llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Kuramen] OOC Stuff  (Read 4946 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
[Kuramen] OOC Stuff
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
You all know the drill OOC details will be taken care of here, and discussions out-of-game go here as well.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: [Kuramen] OOC Stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »
Oh my, we seem to have Belkar Bitterleaf on board.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Honestly? Belkar looks like a saint next to your average Kuramen halfling.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
I still wonder what the heck our characters can have in common.

Another concern - how do we run this? Doesn't seem to be suited for classic adventuring-party play. How much narrative privileges do the players have? Are we supposed to be a team, or at least on friendly terms?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:48:07 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Throx

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »
Funny you should say "Belkar".  That was one of the first images that came to mind when I was reading about Kuramen halflings.

I'm sure we'll find something in common, even if it is just a base "will to live".

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 04:33:51 AM »
I still wonder what the heck our characters can have in common.

Another concern - how do we run this? Doesn't seem to be suited for classic adventuring-party play. How much narrative privileges do the players have? Are we supposed to be a team, or at least on friendly terms?

You have just spent a month and a half in each others' company, willingly or not. That alone breeds a certain familiarity above that which you will have with anyone in the city itself. You four are also the only ones in the caravan stopping in the city; everyone else, passenger or crew, is continuing on to the border of Virid, two months further along their trail. That gives you some small incentive to stick together - cities can be dangerous, particularly if you don't know them, and having extra sets of eyes can be wildly beneficial in potentially hazardous situations.

The city itself is rumored to have some rather odd customs, due to it being the birthplace of the fastest-growing cult in the known world; not being familiar with the city is likely to mark you as outsiders for sure, even in a relatively cosmopolitan district.

Some of you have reasonably compatible goals and/or motives.

That said, there is no reason a character can't split off from the others and go his own way. If need be, I'll take it upon myself to split off another thread to follow that character's course, until/unless they cross ways with the rest of the players again.

As for narrative privileges, treat it about like the Starkin game; you have relative freedom with your characters, and can write what you want to happen. GM posts will take everything and sift out the final results of any attempted actions or written effects.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
Sorry about taking so long to post, I don't have internet right now... Working on getting that fixed this weekend...
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

(13:23:49) (Chinchillas): See? You can write like an 4$$h013 when you're not writing like a pompous 4$$h013.