llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: greetings and tech support  (Read 941 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline nightmareshadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
greetings and tech support
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »
Hello everyone how are you doing.
must use proper grammer

Well i am getting ready for my first post but i ended up with a couple of questions.

Such as what is freetext, how do you get the little blue boxes on the top of your post simple stuff like that.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
Re: greetings and tech support
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
 First off, welcome to the Citadel, nightmareshadow!

If by blue boxes you mean the summary then  I see you have it covered. As to freetext, it's fairly simple really. You type in whatever you want (e.g. the name of your world, the type of weapon, the kind of landscape, etc.) and then, once your sub is published anyone can search the freetexts for, let's say, Silly. Then they would see all of the subs with the Silly freetext, including yours if you added that freetext.

P.S. I don't know whether you care, but proper grammer has the first person singular pronoun 'I' capitalized.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: greetings and tech support
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 04:43:53 PM »
For freetext, I suggest to get inspired by their list. As always, the more meaningful a freetext is, and the more things it links to, the better.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.