llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shoutcast  (Read 605 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Shoutcast
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:44 PM »
I have never really thought about online radio stations and such. I have a rather extensive mp3 collection of most anything I would ever feel like listening to but find it a hastle, in many cases, to drudge through it all to find something that catches my mood.

In my search to find something to help me organize my music (other suggestions welcome as I am new to this kind of stuff...used to just clicking on a folder and sending it to winamp) I found Exhaile and threw in a couple plugins. Shoutcast was one of those plugins. Took some extra loading of other stuff to get it working but now that it does....HOLY CRAP!

Probably not a huge selection to some of you but it is new to me. I love any and all alternative so to find a huge list of Punk stations, it was awesome. Learned of Drum and Bass and Downtemp and anything else in between.

Just been having fun browsing what is out there. I have LastFM on there too but haven't dug into that.

Anybody have any favorites?

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Shoutcast
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
I use winamp for whenever I am in the mood for some online radios, for it has a pretty extensive list of radio stations.

Whenever I find some songs I wanna listen to again and again I use the Swedish wonder program called Spotify, a commercial based client that lets you listen to almost any song at any time.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Shoutcast
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
Ya know...I completely forgot about that in Winamp. I watch some conspiracy feeds and such through it. Funny. Get so used to using something one way that you forget to look deeper. Thanks for reminding me, will be super handy in windows!

How about that pandora site? Haven't tried it yet but my wife likes it.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.