of Silag.'

And I struck him again and defeated him by way of the Symbolic Collage, and spoke thus:

'I am the only flower left in the Garden. The People must know no aggression, and only then will they see the truth in their powers.'

And then I flew south to the dark temple of Zrudoya, The Forbidden Mouth, and I spoke thus:

'Speak, monster, speak your lies.'

And some great shadowed being drifted through the smoke of the boasting babblers, and said:

'I am not Zrudoya, The Forbidden Mouth. I am his mirror, and his mirror is he.'

And I struck Zrudoya with the Illuminating Silence and spoke thus:

'I have seen the Kingdoms of the Greedy, and I have seen the Kingdoms of the Good, and I have seen Ninth Land and the Seventh Battlefield. None of these know the truth of the Trium.'

And Zrudoya cried out:

'Curse you, Man-City-God! Ye who hath drank of Yog's Well of Thoughts! Ye who have seen the formula of HLOGIS! There are but Two Desecrated Vortices! The weeds of Otyron have deep roots! Be their gardener and die!'

And I struck Zrudoya once more and slew him by way of Truth That Blinds, and I returned once more to the City That Is My Body.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 03:56:31 PM »
I have an inkling of familiarity with this. Structure wise. I can't place it though.

Did/Do you have inspiration for this style or is it pure Captain?

(lov'in it by the way!!!)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 05:38:39 PM »
this reminds me of Revelation in the Bible.  This has got alir of the weird language(which is really cool  8) ) just weird.  Read something from the Bible then read some of the book of Revelation in the Bible.  

Some one was deffinately smoking the white holy powder, that time  :lol:

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 08:32:05 PM »
....Uh...Inspiration?
Maybe a little bit of the religious books from Morrowind...
That is, the whole "And the end of the words is" thing...
But other than that, it's me.

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • http://www.msn.com
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2003, 01:05:23 PM »
Captn, you have to finish the 15 books of Ion its was my reading material and its like it on pause or something. AAAAAgh. Seriously its pretty funny. So finish it will ya?

Bell :lol:
Lady Silver Bell

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2003, 07:25:36 PM »
:what:

....Funny?

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 01:51:01 PM »
The third pennant was orange and blue, and beneath it stood twelve-thousand iron-armored war spirits, armed with wasted words honed sharp on the fangs of stupidity (LOL)
Lady Silver Bell

Offline SilverBell

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 01:51:47 PM »
Sorry im kinda amused by some of the symbolism.
Lady Silver Bell

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 05:16:51 PM »
Oh, no problem at all, I just didn't know that it was that amusing.

"The third pennant was orange and blue, and beneath it stood twelve-thousand iron-armored war spirits, armed with wasted words honed sharp on the fangs of stupidity"

The symbolism in this verse is something I'm very proud of. For instance, the "wasted words" are the wasted and ignored pleas of diplomats and pacifists. The war spirits represent war, of course, and the "fangs of stupidity" are the ignorance and prejudice which can start wars.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 10:50:52 PM »
The Eighth Book of Ion

The Ion-shape was born and died on the same day, and then rose to meet the warrior, who's protonymic is HAA'ADN, and who's name was Seerteg, at the dawn.
But Ion, in his new shape, was brilliant, and Seerteg covered his eyes and wept, saying:

'Your light has scorched my soul!'

Ion drew forth the Threads of the Room of Unenclosed Weavers and crafted for himself a garment of suggestion, and said to Seerteg:

'Peace upon you, Star-On-Brow.'

And Seerteg took this new title within his hands, and beheld Ion in his garment of suggestion and said:

'This name is accepted.'

And Ion said to him:

'Accepting a gift honors the giver, Seerteg Star-On-Brow; the wise will take heed of this.'

And Ion produced from his garment of suggestion a second gift, the gift of SWORD'RADATH, and said:

'This is SWORD'RADATH, brother of STAFF'RADATH and CROWN'RADATH. This lore you have learned.'

And Seerteg Star-On-Brow took the SWORD'RADATH into his bosom. Ion saw this, and, grasping Seerteg Star-On-Brow, drew him sideways into the Space Which Is Not A Space, to the Centrum of Mirthless Tutors. The Eldest of the Mirthless Tutors, a being who's aspect was like that of a sepk-lion with its face in eight dimensions, said to them:

'Why do you come to the Centrum of Mirthless Tutors?'

And Ion emplaced his Water Face, which bears the powers of HUWAN, and said:

'You, who are the Mirthless Tutors, will show Seerteg Star-On-Brow the lore of STAFF'RADATH and CROWN'RADATH, who's brother SWORD'RADATH he has already acquainted.'

And the Eldest of the Mirthless Tutors said:

'All is so. We will accept before your power.'

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 11:15:04 PM »
The Ninth Book of Ion

After seven and seventy years, Ion returned to the Centrum of Mirthless Tutors and retrieved Seerteg Star-On-Brow, who had died and lived once again during his tutelage. And Seerteg Star-On-Brow's visage was clouded with the Black Moths of Self-Doubt. Ion, seeing this, said:

'You doubt your ability to use the CROWN'RADATH.'

And Seerteg Star-On-Brow said:

'It is so. The Bronze Formulae are closed to me.'

And Ion did reach through four dimensions and removed a bit of clay from the Land of the Elohim, and said:

'Of these formulae I free you.'

And Ion cast the mud into the sea, where it formed the Island Called Ill Omen, and there Ion writ large the secrets of the CROWN'RADATH. And once Seerteg Star-On-Brow had read these words, Ion called to a Familiar Spirit, the One Who Devours All Untruth, and to this Familiar Spirit he said:

'Behold my angles. I am the pinnacle of the Trium, the Three-Symbolic-Masks of the Divines. To this I empress you.'

And One Who Devours All Untruth agreed, and drifted down onto the Island Called Ill Omen and always to wait.

Then, Ion wrapped Seerteg Star-On-Brow in a Raiment of Unparalleled Availment and took him sideways into the City That Was His Body.

Offline Erebus

• Journeyman
    • http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/terrestia/
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 02:26:28 AM »
*is fascinated*

This is intriguing stuff - personally I find it resonant of the work of Crowley...

Do you have particular ideas about the in-game applications for the books or the writings themselves?
Blood Make Us One!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 08:44:03 PM »
Hmm...
Well, I theorized that they are only vaguely related to truth. In the region in which they are religious items, they are believed to be the absolute history of their living god, however, the god penned them himself as a sort of propaganda item. They also contain subtle prophecies for those who can pierce Ion's (the god's) extremely thick symbolism.

Offline Erebus

• Journeyman
    • http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/terrestia/
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 07:50:47 AM »
*would love to play in a campaign with meaty and cerebral challenging resources of this kind*

kudos!
Blood Make Us One!

Offline Grevenon

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 12:07:26 PM »
this is pretty cool. how long did it take you to figure out all that you were going to write? you should like write a book or something and go into more depth. that would be coo
"Dave, I'm gonna race 'em"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2004, 05:07:19 PM »
The Tenth Book of Ion

At the passing of the Season For Beautiful Gazes, Ion and Seerteg Star-On-Brow went walking along the Plaza of Corrupted Endeavors. Seerteg said:

'Where are we going?'

To which Ion replied:

'To a lesson in semantics.'

They walked up the parallel side of the Circular Luminance into the Reverse South, where the Wolf Speakers dwelt.
The Wolf Speakers were wargs with inverted corpses, by which is meant, they had the bodies of men and the heads of Smooth Wolves. Their arms and loins and wolf-heads were covered with soft, purple-gray fur.
The Wolf Speakers dwelt in Kunundaak-nundaak, a fortress with towers so high that they built gates in the tops so that the Moon could pass through.
The queen of the Wolf Speakers was Fine Question. She had a thousand lovers, who she laid with when the Moon was full, and when the Sun was at its zenith, Zealous Aphorisms suckled at her breast.
The Wolf Speakers jealously guarded their fortress, and so they howled with rage when Ion and Seerteg Star-On-Brow appeared in the throne chamber of Fine Question.
Said Fine Question:

'Who intrudes upon my revels? We do not love the City-God here, nor his RADATH'ed Minion. Wolf Speakers, destroy.'

From the Fight Rocks, Fine Question's current lover, True Feeroul, selected the Fifth-Or-Sixth Sword, a blade carved from the thighbone of the Larg Giant, which could cut in seven dimensions. Fine Question herself selected the Tree of Chaos from the Fight Rocks, a length of sprouting spiritualism, from which she shook great drops of prophecy.

Seerteg Star-On-Brow went to the Fight Rocks and selected a Word of False Thinking. Then, he battled the Wolf Speakers until only Fine Question was left. She said:

'Life is a path of unconquerable complexity, a thousandfold-mazy stream of misfortune. The only exit, then, is sex.'

Seerteg Star-On-Brow looked about for Ion, but he was gone. So Seerteg said:

'I will satisfy.'

Upon Fine Question he sired a child, Soul Spider, who could ghost touch and comprehend the lefthand geometries.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 06:07:50 PM »
The Eleventh Book of Ion

There are twelve stairs that lead to the Iron World, which is also called Rathomis, of which Ion and Seerteg Star-On-Brow took the thirteenth. They stepped then upon the lawn of the House of Ceerl, the King of Sparrows.

Ion said: 'Be careful not to reveal the Way to Your Heart.'

To which Seerteg replied:'How can I, when I do not know it?'

Within the House, which was small in the Third Dimension, but very large and luminous in the Fifth, the Thronehall of Ceerl was crowded with sparrows, all chattering and swooping, and diving and dashing through the ether, and the great weight of their spiritual vastness made Seerteg Star-On-Brow wince.

Ceerl, the King of Sparrows, said: 'Welcome, City-God and RADATH'ed one! Our inner radiance welcomes your reverberation.'

Ion replied: 'We have come for the Angles of Valor, Love, Ways, and the Sun.'

Ceerl, the King of Sparrows, said:'The Angle of Valor we have. But the Angle of Love has been eaten by the Greedy Man. And the Angle of Ways was taken from us by Preuk, the Giant of Saturn. The Angle of the Sun is not known to us.'

Seerteg Star-On-Brow said: 'We will battle Preuk, the Giant of Saturn. He is a large thing, but cowardly, and they say that his Grandmother was Silvi, the Crone of Fire, so he is deathly afraid of the Waves.'

Seerteg then went to the Platform of the Stars with LUTAATH'SIL'RITAATH, the Sword of Snow, and found Preuk, the Giant of Saturn, stealing Emerald Grain from the Void Wanderers.

Seerteg Star-On-Brow said: 'Preuk, Giant of Saturn, I have come for the Angle of Ways!'

To which replied Preuk, the Giant of Saturn: 'I have sold it to the Stinking Ones of the Southwest. They keep it in a cabinet of adamant, sealed with bars of lead.'

Seerteg Star-On-Brow descended from the Platform of the Stars and went deep into the Stinking Flats, where dwelt the Stinking Ones of the Southwest.

When they saw him, the Stinking Ones said: 'Leave her, Tall-Walker, servant of the City-God! We know your reputation as a seducer, and our queen is not for you!'

Seerteg Star-On-Brow replied: 'Your queen is ugly, and smells of sulfur, as all Stinking Ones do! I have come for the Angle of Ways.'

The Stinking Ones cringed, and said: 'It is ours no longer; We sold it to the White Eagle on the Mountain At the Heart of the World.'

Seerteg Star-On-Brow threw up his hands in frustration and said: 'It is hopeless! It shall never be found! And so, without the Angle of Ways, mortals will be always be blind to their future!"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »
The Twelfth Book of Ion

Twelve books, twelve sounds, twelve jaguars, twelve feathered idols.
There are twelve hearts, let it be known, and that this is the ONE OF THE SECRETS of HLOGIS-

NEM [UT] RUL'R'RUL [NEM] T'KAB BETEK [L'HOM]

We have no way to translate these SECRETS of HLOGIS which ION HIMSELF did give unto us.
But Seerteg Star-On-Brow gave a clue and that clue is the Five Formulae For Discovering HLOGIS, which are

NYEM'HAI L'L'UB
K'S RIELLOB
K'S MYUHARRJ
V'B B'TSSIL
and
ONT.

To learn these must be done, and where they are taught is unknown, but it is known that this place is called the Center Which Is No Center.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
The 15 Books of Ion
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2005, 11:38:43 AM »
It would be quite fun if the 13th book of Ion was lost or proscribed.  And when are you going to finish these?  

Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up! Post then up!
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©