llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Good evening!  (Read 1310 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline RGTraynor

• Midnight wanderer
  • Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
  • Awards Master Questor
    • Celduin campaign (private Yahoo group)
    • Awards
Good evening!
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
I'm Bob; pleased to meet you. 

MoonHunter was kind enough to invite me off of RPG.net, but I'd stumbled across this site several months ago looking for more city shops - when you've already filled a 1200 shop city and several 100-shop cities, you just plain run out of inspiration - and appreciated the quality and ideas into which I ran.

I've been GMing for 31 years, mostly using GURPS, for which I was an original playtester and haven't looked back since.  I've had a modest gamewriting career, for Steve Jackson Games, Iron Crown, Gamelords, Mayfair and a few others - it paid for a new car and hockey season tickets, at the least.

I'm likely to post a honking amount of stuff.  Even discounting system specific items, my Renaissance fantasy gameworld's been around for a long, long time, and I've thousands of shops, NPCs and institutions.  To a lesser extent, I've also a bunch of stuff available for French Revolution-era games (having written GURPS Scarlet Pimpernel and run campaigns based in the milieu) and will get around to putting some of it up.

In terms of discussions and comments, I'm a ferocious realism bug.  My undergrad minor was in medieval economics (seriously), and I'm extremely persnickety about what's feasible and what isn't; one of my pet peeves is the presumption that the words "magic" or "fantasy" automatically preclude versimilitude.  Beyond that, I'm a nautical historian, a demographics wonk and practice as a paralegal in real life.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:19:17 AM by RGTraynor »
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't *agree* with what you're saying.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Good evening!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
Ya hey der Bob.

I bet you didn't even notice that I flipped your name around and spelled it backwards!

Saw that you jumped right into submissions and linking and doing all the fun things we know and love. Not allowing your own freetext is a new restriction, but once you hit level 5 you can start organizing your subs that way too.  Chance are an admin will put in a freetext of your choice before that though if you continue to add your gameworld.

Looking forward to your submissions! Looks like we should prepare for an infusion of stuff into the Citadel and that is exciting! You comments and votes will be a new perspective as well that I am sure many will appreciate.

Hockey? I am forever a Blackhawks fan with a mix of Red Wings due to my wife's family but haven't followed very well for a long time. We had season tickets to San Fran Spiders back in the day because I just like any hockey anywhere.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline RGTraynor

• Midnight wanderer
  • Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
  • Awards Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:15:05 AM »
Yeah, go minor leagues: GURPS Scarlet Pimpernel blatantly paid for two years worth of AHL Springfield Indians season tickets, and I actually put the intention to do so in the book.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:42:24 PM by RGTraynor »
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't *agree* with what you're saying.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
Welcome aboard skipper Bob!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »
Yo!

Welcome aboard!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
Welcome aboard and please, don't let my lack of tact drive you to other pastures.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline RGTraynor

• Midnight wanderer
  • Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
  • Awards Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
Heh, well, MoonHunter can tell you I can get caustic, so I wouldn't worry.