llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Triple Monitors, Netbeans, and Bamboo  (Read 929 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Triple Monitors, Netbeans, and Bamboo
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
Took my birthday gifts and got some happy stuff this year. I used to have two 19" monitors which was good. A year or so ago I got a 22" which is glorious, and still is. So my extra 19" went into the attic to sit...calling me like the telltale heart.

So a couple days ago I said what the hell and ordered another graphics card. Got it 1-day shipping through amazon's free "trial" of amazon-prime and it got here today.

After a small hiccup of about 30 minutes of crashes and reboots in windoze (linux was happy as anything through it all) it finally became stable.

Now I have the 19, the 22, and another 19 (in that order) spanning my little area of coding heaven. Usually Firefox, Used to be phpEd & is now Netbeans, then Opera on the other. I usually have 6-15 tabs open that I am rolling through so like having 2 browsers to do it in. Plus I get that extra webpage check to make sure it looks ok on the 2 main browsers.

Photoshop gets a regular workout as well so I splurged and got the Bamboo pen tablet for easier playing. Man, that is frick'n cool I can tell you!

THEN I found Netbeans while looking at phpEd updates and debating about ultraedit again. I must say, I like Netbeans A LOT and am using it as primary now. Would be nice if it wordwrapped but that is minor with the rest.

So I am now in coding nirvana and am loving all my new computer toys. Haven't upgraded like this since I bought the 22" over a year ago! Just wanted to share my complete satisfaction with my setup!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: Triple Monitors, Netbeans, and Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »
The Bamboo is sweet - I've had one for a year now and have loved it.  Also do the double 19" setup.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
Sweet setup!

Hey strolen, can I ask you a random question? Hey Strolen, I'm going to ask you a random question.

What version of X.org are you on? (and if >= 1.7.x, could I take a peek at your xorg.conf?) I'm having problems with the LeftOf/RightOf directives and so I'm stuck with 1.6.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
I am using ubuntu and it is setup through the nvidia twinview or something. (on laptop so can't remember) But it was pretty seamless with 2 and 3 monitors. nvidia-glx or something.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.