Well, I dunno, but if your computer acts up as often as you say you should check the following:
- Be careful about which programs you install. Perhaps one of your favourite programs really is a virus, a back door, or some such?
- Keep your anti-virus up to date.
- Password protect all user accounts. Unprotected accounts will be hacked before you can say: "mommy, help me!"
- Hacker sites are unsafe to surf on.
- Porn sites are loaded with viruses, trojans and root kits. If you love to surf on such sites, well, sooner or later your computer will go down.