llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Crossover Game Thing  (Read 1287 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dragonlordmax

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Crossover Game Thing
« on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
A project I've been working on recently is a card-driven game based on the idea of a huge crossover (think like a Chrononauts sort of thing). The basic mechanics are roughly beaten out - each turn a player will take an action, which will involve either playing an Action card, default movement, or some special ability. There will also be Plot Twist cards which function like interrupts and can be played on other players' turns. Action cards will do stuff like introduce new characters, initiate combats, resolve combats, create relationships, and so on.

The table itself will consist of Settings connected by links which can be moved across, and characters, who do stuff. Victory points are scored by playing certain cards and by completing Plot Arcs. The game ends when a pre-defined number of Plot Arcs are completed. Additional points will be scored for relationships and special abilities (Love might get you more points, while Sexual Tension costs you some).

Each player controls certain characters, but characters are divided into two total teams - Heroes and Villains, and this will generally affect how they interact (i.e. two Heroic characters are unlikely to enter combat with each other, unless one of them turns out to be a traitor or something).

Anyway, what I'm hoping for is some ideas for characters and items and settings. In general, I'd like to have lots of each, such that a game could use, say, a random fifty characters and still leave lots unused. I have not yet done much thinking on items or settings. The current list of characters is as follows (comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated):

Samus Aran (Metroid),
Darth Vader, Boba Fett (Star Wars),
Sergeant Schultz (Hogan's Heroes),
Wolverine, Doctor Doom (Marvel Comics),
Batman (DC Comics),
Legolas, Eowyn, Saruman (LotR),
He-Man (He-Man),
Chip and Dale (Rescue Rangers),
The Doctor, Dalek (Doctor Who),
MacBeth (MacBeth),
Hamlet (Hamlet),
Solid Snake (Metal Gear),
Some Character from Dune (It's been a while since I read that - I've been leaning towards the Bene Gesserit - Jessica? - or possibly Paul Atreides),
Voldemort (Harry Potter),
Cthulhu (Lovecraft),
Zombies (a # of media),
Freddy Jones (Scooby-Doo),
Paksenarrion (The Deed of Paksenarrion),
James Bond, Ernst Blofeld, Some Evil Bond Female (James Bond),
Menardi (Golden Sun),
Dante Valentine (Dante Valentine Series),
Black Mage (8-Bit Theater),
Abaddon the Despoiler (Warhammer 40k),
Thor (Norse Mythology),
Belkar Bitterleaf (The Order of the Stick),
Sergeant Angua (Discworld),
Dick Dastardly (Wacky Races),
Pikachu (Pokemon),
Nightmare (Soul Calibur),
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty),
Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?),
Dracula (Dracula),
Master Chief (Halo),
Bill and Ted (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey),
Goku (Dragonball)

Some of them are in there because I like them, some because they're popular, some because I need characters who fit a type (Menardi and Maleficent, for example, are there to add more female villains), and some because I think I can do something amusing with them. I'm aware that there's a huge power differential in there. Anyway, I'm sure that there are more good and/or popular characters who deserve in, so I'm turning to the widely-experienced folks here. Who do you think should (or shouldn't) be on the list?
He who says little speaks two syllables.
-God of Thunder