llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Episode 3: Rouge Tower [ON HOLD]

Author (Read 22385 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Episode 3: Rouge Tower
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
[ooc]I'm not sure how PvP works with our stats. AG, could you elucidate in the OOC thread?[/ooc]

The man calling himself Carnegie was surprised by the sudden outburst in his ear. Thrilled by someone of this skill, speed and precision, he turned to Helena and spoke calmly, in defiance of his feelings of awe. "Miss Sandstern, you keep some very sophisticated company."

He clenched his jaw shut, and began the delicate sequence of muscle movements that would activate the highest level of encryption. He'd have to warn the SCDF of the security failure as soon as possible. He also turned the complete-record feature of this rig. Whatever was doing this was not in the archive, and everything would be sent to a forensic team as soon as he could. Until he was in a secure location, he brutally shut down his rig to give the attacher as little information as possible. He was now completely alone.

Remembering the security dossier he'd read on all the clandestines, he had no idea of what or whom was doing this. He could only think that this group was backed by an heavyweight AI, but that made no sense. His Intel team would hear of this.

Standing up and looking throughout the room, he spoke distinctly to the room "You are but a ghost in the machine unwilling to step forward and reveal yourself, yet you ask for honesty? For me to reveal who I am?"

And suddenly, the man who called himself Carnegie had the tremendous feeling that this operation, for once, would be thrilling. It would be a challenge, and the events that would come to pass would change the course of this city and the people in it. He felt a strong sense of potency, like a nexus of possibilities opening suddenly, making his mind bubble with professional delight. This was going to be big. He could feel it. This would be working at a whole new level. These would be players worth playing with. Armand Steel was now an almost forgotten peon secondary to a game of chess orchestrated by masters.

The disguise he was wearing fell from his shoulder like wax from a hot plate, and a smile of excitement replaced his arrogant features. He did not know how to truly be himself. Indeed, he did not even know if amongst all the legends, there was a self. But from all the legends, the one he now wore was the most familiar. The change was shocking to those watching, akin to seeing your face in the mirror suddenly change into someone else. Undeniably, the man standing before them was unrecognisable from he who stood a few minutes ago.

"Dear ghost, you have a terrible sense of reciprocity. Yet you intrigue me. I will feed your appetite. You may call me Mason. This is not my real name. But it is close enough. Curie, are you?"

Turning to Kiph, Mason now spoke: "I Know of the man you speak of. Ardakaus Serosh. He will be at the ball. He will be in charge of the security. He will be well armed. Master Loett must think highly of you, Fatebringer."

"But I do not need secret keepers. I need a team capable of murdering a man in utmost discretion, in the middle of a social occasion amongst his peers, without being noticed. Without even his closest guard noticing that I have taken his place."

"I come here as an harbinger of destruction for this city and for those who command it."

Mason now locked eyes with every man in the room in turn, and after a long pause spoke simply: "Are you in."

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:16:39 PM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:15 PM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Delicate skills, thought Riv?

"I cannot speak for the others here, but my skills are by no means delicate," Riv said mirthfully.  "And I tend not to kill those I have no quarrel with.  But you say they can't suspect murder? If we were to provide a diversion that at least my skills would provide, your targets death, no matter how engineered, would seem connected and therefore suspect.

I don't know your capabilities, but any diversion would have to be subtle, and let some form of quiet, delayed death meet your target.  Better yet would be some means to have him destroy himself."  Riv did not speak of why he had knowledge of these.  He had engineered such destruction before, though he preferred the hammer to the  screwdriver.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
'You---you know Master Loett?" For a few moments Kiph was silent, digesting Carnegie's words. *A harbinger of destruction*

Kiph liked that. He realized this man was someone the Fatebringer could relate to, and was about to say something, when suddenly, Carnegie's face began to change. Kiph stared unabashed, fascinated with this man's powers. Moments later, a new man now sat upon the sofa. A new man, but one with the same agenda as the one that came before him.

"Ok, I am in. And we don't need guns to kill him, not even knives." He said 'him' but meant 'them'.

There was so much to plan. He left it unsaid, but at that moment Kiph, in his cancerous gut, felt more alive than he had been in months. Killing was his business. And business was getting good.

His mind reeled now, he'd kill Steel, and he would also kill Serosh. One ball. Two murders. And then Master Loett would know---that Kiph was the greatest assasin of them all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:06:50 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
Looking at Kiph, and his expression at the mention of his master, Mason concluded that his Intelligence team had done their work well in his case at least. The name had been highlighted, and the mention had created the desired effect.  "Unfortunately, I do not have the privilege of knowing him personally. But I do know of him. And I concluded from his reputation." What exactly Mason concluded, he left unsaid.

Turning towards Riv, Mason continued: "Forgive me, Mr Scarlette. Armand Steel will not die to the eyes of those around him. As I said, he will be murdered, then his body will be disposed of, and I will take his place. And I mean this very literally. For all intents and purposes besides our own, Armand Steel will enter and leave the ball unharmed. Only we will know that an impostor - In this case myself - has taken his place."

"The manner in which he dies is truly irrelevant to the purpose. I will require his eyes and fingers so that I may steal his identity fully, but that is all. I myself have several way of bringing about his demise, but I am not attached to these in particular. I imagine that the murder of Ardakaus Serosh could provide the opportunity for the replacement of Armand Steel."

"Once the task done, all payments will of course be made in full. But if, like me, wish to see the leadership of Rouge Tower... re-shuffled, then  there will be further work ahead." This was a lie thought Mason darkly. His mission could not have been any clearer: The live capture of the elusive Scientist. He cared little to what happened to Rouge tower or its leadership, but it was close enough. His final objective would only sound ridiculous if spoken out loud.

This was the first stage. He had to remind himself. Later, other SCDF special operatives and their own recruited cells would come together to carry out the final steps. If all goes according to plan he thought.

Then he heard his own mentor in his mind: Which it never does
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:18:02 PM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"You have schematics of this ballroom? What floor is it on? Toilets? Bar? How many security? How many ways in and out? Tell me everything. Would we need to kill him whenever he excuses himself to piss, or are you expecting a miracle on the actual dance floor?"

Kiph's mind raced. An idea came to him.

Turning to Helena, he said, "Can you help me become a woman?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:51:58 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Lets not get ahead or our selves, Kiph.  Payment? How rendered? And, there must be advance payment and proof of the balance.

Part if that will be how you know of me and my companions to the degree that you have last names, when the dear lady said nothing of the sort."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 01:47:33 AM »

Bleak Wood Storyteller

• Storyteller of the Nuclear Wastes
  • Adept
    • Awards
[ooc]Wesknife has learnt that the Carnivale Veneziane this year is aboard the air cruiser "Truth of Steel". It is widely rumored that Armand Steel has a huge surprise in store for the party revelers. The cruiser will be docked in Steel Compound, and can host 50 crew and 300 first class passengers. His investigations have revealed that all guests get their own cabin, but not the layout of the ship. She is newly built, the pride of Steelcorp, and, Wesknife believes, built to humiliate The Scientist whom Steel feels a bit of rivalry towards.[/ooc]
Survive the Wastelands: Take Cover!

Rules: http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,3724.0.html
Characters: http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,3729.0.html

Cast:
Badblood Kiph - Assassin
Curie Laforge - Experiment 13
Riv Scarlette - Firestarter
Wesknife - "The Chameleon"

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 04:42:45 AM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
"That is easily given. I have been studying you closely for the past three months." Said Mason while looking at Riv.

"I was evaluating your abilities and suitability for the task. I followed the trail that has led you here and drew the conclusion that you would be suitable. That is all." Well, close enough, anyway.

In truth ever since the death of Colonel Anderson, his space-side controllers had been scouring the networks, looking for irregularities. An AI had found them. The arrival of an hovercraft, followed by the capture and imprisonment of a wanted fugitive, had rung alarm bells. Mason had then proceeded to study Helena's apartment, since she was the only person connected to the events, and was pleasantly surprised to find Kiph, Cormac and Riv living there illegally. A quick lookup to his superiors had brought some sparse dossiers down. A few credits in the right hands had revealed the story of their escape from bleak wood, and  their association with the mutant Ceres, whose charred body was found by Gambit soldiers. The Gambit reports out of Bleak Wood lifted from the airwaves by the SCDF wireheads had done the rest. A few more credits had stirred up the past, and revealed much about their enemies. As for Master Loett, The SCDF was an intelligence agency after all, and had needs of such men from time to time.

"Payment is in a iris-locked account in the Rouge city bank. The next person to scan-in on this here terminal will have this account locked to them. 10 000 have already been credited. Only the claiming thereof remains."

"As for further details, yes, I do have some, but not enough. The ball will be held in the air cruiser "Truth of steel" and all guests will have private cabins. Knowing Steel, I expect all cabins but his own would be under surveillance. More will have to be found out. If you agree, I will go and gather all that I know and will be back in a few hours with every details. You understand, I hope, why I do not carry such details with me?"

[ooc]That way, you can all plot on Bringing Down Da Truth while I have my back turned![/ooc]

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »

Bleak Wood Storyteller

• Adept
    • Awards
Helena looked dumbfounded.

"Why, Kiph... Sure... Well, at the Carnivale your will be wearing a mask. But sure, I can put you in a pretty dress and give you boobs"

No amount of makeup can make you pretty though. Not by a long shot.

Her thoughts were loud in her head, and for Kiph of the Inner Eye it was as if she shouted the words in his face.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:50:13 AM by Bleak Wood Storyteller »

Cast:
Badblood Kiph - Assassin

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:03 AM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"With you being so over-eager on killing your fellow man for coin, the wasteland outside was as inevitable as 1/x approaching zero. And yet, you appear to have not learnt. Not a thing. Mason. You have significantly more resources than necessary for survival, yet what have you done for the ennoblement of mankind? Naught. Building sandcastles like others of your ilk, and tearing them down with reciprocity and regularity that borders on certainty."

The stereo took over once more.

"What is the meaning? Killing to survive is nature's way. Murdering a stranger who does not threaten you nor your offspring is nonsensical. Though I disagree with his choice of mate, Cormac is solitary in his sanity in this demesne. His life has a point. What is that of yours, Mason?"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:53 AM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
"An existential ghost? Well, well."

"Dear Curie. I learnt long ago to forfeit the quest for meaning. Life is meaningless. A series of accident and unfortunate circumstances, at best. There is as little meaning in life as there is in death, and humanity's pathetic attempts at finding such are derisory."

"Nature's way? Pah. You seemingly know little of nature. Nature will kill through the tempest both preys and predators. Nature will release her wrath upon the slopes of volcanoes, killing both nurturing creators and vicious destructors. Nature will bring a comet plunging into a paradise of life. Meaning? Purpose? Right? Wrong? Nature knows not of such things. Nature knows only indifference."

"You accuse me of building with intent to destroy? Look around, my dear Curie. This world on which we live is a transient and ephemeral speck of dust upon a speck of dust within the sea of time. All will be destroyed. Every last being upon it will die, and the universe, indifferent, will not remember."

"You speak of certainty. The only certainty is destruction. You an I will die. Even the gods will die if such exist. Whether the organic meatbag that has been arbitrarily labelled Armand Steel by his now rotting mother dies or lives is of no consequence."

"The Ennoblement of mankind?" And here Mason loudly burst out laughing. Something chilling resided within that laugh. Something dead and cold.

"Protecting my progeny?" Mason laughed some more, almost unable to continue "Have you not realised yet that the nurturing impulses that we have are programmed for the sake of our survival. We are programmed by millenial genes for a single thing: to survive. Do you realise the irony, the oh-so-sweet paradox? We exist to exist. Have you not realised the futility of life yet?"

He wiped a tear of laughter from his eye before continuing "You are a child, Curie. It seems you have yet to experience the universe's indifference firsthand. I forgive you. I wish that I could deceive myself to believe as you do. How my heart longs to believe."

"Do you wish to know how I yet live? You must be wondering, Curie, how it is that a man devoid of meaning and purpose has not already taken his own life? I will tell you. I enjoy it far too much!"

"I enjoy tearing the fabric of the world I inhabit apart. I enjoy turning people against one another. I enjoy seeing them scramble and fight for the scraps of food I throw at them. I enjoy distorting the fabric of their lives so that the cold sweats of their own insignificance terrorises them at night. Every death caused becomes a satisfying end to a meaningless life. I enjoy seeing the &^%$@ goddess irony plant her poisoned spear in the ribs of those who believe, and then, slowly, inch by agonising inch, twist the life that they have spent so long building out of them."

"How I envy you Curie. How innocent you are."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 08:07:57 AM by dark_dragon »

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"This is exactly what I wanted to hear, mister Mason. Losing your cool to a child, how contemptible. Now the others should see your priorities and have no qualms about sending you where you belong."

The intercom's raspy voice took over from the clear sound of the stereo:

"A less syllable-intensive workout for you simians: he's an ass, go get him!"

Curie just hoped that they had enough time to grab their weapons while the killer was distracted.

[ooc]Unless he ripped the batteries from the electronics, I should be able to do something; especially to the contact lenses which have to have a power source and cannot be hardware-shut down. Thus, I will go for frilly-pink, at least changing his entire vision to exactly that.[/ooc]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 40, total 40[/blockquote]
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »

Bleak Wood Storyteller

• Adept
    • Awards
During Mason and Curie's little word fight, Helena and Cormac had stood mouths agape. The arrogant Mason had scared the s**t out of her at first, but now Curie was freaking her out.

He is an ass? Yes, true. Get the bastard? Why, he offered to leave

But it was Cormac that acted, bellowing at the top of his lungs. "WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE? I WANT YOU OUT! I WANT ALL OF YOU OUT OF THIS APARTMENT. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! YOU ARE SCARING MY WIFE. GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!"

Mason doubled over, his eyes blinded and Cormac lifted him off the ground like a little child. Mason hit the corridor wall with force and fell to the ground. Standing firm in the doorway, his jaw clenched, the huge soldier pointed out the doorway and looked at Kiph and Riv.

"CURIE, YOU TOO! GET OUT OF MY APARTMENT! RIV, KIPH! YOU GUYS ARE NOT WANTED HERE ANYMORE!"

His cheeks were flushed red, his eyes black as coal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:49:04 AM by Bleak Wood Storyteller »

Cast:
Badblood Kiph - Assassin

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Curie charged out, somewhat relieved, pulse racing from the confrontation. The cloak's power let the alien vanish from sight, and she stormed off, into the night.

By a relais of a communication central the experiment came to rest and relaxed. Bathing in the flow of data and sifting through pointless information seeking packets of relevance was akin to meditation, the favorite calming exercise for Curie, back at the lab.

Then, it came to her in an eureka moment - the city was home to a scientist, one with a capital S no less.
"He will appreciate my talents; and I will have a purpose - and a future."

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph opened his mouth to say something but clammed up. He was out of his league, and tempers were running too high.

Before following Curie out the door, he gave Riv a knowing look. The kind of look that said, we'll need to speak. Soon.

"Curie LaForge, your talents are incredible", Kiph said attempting some friendly banter, but truth be told, the episode with the vacuum and stereo was indeed impressive. "There are many bad men here. The same kinds of bad men that did what they did to you and to me. But this @!#$er has information I desperately need. He has a way in to this ball, and all of the collective Gambit @!#$ers who did what they did to you and me, and countless others, will all be there. And I have been tasked with killing another---"

He paused. Right. Curie would have no interest in whoever Kiph was tasked to kill....

Speaking nicely was alien to Kiph, but he was drawn to Curie. He was the only one who found her beautiful.

"That Mason or Carnegie, or whoever he is, has showed his hand, thanks to you. But we, have not yet shown ours. I swore to you when we met, that I would help you. And when your laboratory is up and running, I can be your first "victim". Maybe you can draw out the posion from my blood---" He smiled wanly.

Curie seemed lost in thought.

"I only know how to kill and survive, Curie! I---I don't know how to do anything else!" Kiph screamed this now, and if he was capable of crying he would now. But Kiph had no tears in his ducts, so he just stood there, an anguished look upon his face.

"We need your help, Curie. Please...help us kill the bastards. Only the bastards."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:36:03 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Riv got up slowly and began gathering his equipment, while keeping an eye on the enraged soldier.

Truth be told, Riv didn't care that much. Only now his safehouse now wasn't and it was time to move on.  It really had been too long here and 'Mason's' knowledge only confirmed that.

"No hard feelings there Cormac, it's been a slice," he grinned at the soldier as he followed Kiph and that thing out the door.  He looked down at the stunned Mason thinking dark thoughts, but was interrupted by Kiph's outburst.

Who knew?

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The roof was silent, save for the flapping of Kiph's cloak and the buzz of the com-station's antennae. The Fatebringer had to have excellent predatory instincts to follow Curie despite the cloak's powers. 13 just added it to the mental file about him - it formed a coherent picture.

After a minute of tense silence, the experiment eying the expectant Kiph, she proceeded dispassionately: "My evaluation of both your and Riv's character was inaccurate, in stark contrast to my assessment of the stranger whose name is still uncertain. Apparently, my social aptitude needs excessive workout."

Strainedly composed, Curie proceeded.

"You may thank me for revealing the true nature of your would-be employer once you see the merit of my doings. I did expect you to neutralize him though, and be content with the ten thousand that were promised in advance; securing that pecuniary reward required no further participation on his part."

A carefully measured shaking of the head, perhaps too exaggerated. She could have held up a sign stating 'this is a gesture of disapproval'.

"It does not compute why you would work for a nihilist and sociopath who will have you removed once you are no longer useful. I consider it folly with no possible gain, as stated before."

Curie took off the mask.

"I know the need for vengeance, and wish to see the Gambit annihilated, if not of altruistic motives, then for our own safety. Yet I would be a fool to believe that Mason Garcia Lie-smith is our sole and preferable avenue to said vengeance. Have you explored the alternatives?"

Seeing Kiph's distress, the experiment added an unconvincing and totally awkward "there, there".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:26:38 PM by EchoMirage »

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor

Riv came up and checked his reaction at 13's appearance.

"Oh, we had him pegged for skunk from the onset," said Riv.  "And we have nothing from him yet - an Iris locked account is worthless to me - like I would show up to collect.  All he's given us thus far is words.  And if I shot every psycho I met in the first few minutes I met them, I'd be out a lot of ammo. I like to hear folks out before I do what needs doing."

"He could easily have killed us by dropping the right word to the wrong person, and could still. So he does need  us.  And as for him disposing of us after we are done, well, he's welcome to try. So you two figure out what you're goin' to do.  I'm with Kiph."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"I dont want to 'work for him', Curie. I want revenge. I want revenge, and that is all I ever wanted from the time I crawled out of the Gambit's hell-hole laboratory. That is all i ever wanted. Revenge. Is that wrong?"

Kiph could not be sure. Was it wrong? He had no idea.

"We will not work for him. We will let him lead us to the Gambit @!#$ers. All of them. All there for the---"

He paused again, as Riv walked up and Curie removed her mask. He stood transfixed, gazing upon her visage, and listening. If Riv had not just walked up, Kiph thought, I would kiss her right now....somewhere on that face. It was beautiful.

"Yes, yes, what Riv is saying, is right" he continued. "Let Riv here, take care of the money matters with Mason. And who says, we have to do what Mason wants us to do, once we're inside. He will be as much at our mercy as those Gambit bastards. You can look at any one, and point, and I will kill the one you choose for you. And after---after, we---I, will do whatever I can, in helping you find what you need. We need to stick together, you and I, we are the same. We are tainted, and looking to love again. And be loved. But first, we must do what know one else can, for the sake of all those who came before us! I have been looking for alternatives for months, but now one presents itself on a platter. Mason is not our only avenue, but he is an avenue", he concluded not entirely sure what an avenue actually was.

To Kiph this was an outpouring of love. Hopefully it came across the way he intended. He would kill for her, his fellow sufferer.

Silence...

"Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to the ball?" he squirmed in place.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:02:27 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"Is this a traditional proposal to accompany you to a ball as a pair? If so, your plan on wearing female attire may be detrimental - I do have both primary and secondary female sexual characteristics; I also do not have sufficient data on local culture - would a couple appearing to be homosexual not draw unwanted attention?"

Oblivious to their puzzled looks, Curie continued.

"While your priority on vengeance is irrationally highly placed, I concur that I want to see the gambit dead, and, irrationally so, a certain amount of suffering on their part appears disturbingly appealing to me. If this is the most adequate window of opportunity to strike, then it is unwise to waste it."

To Kiph's questioning face, Curie spoke a clear "yes", then proceeded shyly.

"I have slain only three men so far, all indirectly, therefore my expertise in killing is lacking in all its aspects. For the Gambit's sake, you will have to teach me."

There was a feral flicker in the experiment's eyes as she donned the mask once more.

"Stand up. I am convinced. Stop wasting time." She strode back to the compound.

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
But Kiph could not yet stand up. He was frozen, and his faulty heart beat ever faster, as Curie walked away. She said, yes. Kiph had never been with anyone other than prostitutes before, and now, this woman, a real woman, albeit with some physical characteristics uncommon in other women, said yes to his advances. For a brief moment he remained in place. Then the moment passed, and insanity returned. Wait, was she calling me a homo? No, that wasn't it. She merely meant---ah! He had not thought that far ahead. His plan was to go to the ball as a woman, but if he was to accompany Curie as her date---right. No more wasting time. Perhaps this first true date would have to wait. He needed to attend as a woman, it was all part of his plan, a woman with----with, primary, what did Curie call it? All the main and primary parts. And he needed to teach Curie how to kill. This day was starting to turn out well.

Slowly he began his irregular descent into madness, but interrupted just in time, by a cough from Riv, got up, and followed the pair back to the compound.

"She said, yes, Riv!" Kiph cackled as he went. Riv did not seem to care.

There was so much to plan.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:57:04 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »

Bleak Wood Storyteller

• Adept
    • Awards
Dazed and confused, blood running profusely from his nose, Mason arose on wobbling legs. In that instant Kiph and Riv strode past him, one on each side, scooping him up in their arms. "We accept your mission, mr. Mason", Riv said as the agent tried to clear his eyes.

A few days later
Hidden behind their masks, in their silken party togas, the party stepped up the fifty marble steps of the broad stairs leading to the entrance of the docked gargantuan vessel. On every tenth step stood a semi-naked steroid bouncer with but a silvery silken loincloth and a bull skull mask of steel, with curving horns.

The "Truth of Steel" was a marvel to behold, a technological wonder - "the renewed triumph of mankind", as a young female carnivale beauty had said, nipple tassels jingling from perfectly molded breasts.

People had been waiting in a throng, and when a fat, toadlike man with a satyr mask slammed his iron staff in the marble at the top of the stairs, declaring the carnivale for opened, they had rushed forward as one, bringing the PCs along like bits of bark caught in the current of a river.

Perfume and sweat everywhere, strobe lights greeting them as they entered, a feminine young man approaching with a silver platter filled with grapes.

"Divine grapes, provided by mister Steel for your pleasure", he said with a surprisingly deep voice.

Old and young, fat and athletic, every member of the social elite was here with their friends and business acquaintances. Some wealthy tycoon, unknown exactly who he was, morbidly obese stood at the center of a huge following, young girls and boys all around him. Elderly ladies with young men, middle aged friends already dancing madly with reckless abandon. The strobe lights made the world seem dipped in syrup, everything unnaturally slow, every face covered by a mask.

"When will he make an appearance?", a young woman whispered. "When it is time to announce his big secret, the surprise everyone keep talking about", another woman replied, her kitten mask  in the silver and black of the more regular Venetian masks.

Another man in a steel bull skull mask approached them. "Names please", and once he had their names they were directed to their cabins and their breath sampled. The doors would now abide by their breath.

[ooc]Okay, we have somehow managed to arrive at the "Truth of Steel". My post covers a bit of time, remember that you can interact with anyone in my post. No strict timelines when not engaged in critical activities.

Note that Steel has not shown himself yet (he might be hidden anonymously behind a mask, but that is impossible to tell)

Also note that the grapes have been laced with party narcotics, Ecstasy style

And finally, note that initially the reek of perfume reigns supreme. It is after a while of dancing that the stench of sweat and booze is thrown into the reek of perfume[/ooc]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:52:37 PM by Bleak Wood Storyteller »

Cast:
Badblood Kiph - Assassin

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 04:50:08 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
[ooc]Eek. Need some time to plan this thing. Also, Kiph is in full-blown woman disguise, if we're fast-forwarding, my own Fatebringer disguise skills, plus help from Helena, should have me looking pretty convincing. And since we're wearing masks to boot....AG, can i get a percentle # of some kind, in order to know how good my disguise is, when it comes to someone "seeing thru it"? Lastly, is it an option for Kiph to wear my own mask, from my original equipment? :P Tight, snake-skin full-mask (like a wrsetlers kinda, but with python pattern) [/ooc]
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »

Bleak Wood Storyteller

• Adept
    • Awards
[ooc]Okay, so Kiph goes as a woman after all. Hmm... Okay. With Kiph's lithe body, the mask, Helena's wig and dress... I'd say 75% convincing. The rest will take you for a transvestite. Kiph is not the only one of those in there. ;)

And yes, snake mask it is! One scary woman! Does Kiph wear makeup under the mask?

You get to choose color of dress, wig and such. Everyone else: Choose your outfit and your masks. You've had time to prepare.[/ooc]

[ooc]Eek. Need some time to plan this thing. Also, Kiph is in full-blown woman disguise, if we're fast-forwarding, my own Fatebringer disguise skills, plus help from Helena, should have me looking pretty convincing. And since we're wearing masks to boot....AG, can i get a percentle # of some kind, in order to know how good my disguise is, when it comes to someone "seeing thru it"? Lastly, is it an option for Kiph to wear my own mask, from my original equipment? :P Tight, snake-skin full-mask (like a wrsetlers kinda, but with python pattern) [/ooc]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:56:40 PM by Bleak Wood Storyteller »

Cast:
Badblood Kiph - Assassin

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
[ooc]So, 75% chance eh, going to chance it :P[/ooc]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

Riv walked up the stairs, resplendent in his mutlicolored Jalabiyah, his shining breastplate glimmering at the neckline.  He wore a black jester's mask, complete with a somewhat demonic half-grin.

Smiling near to fit the mask, Riv happily helped himself to a handful of the grapes and joined the partying masses.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®