llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hi.  (Read 1439 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Old Dreamer

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Hi.
« on: May 16, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
Hello. I gamed a lot in high school, D&D mostly. But last 25 years have been filled with other things. Still loved the concept of RPGs, just didn't do anything with it.

Well, I've got 2 little people of my own now, 5 and almost 8 years old. And I'm thinking about getting back into gaming if only to have fun and make memories with my little urchins.

With more demands on my time than ever, I seriously doubt I'll participate much. Would love to though, as this seems a very, very cool place.

But I'll steal ideas all day long from here! My daughters will think I'm the most creative daddy in the whole wide world...

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Hi.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »
And we will gladly share what we have. Welcome aboard!
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
Make your daughters proud!

Appreciate you taking a moment and registering and letting us know you will be haunting the site occasionally grabbing some goodies.  If you find something you like a quick vote or comments goes a long way.

Looking forward to see you traveling amongst us!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline helen82

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • web development
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »
Hi Old Dreamer!
Your story is very sincere. I think that you are a faithful man. I'm used to a game addict,  too. So I understand your situation. I hope your family always fill up laughs and happy. Hope the relationship  between you and your lovely daughters be nice.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:01 AM »
Hi there Old Dreamer!

I have recently began my journey upon the same path as you. I had a gaming group for 20 years, but it is gone now, dust in the wind never to be seen again.

So now I have begun GMing for my son and a pal of his, aged 10 and 13.

Their enthusiasm is truly rejuvenating.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
Greetings.

If you stick around you will notice that many of the people here are actually not active GMs/gamers anymore but use this place to let out some creative steam. Heck, some users have never even GMd or played in a real life pen&paper RPG.

Anyway, I hope you find this place useful. There are many jewels scattered about waiting to be used in a game.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”