llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Forgoten  (Read 8290 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2003, 07:28:31 PM »
"yes i have been ordered out" said Larue with a ear to ear smile. "my Daimyo sent my to investigate the wrongful death of Jiy Shinju" Larue then pulled out a small rolled up scroll that looked fairly old and weather beaten. Larue then read aloud By the order of The Daimyo Shinji Harmata, Larue Kage is here by given the power invested in those known as samurai. Further more Larue is permited to kill any of those who apose him or try to impead his Orders which are...........Larue after reading the scroll aloud put it back under his belt. "That is what i must do." Larue then checked the Yari Samurai for orders but found none. "Your welcome to help tho... I have but no money to pay you the bandits stoll it all one got away." said Larue with a sigh. "but it seems as if this Yari was a guard no orders." Larue then stood back up, and ujusted his Kimono.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 07:30:46 PM »
Lin took another look at the fellow who had fallen out of the tree.  Something about him bothered her, but she didn't quite know what it was.  "A fox.  Yes.  It must have been."  She glanced around.  "I am going to Ten-ka.  It's a small village near Kusahaori.  Many thanks for allowing a humble musician to accompany you."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2003, 07:40:57 PM »
Larue bowed again to the young Musican. "nice to meet you lin."
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2003, 07:53:32 PM »
((OOC: You guys do know that in Japanese names, the last name is first, right?))

Yabu bowed to the pair and said "Ah so desu! Good to meet you, Lin-san and Larue-sama! Jiy Shinju is it? I was...Not aware that he was dead."
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2003, 07:56:21 PM »
((OOC: no i didn't know that))

"yes he is sad tale infact I'll Be willing to tell it over a few glasses of saki." Said larue with a smile and started to slowly walk down the road he was traveling. "You can follow now or wait but....I'm not partial to being cold and hungry."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2003, 08:01:53 PM »
((OOC: And "Kage" means shadow))

"Indeed. Where has Daimyo Jiy died?So sorry, but it had better be near to Ten-Ka or Kusahaori, because that is the direction we are going in. That is, if you are still coming with us, neh? Right, Lin-san?" Yabu replied.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2003, 08:06:14 PM »
OOC: Yeah, I knew that.  

Lin nodded.  "The weather is appalling."  She didn't say anything.  She was too busy thinking.  She hadn't known Jiy Shinju was dead.  Or rather, hadn't realized he had been alive until then.  How could I have not known about him?  Apparently, someone had made some rather serious oversights and was now rectifying them.  She wondered if it was more than luck that she had run into these two.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2003, 08:22:09 PM »
"Oh sure the weathers nice now but wait till dark." said Larue in a voice that sounded as if he had gone through some hardship during nightfall. "so anyone know of a place to stay up ahead on the road?"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2003, 08:52:55 PM »
((OOC: Appalling means bad))

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2003, 10:26:57 AM »
Lin nodded.  "There's a hostel a little ways up the road.  I am acquainted with the owners; it provides excellent accomodations."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2003, 03:18:24 PM »
"ahh very good" said Larue with a large smile on his face.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2003, 11:25:02 PM »
"Shall we?" said Yabu, starting ahead. "Have any of you heard any news from the Imperial City? Or perhaps our great Jade Emperor, Go-Yukuta, has completely shut himself off?" he said jokingly, forgetting that he was deeply insulting the blessed Emperor.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2003, 10:58:40 PM »
"no" said Larue wondering why this ronin would afend the emperor so terribly and followed behind him nursing a brused rib.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 01:27:58 AM »
Lin led the two men through the rain to the hostel.  A small, very wrinkled woman opened the door.  "Lin-san!  I did not think you would be back this way for a few months!"  Fussing like she was Lin's grandmother, the woman shooed the three of them inside and out of the rain.  "Ah, have you found a pair of ronin to protect you?  I worry about you terribly..."  
Lin interrupted.  "Greetings, Utaka-san.  I did not expect to be back this way this soon.  Something has... come up.  I just met these honorable gentlemen in the road, and we were seeking shelter from the storm."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2003, 02:31:14 PM »
Yabu bowed low to the women, granting her station higher than his. "It is good to meet one so wise as you, madam. You honor me by excepting me in your home."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2003, 10:48:57 AM »
(OOC:  Clear!  *zzzaaappp*  This thread will live again!  Even if we heve to drop players...)

Utaka bustled off towards the stove.  "Lin-san is like family to us, and any friends of hers are likewise.  You all must be soaked and freezing.  I will make tea, and then once you are warmed up, I make dinner..."  As she messed about, an elderly man entered the room.  "And what have you been up to, little one?"
Lin smiled.  "Getting up to mischief as usual, Tae-so-san."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2003, 04:16:54 PM »
OOC: Oh, goody!

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2003, 12:04:04 PM »
(OOC: You still there, Cap'n?)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2003, 07:56:41 PM »
OOC: Aye-aye.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2003, 08:01:13 PM »
"I am pleased to make the acquaintance of one so wise, Grandfather Tae-so-san." Yabu bowed low again, this time to the elderly man. "Many pardons for asking, Tae-so-san, but are you not the Tae-so-san, the Gentle Lion of the Benorosuke Rebellion?"
Yabu had referred to a famous non-violent peasant uprising led by an outcast monk, who had been kicked out of the Immaculate Lamasery for questioning the Jade Emperor's authority.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2003, 08:28:05 PM »
Tae-so smiled at Yabu.  "That was a long time ago.  Not many people know or care about that any longer."  He sat down, sighing with his age.  "I have not heard anyone mention that in quite some time."

While Tae-so spoke, Lin slipped into the back room.  She looked at the tablets she had stacked on the makeshift shrine five... or was it six? years ago.  She was grateful to Utaka and Tae-so for taking her in, and she loved them like she had her parents, but she didn't want to listen to Tae-so tell the story of the rebellion again.  Non-violence was all well and good, but some things could only be settled with blood.  She picked up a small slat of wood and a piece of charcoal, and wrote Jiy Shinju on it.  She'd find out where he belonged later.  That wasn't the important part.  She was the only one left to remember him.