llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Tarlith]- Player Request  (Read 3333 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
[Tarlith]- Player Request
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
 The land of Tarlith is almost completely hard-baked clay or shifting sands dotted with rocky mountains. There is almost no standing water except for underground lakes and pools, and plantlife is at a minimum. All this is caused by the seven bright suns in the sky. They are of all colors and sizes, but they each give off enough heat for a planet to survive. Added together, it is almost more than is bearable.

Seemingly impossibly life survives in this blasted wasteland of a world. Men, elves, dwarves, and other, less civilized, races inhabit the lands. Most have even built cities, though these are usually underground in a vain attempt to escape the suns' rays. The wastes of sand and rock are home to numerous forms of life, some more dangerous than others.

Herolty is a small town built in a pass through a range of mountains. It is a main stopping point for most merchants before they cross the Aligoni Desert to the West and after coming from the Froshal Wastes on the East. The city is for the most part carved into rocky outcroppings, but there are wuite a few tents and even a proper stone building or two. All races have residences in the city, even if only temporary, but the majority of them are humans. Herolty is an oligarchy, ruled by the wealthiest merchants.

This is the setting for a 3.5 Edition Dungeons & Dragons game for 4-8 players. The party will start at first level. Characters may use elements from any of the core rulebooks and from Sandstorm. If you would like to use rules from anything else or if you have any questions please PM me.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline The Spiritborn

• True Wraithlord of Twilight
  • Adept
  • Dead men tell no tales.
    • Awards
Re: [Tarlith]- Player Request
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
I'm in Drackler! Xanathur the Wanderer will join very soon. I can't wait :)
Those who walk the shadows, tread a very narrow path between darkness and light. This path will reveal all.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »
 Alrighty then. Please send your character to me soon.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline NorthShore

• Amateur Thinker
  • Journeyman
  • Fear the Kardboard Katana
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
Haha, couldn't wait for Alex to start his, huh? I'm in. (I'll post a character by the end of the week).

I don't own Sandstorm, though. I'm assuming it's all about desert warriors and survival, correct? Anything noteworthy I should know?
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Albert Einstein

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
 Welcome aboard, Northshore! If you could PM your character to me that would be great, although there's no problem with posting it here as well. Yes, you're  correct about Sandstorm, and there really isn't anything that you would need from it to be able to play.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
 What? No other interest?

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:23:19 PM »
I'm in.  :D

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:10:41 AM »
Ss'Kerswihpp Khanklun Gi'Ndfer the Bhuka Rogue is ready to go!
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.