llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Adventurer  (Read 1041 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Nouri

• Nomad
  • Must find spell...er, code
    • Adventures of the USS Eagle, USS Eaglet, Pandora's Box and Others
    • Awards
New Adventurer
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »
Greetings:

I am a New(bie) Adventurer to this site but have RP'd for over a decade.

While I have run games other than Star Trek, my current three favorite games I run as GM are Star Trek in nature. While this doesn't sound much like fantasy or adventure, let me assure you that our stories from the Original Series era movies are often exactly that. 

After we finish our current storyline and my friend who plays or chief medical officer has a different work schedule (she wants to play an elf), we plan to run a campaign called, "The Keys to Eden". This will be an action adventure quest to find parts of a key in seven different biosphere based realms. The main characters do not know that they are Starfleet officers and either think they are the characters in the quest or are playing a game. The truth of course will be something more evil and sinister.

Since this is an original series based game we don't limit ourselves to fancy dancy tech or technobabble to save the day. Creative role play and adventure are our hallmarks. We try to recreate online as much as possible what I bet everyone here knows is the joy of a good campaign in someone's living room or basement. It's all about getting together with friends new and old and having fun.

This is why I looked for and found this site. It looked like it would be a great resource for making our campaigns and a fun challenge to write up some our our old and proposed campaigns here for others to read.

If anyone is interested later in joining us on our next quest, please email me. We could use a variety of guest characters and villains as we enter the seven realms to find the pieces of the key.

"The Adventures of the USS Eagle" is located here:
http://usseagle2185.tripod.com

"Pandora's Box", is an intelligence conspiracy RPG  that will take place in different worlds and different times as we try and track down a mysterious cult that has stolen a time travel device. Characters will need to be handy with a club, sword, bow, etc. depending on the planet and the time.
The starter for that game is located here:
http://usseagle2185.tripod.com/startrekpbem/startrekpbempandorasbox.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:42:26 PM by Nouri »
Sim (RP) long and prosper,
Nouri Kemat

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: New Adventurer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
Well, welcome aboard!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Awesome, hope you find what you are looking for and it will be great to see what you share with us!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
We are definitely lacking in the Star Trek-related submissions, so anything you can spare is welcome. ;)

Enjoy the stay!
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Nouri

• Nomad
  • Must find spell...er, code
    • Adventures of the USS Eagle, USS Eaglet, Pandora's Box and Others
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:07 PM »
Thank you, Strolen, Manfred and Valadaar.

I did not know I could use the Trek parts here. Thanks for letting me know that.

I'll look for a post I liked and a place here to put it while I work on other projects to post here.
Sim (RP) long and prosper,
Nouri Kemat