llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New guy...  (Read 947 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline freebooter

• The strange guy watching you from the corner of the tavern...
  • Nomad
    • Awards
New guy...
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:59:38 PM »
Hey all,

I just recently stumbled upon this place thanks to the '5 Room Dungeons' article that a mate of mine linked me to.
I was first brought into gaming through Warhammer 40k but that was quickly left by the wayside upon discovering D&D, Full Thrust and Warmachine/Hordes. My gaming group are currently having fun with the Pathfinder ruleset after decided 4th Ed. wasn't for us.
I look forward to contributing to this place :)

Cheers,
Freebooter
A learning experience is one of those things that says; 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
- Douglas Adams

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: New guy...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
Awesome!!!

Then you are one of the few to see only the newest rendition of the site. Please let me know if something confuses your or doesn't seem to work as you would expect it to. We are doing our darndest to make it more user friendly to the uninitiated and I am not sure how well we have succeeded at that.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline freebooter

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:54:22 PM »
Thanks heaps for the welcome...

So far I've had no real issues with the site. It took me a little while to find the forum but now that I know it's under the Quick menu that won't be an issue for me.
I'll dig through my ideas now and try and find something worthy of putting in. Steampunk and high fantasy are what I've had the most experience in but I'm trying to expand it to modern and futuristic settings too. I'm also currently serving in the Australian Defence Force so I'm hoping to throw together some basic tactics ideas for modern and near future roleplay. Hopefully it won't be too out of place :)
A learning experience is one of those things that says; 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
- Douglas Adams

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »
Hey, Freebooter, welcome to the Citadel. Are you finding the Pathfinder rules to be adequate to your needs? I've been looking into them, but haven't heard a real review yet. I've only seen the Pathfinder campaign setting book for sale, for around $50 (which both frightened and intrigued me), it looked good but I'm not sure if it is worth the price. Anyway, welcome, and enjoy.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline freebooter

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
So far I've really been enjoying the Pathfinder Beta rules. They are based on the 3.5 OGL and as such are really similar. The biggest difference play wise is that the skills have been completely rebuilt and are alot less complex than they were in 3.5, cross classing is so much easier to cope with. The classes have had a heap of work done to them and are so much more interesting than in 3.5 also.
The Beta rules are a free download which can be found here:http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG The full rules are due out by August in hardcover. I can't wait :)
The campaign setting is a bit pricey, but it is a great buy and a really good read. If you are planning on using any of the modules released by Paizo or playing in their Societies campaign it is d**n near a must. If you are planning on using the rules for your own setting however it really isn't worth picking up unless you want to skim it for ideas.
- Douglas Adams