llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Err... G'day  (Read 1466 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Throx

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Blog
    • Awards
Err... G'day
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
I've been reading here for quite some time, but thought I should stop lurking and actually make a quick hello.  It's hard to remember how long I've been gaming - must be almost 25 years now since I was introduced to freeform role playing in middle school and progressed through the inevitable CRPGs (Ultima series, Bard's Tale) to playing and then GMing AD&D in high school.  College introduced me to the world of Rolemaster as first a player then briefly a GM but I never really followed down that path - the whole combat system was just a little too broken in my opinion, although I'm proud to say my character's final words were "There's only 12 of them"...

Since then I dabbled in some more aborted D&D games, got hooked on Everquest for five or six years and started playing some fun Shadowrun with Siren no Orakio as a GM.  After leaving the country to get away from those twisted plotlines (there's something cracked in Siren's imagination), I've been finally convinced to actually sign up here.  I'm not actually playing any pen and paper games at the moment and only Dragon Age on the PC, so some withdrawal setting in I'm sure.

I'm definitely a big fan of high fantasy, though have a good interest in cyberpunk and steampunk as well.  I like things that break the mold, leaving the unexpected as a challenge.

Does English count as my first language if I'm an Aussie?  I'll get back to you if I ever figure that one out.

Throx

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Err... G'day
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:16:45 AM »
Welcome to the citadel, Throx.

Dragon Age is awesome though it keeps me from sleeping at night. Great epic dark fantasy, just like I like it! Really the first computer rpg game since Planescape: Torment to truly capture me thus.

Do post an idea or two on the main site should the urge come over you.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:35:28 AM »
For this posting, you gain one karma and sixteen Kg of compound twelve. Do not disappoint.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
Maybe that should be a tag for this site, "The RP fix for gameless players and GMs" as that is why I created the site and a large reason many people start getting involved.

Glad you signed up and appreciate the excellent intro. As you wander, the authors would love a vote or comment. Just fire mercilessly at them, they want to hear what you think!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 03:20:36 AM »
What Strolen said! We can take it, though I have been known to sulk if people don't like what I post! :p

So the revised version will have to be: butter me up, but spill your liver to the the rest of them!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:39:47 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Throx

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »
For this posting, you gain one karma and sixteen Kg of compound twelve. Do not disappoint.
Ahh... those were the days.  There was nothing in Shadowrun that couldn't be effectively solved by a few kg of C12, or at least that's what my character believed.  I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but everything our little party touched ended up exploding somehow...