llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Whom the gods would destroy...  (Read 29245 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: Whom the gods would destroy...
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »
"So weak you have to beat me to death with a human? Is your flesh not even capable of standing firm to mine?" called Adan, as he half danced, half bolted towards the door, sweeping a piece of the statuary down into the floor, hopefully to trip up his foe as he ran towards the magi. He had felt the tingle at the edge of far dormant senses, the call of the holy magic. "Come, little impling, come to my place of power, and I will show you true strength!"

And then, he ran, full on, for the circle of protection that he prayed to his Lord and Lady for the existence of.  Just a few yards further, young Hellschwert!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »
At this, the demodand finally flinged young Erund Hellschwert aside. The boy was sent flying toward one of the walls, and thudded against a tapestry, collapsing to the floor.

With another effortless swipe, the monster sent a statue of Richolm Hellschwert flying, shattering against the down-stairs window, sending yet more glass flying through the house and outside.

As it came, the creature chanted in clacks beneath its breath. Emerging into the sun, it paused to find Adan nearby, still tempting it to give chase. Along side the irksome man the demodand could now see another human, and yet another boy. It advanced.

[ooc]Initiative between demodand, Adan, and Kadarin. Meanwhile, Kyrian should dispatch the remaming peryton next round in his face-off. If he doesn't, Vorodon will. It would then take Kyrian and Vorodon 1 round to reach either demodand or protective circle. [/ooc]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:23:41 AM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
Vorodon's gaze narrowed as battle rage blossomed in the half-ogre warrior. He vaguely recognized the flying beast menacing his friend: His father had once warned him of the Ehry-tones, "heart-eaters" that condemned their prey's souls to soul-torn misery in the next life, bereft of bravery and love. 

Rushing toward the fray, Vorodon's deep voice boomed in animal challenge, echoing through the sodden woodland like the battle-call of some ancient predator. One practiced hand yanked the oilcloth wrappings clear from his quiver even as the other swiftly drew a jagged iron missile.  "Ehry-tone NOT take friend heart this day!"

Leaping atop a weathered stump, he drew back his arm and flung his dart!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
(Ummm... That was supposed to be an 8...)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:53:51 AM by Wulfhere »
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
As he bolted for the hemisphere of protection, across the rough dirt of the stable floor, Adan felt, rather than saw, the divine protection of the Lord wash over him. As he did so, he turned, raising the shield once more, just within the border of the of the protective field. Enough, he half hoped, to trick the beast into thinking it was he that deflected the blows that were sure to come, rather than the wizard. If it was truly frightened of 'his' power, it would fight poorly, and perhaps that would be the advantage they would need.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
"By the gods, that thing is ugly", thought Kadarin as he stood in his circle.  Though he rued the permanent use of the spell, he could not have thought of a better outcome.  Vorodon! The valiant half-ogre was as welcome a sight as Kadarin had seen in some time.

Kadarin again began to chant additional magics, this time to enlarge Adan's dagger. A small thing perhaps, but sometimes the small things could matter the most.

Adan was helping by drawing the beast near, as if that was a good thing..

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:57:08 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »
[ooc]Hey, did Voro kill the peryton? If so, I can charge off to help Adan![/ooc]
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
Kyrian was getting ready to swing his blade once more, when he heard an ear-piercing whistle not far from his head.

The circling Peryton, already injured, shrieked and quite suddenly crash-landed in a bloody, black, heap, its wings still spasming involuntarily.  For a moment Kyrian was confused. Did the creature die of fright, at the thought of absorbing another kiss from the Carmine Rose?

Turning suddenly at Herald’s snort, Kyrian could now see the unmistakable figure of Vorodon of the Volgotoi approaching. And approaching quickly.

[ooc]We'll go with your 20 Wulf. A small boon from an evil GM. Welcome back! The thing had 5 HP left, so its dead. We'll say you can hit peryton with non-magical dart, because of the lovely 1st ed. rule val found. Creatures of 4+ HD can attack creatures not normally affected by non-magical attacks. Or something. But you're also a PC, not a monster, sooooo, yep. Thats my ruling.  :P To hit demodand however, you'll need that axe me'thinks.[/ooc]

[ooc]My initiative roll v. Adan's 8...(21:16:56) ChatBot: Murometz rolls 1d10 and gets 9. SO you actually win initiative, and Kadarin has already enlarged the dagger into a sword. Your attack Adan and Kadarin. Kyrian and Vorodon can join next round, right now they're moving quickly toward circle/demodand, with Kyrian charging even.[/ooc]

The demon paused as he approached his pink-fleshed foe. Who were all these humans? He could now see the mounted rider, and what looked to be an ogre not far away. Furthermore, this young one hiding behind the tormentor with his puny shield, was chanting magic. The demon sniffed the air, through various nostrils, located along its body. Magic. I know magic too. They will pay for interfering with my mission. They will all pay. They will pay with their flesh and their bones. I will feast on them, then find my prize. Their souls will burn in the Pits of Tarterus.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:56:25 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Adan Hellschwert

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »
As the Demodand drew close, and the blade in his had gained mass and length, into a weapon with which the young scion of Hellschwert was more familiar, he dropped into a strange fighting stance. Turning within the protection of the circle, before drawing his blade in a great, underhanded cut, meaning to try to split the demonic being from stern to stem, the family form 'Kurzschwert Drei', perhaps the most powerful single attack he had.

Alas, the blade 'twould cleave naught but air, his reach but millimeters too short to tag the glue-like hide of the beast, leaving him to curse beneath his breath.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:14:23 PM by Adan Hellschwert »

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »
"Oh woe! A dread ogre approaches, and my knees tremble!" Kyrian laughed at Vorodon. "From it, I must retreat, and battle the far less frightening demon instead!"

And so he did, racing towards the loathsome tar fiend, blade at the ready, a war cry on his lips. "Leave a piece of the fiend for me!"

[ooc]The roll below is for my next attack; I will try to get the thing between me and Adan, and beat it up in concert.[/ooc]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2010, 01:02:56 AM »
First slap away the irksome shield-man, and then demolish the red-cheeked mage, G’rexlakhus decided as he advanced, enraged, but suddenly confident in its chances. The horse and its rider looked familiar to it. It had fought many such knights before. Weakling warriors encased in paper-thin metal. It had no fear of the galloper. The ogre, this had to be a summoned beast. No true ogre would dare advance upon a Farastu! It would make quick work of the meaty target, it decided.

But first the verbal attacker before it, who had just missed with his pathetic needle and his awkward lunge. Is he baiting me? I will vomit  tar down his throat!

[ooc]Kadarin's turn, then Farastu attacks Adan/Kadarin. Then Initiative between Farastu and everyone all together. Echo, since technically we can't roll initiative until val's attack, and then Farastu, you can take that 5 back, and reroll shortly if you like. Up to you.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:04:33 AM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2010, 06:50:42 AM »
Though it was being to tax his strength, as soon as one mystic chant completed, he began anew, yet again calling upon his magic.

First the blade, then the warrior, thought Kadarin as his magic entwined about Adan.

[ooc]Enlarge of course :)[/ooc]

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »
As Kadarin chanted, the demodand lunged at Adan, flailing its meat-hook arms, and slinging tar, only to be stopped by some invisible force preventing it access to Adan. Now truly enraged, the demodand tried again, and again was thwarted by painful magic. It roared then, a horrid sound that would wake the dead. It had encountered such magic before, used by summoners to protect themselves.

At this point, the demodand paused and began chanting itself, in some grotesque unrecognizable tongue not meant for men to understand. As it did so, it kept an eye on the advancing rider and ogre...and on the suddenly growing shield-man, who began to grow to colossal size. More sorcery! The chanting wizard behind the shield-man must be destroyed!

[ooc]It has used its attack (claw/claw/bite) on Adan this round, thwarted by prot. from demodands circle. Now, we need one roll for group initiative from someone. Here's the demodands, This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1[/ooc] (nope,no tampering)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:28:23 AM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »
"Did the little demon stub his toe? What indignity! But that humiliation will be thousandfold when I wipe the last remnants of you off my boots!"
Kyrian was on a roll, drunk with battle, heart racing; the world seem to flow like honey.

[ooc]Kyrian rolls initiative.[/ooc] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 6, total 6
[ooc]Provided I get that d20 re-roll, here it is[/ooc] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:44:29 AM by EchoMirage »

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
With a mighty bellow, Adan reversed his blade from the high point of its arc, pulling it back down into the Pflug guard, before stepping forwards to plunge the sword directly at the center of the beast's mass, praying to his Lord and Lady that he might at least cleave vital flesh. Still, as the tar flashed past him, an idea formed in his mind. But first, the beast would need to be intent upon the others, and he was acutely aware that should the protection spell fail, at this moment, he was Kadarin's only line of defense.

[blockquote]To Hit: 1d20 : 6, total 6
Damage, if hit: 1d6+3 : 5 + 3, total 8
To stick, if hit: 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Offline Adan Hellschwert

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
Missing, his blade skittering across chitinous armor, though thankfully without sticking, Adan swore handily, dancing backwards within the circle of protection, both back towards Kadarin, and back towards a haypile at the same time, as he called out, "Vorodon! Throw the haywagon at him!"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by Adan Hellschwert »

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »
Grim purpose filled Vorodon as he lumbered toward the tar-oozing horror, awkwardly unlimbering his greataxe.  His armored fist slapped the weapon's mottled iron head, which issued an eerie reverberation, a strangely deep tone as if hidden gulfs echoed with every strike.  Gleaming copper beads and colorful luck knots rattled against the weapon's haft, hill talismans dangling from the deadly axe's blade.

"Gora’am’s Tussk'n! Never no more hurt friend!" cried the hulking warrior as he threw himself into this new battle. The half-breed's massive weapon lashed out toward the demodand, his furious swings forcing it back.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:13:50 PM by Wulfhere »
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
[ooc]unfortunately everybody missed[/ooc]

Kyrian charged the monster atop Herald, and managed to swipe the demodand with his blade, but to no avail apparently, as the Carmine Rose, briefly tasted black goo, but did not seem to injure the beast. Roaring now, the demodand turned to face the whirling knight....

Vorodn's axe, indeed a mighty swing that would fell most where they stood, did not strike the surprisingly agile demodand either. Two attacks, two misses Kadarin and Adan managed to notice, as they tensed to prepare for further attack.

Meanwhile, batting aside the attacks, the Demodand faced the circle of protection once more, as his chanting continued, a truly ugly sound that hurt the ears of everyone present.

dispel magic roll vs circle of prot. level 11th vs level 10th (Denhane) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 58, total 58

Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
[roll]Demodand initiative for next round. [blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]Only 1 roll required from the PCs for group initiative[/roll]
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2010, 01:45:43 PM »
[blockquote]Party initiative:  1d10 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
[ooc]Thank you. Order of events--Kyrian & Kadarin up first, then Farastu, then Vorodon and Adan. I will look up shortly, whether or not the dispel magic spell by Farastu worked on circle or not from last round.[/ooc]
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
[ooc] - DMG indicates spells cast by the protected against creature type do not work against the target. I can get you the page number tonight :)[/ooc]

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »
Kyrian almost missed Adan's call in the heat of battle; the demon's roars, thundering of hooves and weapons' song were heavy in the air. Still, the thought and the plan behind it came through to him, and to distract the fiend he sought, to facilitate a favorable flow of events.

"Verily that was a cantrip, utterly terrifying! Try one more on me!" he called as he slashed across the demon's arms as it raised them in a conjuring gesture. "What, no magic left?"

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote] [ooc]to hit the bastard[/ooc]

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
The sticky tar stopped the valiant Kyrian once more, but by the gods, not for lack of effort. Kyrian was a panther possessed, taunting the demon as he danced, but came just short again of eviscerating the beast with another strike.

Kadarin tensed once more. He had to do something, but his exertion was taking a toll, and he had so few spells left...

The demodand had had enough now. His own magic had failed him, unable he was(!)  to reach the now giant shield-man and his troublesome mage, through their arcane defenses.

Enough! He would show them what he could do. He would remind them why demons were to be feared. He would remind them of all their childhood nightmares, and their mothers' whispers of warning. He would remind them what it meant to brazenly assault one of his kind.

The demodand lunged at Kyrian. He imagined the joy of tearing the knight limb from limb as he launched.

[ooc](16:50:12) ChatBot: Murometz rolls 3d20 and gets 16,6,11.[/ooc]

The knight's agility was truly impressive. A single strike of a lumbering fore-arm smashed against Kyrian, but he somehow managed to avoid a full-on attack. The pain in his shoulder and side was excruciating.

[ooc]damage to Kyrian 4 (2-7 claw hit, rolled)[/ooc]

[ooc]stick roll: (to determine if Farastu is now attached/glued to Kyrian, 5%) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 68, total 68 [/ooc]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:15:44 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »
[ooc]no stick on Kyrian. Kadarin has retro-action still. Vorodon & Adan can attack.[/ooc]
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves