llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Poll

Do you think this page will make it and become THE Bestest RPG Link Farm of all time?

Oh, yeah, totally!
1 (16.7%)
Nah, I don't know. Maybe.
3 (50%)
No chance at all.
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: RPGCitadel: The Link Farm  (Read 3886 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
RPGCitadel: The Link Farm
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
If you have been around for a while, you know, that we are manic collectors of links. Useful links, amusing links, even those weirder links. We've got tons of them. And we always wanted to have them somewhere, where the best of them would shine and inspire greatness... not to speak of weirdness. We have even tried to grant noble awards! Alas, they are lost to the sands of time and mysteries of Mathom. To have a well-sorted collection of links on any RPG-related topic was a distant dream.

Now, Strolen has kindly set up the RPGCitadel for exactly this purpose. It is a Digg-clone and works like it. You can submit websites, categorize them and tag them, and you can vote, too. We can grant admin rights to active users if needed. We already attracted the first spammers, so it is a popular venue. :)

Note: For now, the page is strictly experimental.

It is not high priority and the design could handle improvements, but it is functional. Drop in a bunch of your favorites, fool around and see how it works out. If it doesn't attract interest, we can scrap it and try something else someday. If you like it and use it, it may turn into a success. Let's give it a try.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline manfred

• Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: RPGCitadel: The Link Farm
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »
Now, now. No need to rush anything. :)

Just wanted to point out that there's some 50 links inside now. The experiment continues.

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
Strolen worked some of his magic and put up a much better template. Not much in the page, but at least it looks good now!

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
Lookie, lookie, nothing happening here! Should have known it would end like this. :)

One of the projects I wanted to finish was to put 100 links into that directory, to give it some initial mass that might give it traction. And since it was easy - or it seemed so - I added a couple on occasion, though it dragged on and on. Now, however, there are 101 links in the fledgling RPG Citadel link farm, all working, at least at the time of their posting, which is fairly recent. Most should be even useful to some purpose.

There have been some outside posts, and it's popular enough to attract heaps of spam. What are your opinions now, people, is it worth pursing further?

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:47 AM »
I think it's a good idea! I found some really interesting links when I had a look.

Have you thought of flagging it up on other RPG sites?

I'll try to register/add some links if i get the time. ( I promise nothing though!  :up:)
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 06:37:31 AM »
See, that's the spirit! :)

I posted it on RPG.net, but it would probably need a serious campaign to make it quickly popular (otherwise, it's relaxed adding of material that might do the trick, but that will take time). For now, I'll just regularly remove the spam that crops up there. ;)

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
Okay, it's time to admit def--ehhh, a temporary regrouping. Can we conserve it in case somebody wants to pick it up (block new users registering without confirmation from existing users could do the trick)? I also tried to edit the About page, but it won't let me. :/

For now it's mostly a spam catcher, maybe one day a hero will arise, and use the page for what it was made. Seriously. It could happen.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
I used to clean it but haven't lately. I still have my personal dream of making my own from scratch....

Will see about doing some blockage on it.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.