llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help with naming 2 beasts  (Read 1562 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Help with naming 2 beasts
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »
Help with names

I’m heading to the airport to pick-up two Dogo Argentino monster champion-stock, original bloodline puppies today. For those not familiar with the beastly breed, please Google …
Need help with names. These are the types of dogs one can go crazy with, as far as naming…Thor, Attila, Herc, etc…

First we tried to let the 3 year old pick names, but Dora and Diego WILL NOT FLY with me!  :P

So, fellow strolenites, namers of monsters, creatures and beings not meant for man to pronounce…help me with some cool names.

Being considered:  Hulk, Tango (Argentine breed you see, and Tango dance originated there too), Sif (for the female, Norse goddess of swords), Ghost (they are snow-white you see, and have that aloof look)

Anyway, you get the picture. All suggestions will be considered. Thank you.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
Re: Help with naming 2 beasts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »
 Stick with Norse! Mjolnir, Yggdrasil, Niflheim, Aesir! Or you could have some fun: they're hounds after all, why not Tindalos? Cthulhu, Hastur, Yog-Sothoth (or Yoggy and Sothoth).
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »
Gringo and Ms Whitey

Wife says she has alot of dog show experience, cleavage helps with the dirty old men judges

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:28 PM »
Neve - Portuguese word for "snow"
Fantasma (or Fantasmo) - Portuguese for "ghost"
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
Drackler, lol, can you imagine?

Muro (in backyard): "Come Shib-Niggurath! To me, Yog-Sothoth!"
Neighbor (peeking thru blind): "Uhhh--honey, call the cops"

Then agian, Yoggy -n- Soth sounds kinda cool!  :up:

Dozus, Fantasma(o) going into final 10 list! Can't do Neve. Portuguese doesn't feel right (unless they were from Brazil)

Scras, lol, Gringo going into top 10 list! (wife loves it). Ms Whitey may pose problems in the big city  :P (especially if i have to call her to me, over a long distance in a particularly crummy neighborhood  :lol:)

Thanks guys! (more!!) They have arrived.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:37 PM »
Since they're both ghost-white, Mist and Frosty sound like appropriate names.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »
Awwww... Frosty and Snowy!

They are so cuuuute, and the kids are gonna love 'em!

Of course, you could take the less family friendly approach and call them Schnarkgruntle and Witherfrost. Before you call for them in the park, remember a black metal type piercing scream, followed by snarling their names out loud, foam dripping from your mouth! :D ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:22:49 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »
AG's suggestion is probably a practical one. It would be good to give them names that your kids can pronounce.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
 Yoggy is easy to pronounce.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »
True enough. But amending Yog-Sothoth to ''Yoggy'', kind of removes some of the power that the name holds, dosen't it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:11:55 AM by Maggot »
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »
Aggamenon, Azathoth, Boreo, Brujmiir, Cassanova, Cyrodil, Daggoth, Dancer, Earendil, Everfrost, Faromir, Falthoon, Gorgeous George, Gravytrain, Hope, Hammer, Isildur, Indigo, Jacen, Jhoric, Kirith-Joli, Klinger, Langerbriser, Lovecraft, Mastadon, Maggot, Nurglhur, Nazareth, Ophelia, Ourobouros, Penelope, Pontoon, Qwerty, Quasar, Remus, Regulus, Ssizark, Sultan, Tindalos, Tyrael, Uber, Uzumaki, Vehement, Vashoon, Woburn, Warriv, Xanathur, Xeus, Yggdrasil, Ylorea, Zagyg, or Zamascus. Just to name a few.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »
 Gygax and Arneson!

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »
A'j (the A' is pronounced like you're saying the first letter in the governator's name) and Rahib  (Ivory and Terror)
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station