llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bleak Wood table top session may 23rd.  (Read 1033 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Bleak Wood table top session may 23rd.
« on: May 02, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
Yep, I couldn't stay away from GMing. I got myself another group.

Initial brainstorm to kick start the creativity matrix within myself. Determining initial vectors, warming up hyperdrive...

1. Write a one page introduction to the scenario (the actual session will be max 6 hour game time). The introduction will be based on earlier gaming session by my previous table top group, of which only one player remain. The introduction must be accessible and understandable by the new players.

2. The group will be exposed to an enclave of post-war survivors with some high tech equipment intact. This group will be descendants of the Icarus Corporation employees based on the Pegasus Production Facility. The Icarus Corporation was a pre-war major supplier of space ship/station supplies to both the private market as well as the military.

3. A short week prior to the PC group's approach the Pegasus Production Facility (henceforth called the PPF) the PPF was raided by technologically advanced "spacers" (Post War descendants of those stationed on the remaining orbital stations, the moon as well as Mars). In this raid their warehouses were plundered and their close to finished space shuttle was stolen. Some of their women and young ones were abducted (work and pleasure slaves for the Spacers colonies in antarctica (where radiation leves are close to null). Of course this information is not known to the inhabitants of the PPF.

4. Possible outcomes of the scenario:
A) The PCs engage the wary and desperate survivors in combat. The survivors have some technologically superior weaponry remaining, but they are disorganized, demoralized and some are badly hurt.
B) The PCs befriend the survivors and try to help them out. As it turns out the stolen had remote control possibilities with automated return to base as one option. Also the shuttle flight patterns have been recorded in the ship's database. On board the shuttle there will be a couple of frustrated (and panicking) mechanics trying to override the ship computer, as well as a storage locker with some pretty nifty weaponry. Obviously the survivors would reward the PCs handsomely for the retrieval of their kin and equipment (in that order).
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Bleak Wood table top session may 23rd.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »
Scratch that.

New scenario: Same location, no survivors, different incident.

Key words (I am gonna make a sub outta this):
AI, terrorist, cyborg, virus, infected cybernetic implants and weapons, cargo bay, muties, desert raiders, flame thrower berserker, slaughtered and reanimated cybernetic undead (cyberzombies) busy dismantling the research facility and loading essentials onto their dune cruiser.

4 factions:
- PCs
- Sick AI
- Desert Raiders arriving on the heels of the PCs (no doubt tracking them)
- Cybernetic Zombies (created by agents unknown) loading dune cruiser.

Stir it up:
- The virus-psychotic (and highly tech-contagious) AI makes things tough for the PCs with his sudden outbursts and obvious dementia (the virus overwrites random HD locations all the time, but not the AI itself (which rests securely in ROM). As a result the AI at all times forget certain things, and has to decide based on fragmented and disconnected data).

- Weaponry and implants found mounted in "charge pens" throughout the facility have been infected. Not nice to carry weaponry that suddenly fires a burst when you do not want it to. Nor is it any nice with cerebral implants that malfunction (not to mention that robotic cargo hauler suit that walks around unmanned, but cleary dangerous, in a sealed cargo bay).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:24:28 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Bleak Wood table top session may 23rd.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:15:12 AM »
Weave this in as an introduction:
- slartbartifasts "that other white meat" sub
- http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/05/pentagon-preps-soldier-telepathy-push/
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!