llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lost Wanderer  (Read 10549 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Avium

• Nomad
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« on: July 01, 2003, 09:00:32 PM »
A stranger to this town, a young woman of age 21 wandered about, unsure of where she was or whom might help. Watching as many people wandered about the town, her hand on the her hilt, the dagger bouncing against her thin femme form as she walked, eyeing everyone who passed. Pushing her hand through her fiery red tresses and sighing, she continued to aimlessly walk about, her emerald orbs dancing over her surroundings. Brushing the folds straight in her pure white gown idly, thinkinh about where he sister might be, she paused and gazed about. "I believe I am lost now.."

Shaking her head and rubbing her temple as she thought, her fingers bent whilst she popped them, then she turned and leaned on a tree by the side of the dirt road. Biting her lip and noticing that none of this area was the slightest bit familiar, she awaited someone kind of to notice her distress and stop by to possibly send her in the right direction.

((I am not sure if this like the usual place I RP at, so I am posting and hoping that I am at least leaning in the right direction on to how this site works...))
*~*Avium - Mistress of the Light*~*

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »
((OOC: When it's an Out of Character message, you write OOC like I just did. This is the right place to Roleplay, if that's what you mean. But first, go to the thread labelled "Greetings, Traveller" and start a New Thread to introduce yourself so we can help you out and wreak crazy discussion havoc on it.))
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 10:38:54 PM »
*Umbra fastened the small pack of rice balls into a small sack at his waste, adjusting the swords at his side and placing two coins to the merchant then turning around seeing a woman in a white gown and a dagger at her side, Umbra turned and then bowed to the merchant and slowly began walking twords the woman who seemed very lost his kimono swishing lazely as he walked his hair tied back into a pony tail, the two swords with dull green hilts and sheeths gleamed at his side finely polished and sharpened* this lady seems lostThought umbra to himself walking still closer the (clack clack) of his wooden sandels on the stone street*
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 10:54:16 PM »
S'tak stalked imperiously down the street, the hood of his gratda-leather cloak flung back on his shoulders. He was obviously an elf, a very tall elf, standing head and shoulders above the humans around him, with sun-darkened, Mediterranean skin, and silvery hair. His eyes, slanted and almond shaped, were purple-hued, and snaky tattoos covered his body, and a tendril of the ink even slashed it's way upon his face, intersecting his high cheekbone. He looked down the bridge of his nose upon these people. He was a Maormer, an elf of the tropical jungle islands of the south. And he had a mission. I must destroy that human. he thought, and smirked. This would be child's play.

((OOC: Hope you don't mind me joining your Roleplay. You need to go to Greetings Traveller! DO IT! DON'T ARGUE! JUST DO IT!))

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 11:05:53 PM »
((OOC: I join too, if that's okay.))

Jeyra ran down the street.  Someone not paying much attention would likely dismiss her as a child.  She wasn't though.  She was a full grown halfling.  A very mischievious halfling.  This was quickly proved by a merchant skidding out into the street after her bellowing at the top of his lungs.  Something about bees, it sounded like.  "Fellow can't take a joke!" she laughed.  She spun around and waved at him.  Then she turned back around and started to sing.  "Can't catch me!  Up and down, over and under, chase me if you want!  Can't catch me!  Round and round we go, I'll go this way, you go that!  Can't catch me!  Up and down, over and under, I'll play games all day and all night!  Can't catch me!  Round and round we go, Jeyra and you!"  There was more to the impromptu song, but just then, Jeyra ran headlong into someone.  "Ooof.  Sorry.  If I had meant to do that, I'd have done it funnier."  She looked up... and up.  She knew she was short, but this elf was extremely tall.

((OOC: Cap, don't kill me.))
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 11:21:23 PM »
S'tak stared coldly at the tiny creature. So like the Shawabhuthi of his homeland, but with so much less hair. Hmmm....

"Move yourself, little one. I have business to conduct." He said, adjusting the golden-and-bone clip that held a part of his long silver hair into a topknot over the flowing remainder. He swept down the street, hands fingering the hilt of his dagger. Oh, Quick-Claw, my dagger, you shall taste blood this day....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 10:11:41 AM »
Jeyra shook her head as she picked herself up.  This fellow was entirely too serious.  Why don't the big people know how to laugh at themselves? she wondered.  She pondered making him her next mission, but her eyes were extremely sharp and she wasn't as stupid as she sometimes made out to be.  There's only one thing you use a knife like that for.  She looked down the street in the direction the elf was heading.  The only one who looked out of place was a woman wearing a very white dress.  She didn't know if that was who the elf was after, but there was a good way to stop him.  She fingered the colored smoke balls in her pocket and wondered how long it would take her to make the square the center of attention.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Pacificat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 12:40:50 PM »
Hmmmm, elven blood. thought the dark human.  He is much more powerful than I ... I will have to play my cards right ... hopefully he doesn't have the same blood lust as I.

To his surprise behind the large elven treat that he saw was a small child playing with some type of incendary device.  The town was a much right now, people coming in this way and that.  The child was trailing behind the elf as if they had something to do.  

Romain would not let them slip out of his sight, he began following them with all the cunning and stealth that he had acquired and mastered throughout his travels of this brutal land...
Dark Lord Pacificat Varsian Romain

Offline Pacificat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 12:44:01 PM »
The town was a much = the town was a MUCK, sorry, I'm answering phones all day and can't type it out at the same time :)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 02:09:39 PM »
OOC: Hey, Cat, from now on, when you aren't speaking as your character, use the letters OOC (Out-Of-Character) before you post, like I have, here.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 03:14:20 PM »
*umbra aproached the lady in the white gown and bowed low his swords gently hiting each other* "you seem lost.....may i assist you?" The character before the lady was defenatly a samurai.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Pacificat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 04:15:38 PM »
ooc It was an edit, ya crazy flightless bird!!!  Not a OOC statement :)  Hehe, j/k, thanks for the help

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 11:18:27 PM »
Jeyra tossed a smoke bomb into the street.  Pink smoke billowed out around her.  She jumped onto a passing wagon.  "Hiya!  You people have just been treated to a street show by the infamous Jeyra!  Jeyra the Clown, Jeyra the Trickster!    This proves that not only children are allowed to have fun!"  She jumped down and bolted across the square.  She was starting to draw a crowd.  She pulled three more smoke bombs out of her pocket and proceded to juggle them.   She dodged around people, laughing.  "Hey!  I'm not gonna do this forever!  Have fun, you silly glitterbugs!  Oops, look out!"  She ran into the growing crowd, and committed a mischief upon a man who was frowning at her ponderously.  She jumped onto another wagon.  "Hey, smile, you ridiculously tall person!"  She jumped at the elf she had noticed before and kissed his cheek.  "Come on!"  She grabbed the hand of a boy who was about fourteen and twice as big as she was.  "Dance with me!"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2003, 11:30:54 PM »
OOC: Oh, Aviu-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-ummm! Wheeeeeeeeeere aaaaaaaaaare yoooooooooooooou?!

Avium, come home!

Offline Pacificat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 12:53:10 PM »
The mischief began, people were frantic, and smoke was billowing up out of the roads.  Some reached the dark man on top of his building, giving him an overwhelming sense of insecurity.  Even though the smoke could have masked this man, he still felt as though he was vulnerable.

Moving swiftly and with the upmost stealth, he made his way to where the small hafling was playing.  He leaned down, bending at both knee and waist to get to the ear of the mischevious hafling.  He had mistaken her earlier for a child, but truth be told this was a grown woman.

"Come with me, lets leave the mischief here and create some more ... profitable mischief."  With that, Romain moved with the smoke as much as possible to the alley ways that he considered safe...

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2003, 05:17:11 PM »
A woman in the Citadel's soldier garments walked around the corner to the street.
"What's going on here?!" She was a little mad, 'where was Haselta.' she thought. Haselta was this corner's gaurd and not doing his job it seemed.

"Has anyone seen Haselta!" she yelled, supprising a few people standing by.
"um, he was in the inn, last I saw." a young man in his early twenties said looking not at her face but the ground beside her boot.
'I hate it when they don't look at me,' she sighed in her head, "Thank you." she said and headed to the local inn.

"The duck said to the innkeeper," Haselta said obviously drunk.
"But ducks don't talk!" one of the men said.
"Well he does in this joke!"
"Haselta." Loretto said sharply.
"Retti!" Haselta shouted throwing himself into a hug. She stood there madly

"'smatter Retti?" Haselta asked.
"Were going to see the Master..." She dragged him out of the inn and ran into a woman in white who looked a little lost...
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 10:44:38 PM »
Jeyra twisted away from the fellow.  "I don't make mischief for profit; I do it because the big people take themselves far too seriously.  And anyway, I believe I saw one of the guard on the corner.  I can only push things so far.  But I believe I will take my leave of you now.  See ya!"  And with that, she ran back into the street.  She almost ran into the guard she had seen earlier.  She had another, obviously drunk guard in tow.  "Uh oh."  She knew Retti by sight, and also knew that the woman probably wasn't going to be very patient with her.  Not after the last time...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2003, 03:12:15 PM »
S'tak missed nothing. He stepped quickly towards the samurai and the woman, coming within a foot of the unsuspecting humans in the dense, pink smoke. Quick-Claw drawn, the elf crept forward towards the samurai's back, raising his dagger for the fateful blow....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2003, 01:02:24 AM »
Jeyra was about to slip away before Retti saw her and connected her with the chaos in the street when she saw the elf again.  He was coming up behind the samurai who had approached the woman in white, with his daggar poised to strike.  Not again.  Guess it's time to play serious.  Jeyra was fundamentally opposed to bloodshed.  She'd have to do something.  What do you think, Mikkis?
I think you're out of your mind, little one.  But that's nothing new.  If you're going to insist on involve yourself, you're going to have to hit hard and hit fast.  Keep in mind that sourpuss is four times your size.
Right.  Jeyra stood stock still for a moment, drawing upon all the power she had in her small body.  Of course, being Jeyra, things immediately got out of hand.
Suddenly, there was a small flash and a pop, and a blue monkey appeared out of nowhere.  The monkey scrambled down the street, up the elf's leg, and perched on his shoulder, chattering like mad.  He made a grab for the knife.
Interesting.  Did you mean to do that?
You know d**n well I didn't.  But whatever works, Mikkis.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2003, 01:28:35 AM »
S'tak shouted, jumped, swatted at the bizarre blue animal. "Get off, vermin!"he yelled, kicking the thing, which promptly dissapeared in a little flash with a popping noise.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2003, 01:39:23 AM »
Jeyra shrugged.  The monkey hadn't gotten the knife, but the elf had irrevocably drawn quite a bit of attention to himself.  "That works too," she said to herself.  Now, if she could just get out of here without getting into anymore trouble.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2003, 11:05:06 PM »
Umbra turned and drew his great o-katana and held it menacingly at his waist it reaching above his head. "a samurai draws his sword for purpose not for show...." he stood waiting for the strange persons response as if chalenging him.

Offline Pacificat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2003, 12:26:21 PM »
I missed it! the oversized human thought to himself.  He knew that he would have to get in the mix of things quick.  He sprinted out from his sacred alley ways and ran towards the elf with intended stealth.  Pulling a small dagger from the side of his belt, he held it low.  

As he approached the back of the elf he saw his opportunity.  The samurai had become aware of the Elven Assassin and had just drawn his sword for combat.  Romain placed the dagger in position to slice the back of the elf's right ankle (Achilles' tendon).

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 10:21:23 AM »
Retti knew Romain for the little tiffs he was usually in. She watched as he ran to... a samurai and S'tak? She saw a glint of metal poised to strike from both Romain and the samurai as well as S'tak. Quickly, she sprang to action running to stop the samurai from hurting S'tak and to stop Romain from well, killing anybody.

A small child, no it was Jerya, ran across the path Retti was taking.
"Jerya!" Retti called. Jerya stopped and slowly turned around. She thought she was in trouble.
"Can you help?! Do something!!"

OOC: Did I get the situation right? if not help me out a little to make it better.
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Lost Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 12:18:32 PM »
OOC: How do you know my character's name? He's only in this town to kill Umbra's character. He's never been before.