llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Forgoten  (Read 8398 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« on: June 22, 2003, 08:19:53 PM »
Our story begins with a young samurai knocked out and left for dead while four gready theifs laugh and slap there knees at the great fun they had. Down the road a ways a young girl playing a flute hears a twig snap, and suddenly stops.

(OOC):feel free to add on to the rp
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 08:27:04 PM »
Daidoji Yabu, a wandering ronin, looks down the road, shieldin his eyes against the light of the sun. Oh ko, more bandits! Hmmm...They seem to have some sort of victim.... Yabu drew his katana, Ghost Spider, and prepared for combat.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 08:31:47 PM »
The wounded and bleeding samurai who will be known as Larue, sturs ever so slightly so check and see if his weapons have been stolen away from him or if there still at his side. By the fate of gods they forgot to take Larue's swords he carfully lays a hand on his katana and waits for the right moment to strike.
Many people say that no power can bring the mountains low. Many people are fools.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 08:46:11 PM »
A twig snapped.  Lin stopped playing her flute abruptly and spun around.  An ugly man leered at her.  "Well, well.  Look what Dzhaino has found.  A pretty little nightingale.  The others will be very happy with me for a change."
Lin smiled insolently.  "I think not."
The man frowned.  "You must be mad, little one.  I'm larger and stronger than you."
The smile never left her face.  "Ah, but I'm quicker and smarter."  She jumped up and stretched.  Still smiling, Lin said, "You've never tried to kill an assassin, have you?"
After she dealt with him, she thought I'd best go see what his fellow vermin are up to.  She started back down the road.  Presently, she saw a group of men laughing in an ugly way.  She could see someone lying in the road.  Ah.  I believe I shall spoil their fun.  As she made for them, she could see another person approaching from the opposite direction.  A warrior.  This should be good.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 08:49:44 PM »
Larue, Suddenly stands up and in on swift motion slices a skimpy looking bandit in two. He then turns and stands facing the other three. "Theres plunty more....if you wish" at this comment the bandits burst into laughter.
And then a zing and then a thwack as a porly shot arrow hit a bamboo tree behind Larue, "dang...das' dah last time I miss."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 09:15:30 PM »
"What a sad shot you are" said Larue with a sneer on his face. He was not all brawn and Bravery but mostly coward at his young samurai status. His clothes showed that he was clearly not a great samurai hence the reason he was attacked. "so" Said the bandit with the bow, "how do yah like living"
and then fired another arrow but this tim the arrow was knocked aside and if it haddent would have gone into Larue's chest. "its ok i spose" then acting quickly but mostly foolheaded attacked the closest bandit. The bandit swung his spear down but it was to late. In all but a few minutes two bandit lay dead on the ground.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 09:44:11 PM »
Yabu listen surreptitiously to the heated exchange. Well! This samurai's manners are almost as bad as the bandits!
Yabu leapt from the bamboo grove, striking off the head of one of the bandits, Ghost Spider's blade flashing. "What bad manners you have, samurai! And so good that I came to help you! So sorry, but your skills with a sword do not seem sufficient, neh?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 10:12:09 PM »
Larue sighed deeply, "i suppose my skills show like a red apple in winter yes? so you want the last one or should i finish up?" said Larue eyeing the bandit with the bow who by now had developed a wet spot on his pants.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 10:16:01 PM »
"He is yours to take, samurai-sama. I am but a ronin, and you are a samurai." said Yabu, bowing low, and sheathing Ghost Spider.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 10:31:52 PM »
Larue bows back to yabu then studys him for a second. "you do not seem ronin..." says larue as he slowly turns to face the bandit the wet spot on the bandits pants visably larger. "on with business,oh yes and you have a nice punch." said Larue while slowly geting into a fighting stance. "ready?" Says Larue a sneer apearing on his face his right foot then pivots in the gravel making a crunching sound he then jumps over the bandit and swings his katana downward and lands behind the bandit. The bandit never had a chance and falls to the solid earth like a stone.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 10:38:47 AM »
Larue then slowly sheathed his now a bloody red katana. The sheathmaking a clicking sound as the tip of the hilt locks onto the sheath. "so...what happened to your daimyo?" and without waiting for an answer looks down the road a ways pondering who the figure down the road is.
hmm im not sure i can trust this ronin thinks Larue to himself he may try and pull a fast one on me...I'll be ready.
Halt! cryed a Yari samurai from up in a tree.
Don't run off help me down
how did he get up there?pondered Larue to himself "How did you get up there?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 01:08:41 PM »
Lin was impressed.  The two men were good fighters.  She had good ears, and had overheard much of the conversation.  A ronin and a samurai, is it?  Someone called out, and she glanced up.  Another samurai was sitting in a tree.  It didn't matter how he got up there.  She pondered the wisdom of helping him down, and finally decided to let the men handle it.  It could be a trick, and even if it wasn't, she didn't want to give away too much too soon.  She kept walking towards them, but was careful to have her hands empty.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 01:30:32 PM »
Larue was still pondering how to get the Yari Samurai out of the tree when he heard somrthing coming up the road. hmm what is that....is it on the road or in the trees.......hard to tell.......yes its the road i heard a rock hit another rock......the footsteps are light like a childs..............no a girls......not in a hurry must be a...a....a....Larue then turned around to face the aproaching figure

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 01:39:58 PM »
When she was sure that they knew she was coming, Lin smiled.  When she reached them, she bowed.  "Greetings.  I am Lin the musician.  Can you tell me the way to-" she broke off, and acted as if she had just seen the dead bandits scattered all over the place.  "What has happened here?"  She backed away a little.

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2003, 01:43:18 PM »
Larue bows deeply to the young musican. "nice to meet you lin I am Larue the last name is not important I am an inforcer or Samurai if you please" motions to the bandits. "oh them....they had to be delt with and this is..."looking at Yaru "well i don't know his name but he is ronin nor do i know the one in the tree up there." what am i so worried about just a girl a musican even.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2003, 02:01:09 PM »
Everybody here is veiling their true thoughts except for me. Am I missing something? thought Yabu, scratching his nose and bowing.
"I am Daidoji Yabu-noh-Buntaro, formerly a vassal of the departed daimyo, Goroda Shinji. Our meetings have been rather abrupt, neh? So sorry, but I am tired from the battle and from walking. I come from Utsura, and am bound for Kusahaori."

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2003, 02:06:40 PM »
"yes a pitty i knew your Daimyo well he was a great leader tho he never spoke of you..." is he true to his words or is he lieing hard to tell. "well thank you for the help with the bandits." Larue said and bowed to Yabu.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2003, 02:09:22 PM »
Lin was startled, but did a good job of hiding it.  Goroda Shinji.  Interesting.  She knew of the man, in fact had been on her way to pay him a call.  I'll have to ask this ronin some questions, I think.  But later.  She bowed again to the two men.  "Well, as it seems that the road is no longer safe, would either of you object to allowing me to travel with you?"

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 02:16:27 PM »
Larue smiled. "actualy I'd welcome your preasence and some good music." Said Larue he himself a big fan of music especialy when he had tiped back a little to much saki. Larue took out a berry from his pouch and poped it into his moulth. "onward?"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 02:16:58 PM »
"I would welcome it! Even ronin need fine music, neh? Now, let's see about getting the other samurai-sama out of that tree." said Yabu, turning to face the tree where the yari-carrying warrior sat. "How are you up there, samurai-sama? So sorry, but I have nothing to help you down!"

((OOC: A yari is a spear, for those of you who didn't know. Isn't it spelled sake?))

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 02:23:22 PM »
((OOC:not sure .....))

From up in the tree "I think erh...Im not sure how i got up her but i think if i......thud and then nothing.

----------------------------

Larue watched the Yari Samurai fall from the tree and then turned away as he hit. "looks like we won't need to get him down he found his own way."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2003, 02:30:07 PM »
Lin grimaced.  "Oh dear."  But it did no good to worry about it now.  She could see that he was hurt, possibly worse.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 02:59:35 PM »
Yabu shrugged. "Karma." he said dismissively, walking towards the man.

((OOC: Hey, Umbra. Dead or no?))

Offline Umbra03

• Knight
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 06:51:39 PM »
Larue walked slowly twords the fallen samurai then poked him tentitvly. "he seems dead....how the hell did he get up there?" Turns to Yabu. "not a freind of yours is he ive never seen him before in my life."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Forgoten
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2003, 07:06:50 PM »
Yabu laughed. "No, I don't know him. He must have been tricked by a fox kami! So, samurai-sama, what are you doing so far from your daimyo? Where is your sense of duty, eh? Or has he ordered you out? And you, flutist-san, where are you headed?"