llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 3.0 Conversion Starting  (Read 999 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
3.0 Conversion Starting
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »
Is 3.0 completely finished?

-Of course not, since when do I do anything right the first time? Regions still need some work, the Task Pages require some love (will request your help once we do the move), favorites need a default category, and collaborative submissions do not show up in each author's profile yet. BUT, all in all, the main features that are similar/improved from 2.0 are all up and running nicely. Had some great people do some pretty serious bug sniffing and found most of the obvious ones so we should be in good hands. Best of all, if it doesn't work perfect, then it is a simple matter to remove the single file that redirects all of 3.0 and revert to 2.0 with no loss of anything. So, really, there is little risk involved and lots to gain.

Finally, this 4 day weekend is the best time, and maybe only time, I will have the time and freedom to spend a lot of time on the site to make sure all the small things that are required to make it work happen. If I don't do it now it will be months before I get another chance. All the extra features that come with 3.0 can be worked on easily in spurts of time, but the conversion requires some dedicated hours/days to make sure it works. So, basically, it is now or not for a long, long time....and it is ready enough!

So that is where we are in a nutshell.

The Bug Quest continues in the appropriate threads so join the bug hunt and gain some XP and eventually some Achievement recognition in 3.0!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: 3.0 Conversion Starting
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:07:43 AM »
Conversion pretty much complete. Surface scan didn't notice any huge bugs/defects that will cause me to lose sleep.

Me is tired. Going to bed. :)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.