llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I broke up with my girlfriend tonight...  (Read 2944 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
I broke up with my girlfriend tonight...
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »
I don't know when I'll ever find a new one.  :(

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: I broke up with my girlfriend tonight...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
Unless you are living in the quarantine zone, I'm sure you will.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:43:36 AM »
1. Turn off your computer
2. Go to the nearest pub
3. Drink a couple of beers
4. Start talking to the girls

;)

Good luck, Cheka!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:29:40 AM »
I'm sure it is only a matter of time before you find a new one. I may be wrong, but I think that the female population outnumbers the male one in most countries.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »
Excepting China, of course ;)

Don't move to China!!!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »
They might have to begin cloning people there in order to mantain healthy population growth, if current demographic trends persist.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »
Weeeell, ye insectoid horror of Canberra, almighty emperor sir, I beg to differ. Cloning the population of the largest populace in the world would kinda worsen the world population problem... Dontcha think? :p

Nah, I'd just stay out of China.

India, on the other hand, why they get all the Miss World's and Miss Universes, and there are more girls in that country than anywhere else on the globe (which might explain all the beauty queens)...

Yep, India is the answer to your prayers, Cheka. ;)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
Having just broken up with my own girlfriend a few weeks ago, my advice is to stay out of the dating scene for a bit. I've been told that for every month you spent in a dating relationship, you're allowed one week of recovery time. Personally, I don't need to have a girlfriend to be secure, but I'd give yourself some recovery time before you start looking again.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
Weeeell, ye insectoid horror of Canberra, almighty emperor sir, I beg to differ. Cloning the population of the largest populace in the world would kinda worsen the world population problem... Dontcha think? :p

Most ancient one of the Citadel, your hoary words of widsom words ring true indeed, but they are only accurate as far as a global perspective is concerned. From a purely domestic point of view, an economy that is as driven by manufacturing as China's is, cannot afford to be saddled with an increasingly greying population. In order to keep the factories running, the population of the youthful will have to increase steadily over the next few decades.

India, on the other hand, why they get all the Miss World's and Miss Universes, and there are more girls in that country than anywhere else on the globe (which might explain all the beauty queens)...

Really? I was under the impression that female infants are as unpopular over there as they are in China. Female infanticide seems to be rife, especially in the villages.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:07 AM »
Ah, as to the latter, well, your proximity to the region makes your perspective more nuanced, and probably accurate. However, the "one infant only" law of China has made female infanticide a "necessity" (from a local point of view). Is there such a law for India? Hmmm... Do they kill the girls because of the dowry / poverty?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
However, the "one infant only" law of China has made female infanticide a "necessity" (from a local point of view). Is there such a law for India? Hmmm... Do they kill the girls because of the dowry / poverty?

No, which is seen by many as a real tragedy. However, I digress.   Really, it's a combination of both the factors you mentioned. Plus, there's also the fact that girls generally won't be as useful on the farm as a boy. Moreover, girls are also seen as a wasted investment since they will evantually join another family, while boys will grow up to continue the family line and contribute to its finances.

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »
*headtilt* I thought that the dowry was to the girl's family, as recompense for losing another set of hands...
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Locations Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »
Nope. Just like, though to a greater level, in western culture the wive's family is supposed to pay for the wedding....

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®