llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A'daun - Player Request  (Read 5484 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
A'daun - Player Request
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:59 AM »
This is going to be a fantasy rp. The name of the world is A'duan and it is a standard fantasy setting. The known world is one large continent with many many islands off its coast on all sides. There is no united governing body, only large city-states and small towns. Basically, everyone looks after themselves and only the large cities offer 'law' and keep the peace inside their walls. All characters begin the rp in the large city of Tear. The city of Tear is located near the center of the continent and has mild climates without any extremes. They are there because of a flyer from the Chief of the City Guard reading:
Lord Gearon Darius

Basically just a fantasy rp for adventurers.
Post your character for approval. All characters should be low level and have abilities accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions. Please be creative and descriptive. Let's have a lot of fun with this. I'll be posting my character shortly.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Race:
Abilities:
Equipment:
Appearance:
History:
Anything else you would like to add.
-"Individual human beings are all tools, that the others use to help us all survive."
-"That's a lie."
-"No.  It's just a half truth.  You can worry about the other half after we win this war."
~Ender's Game

Offline NorthShore

• Amateur Thinker
  • Journeyman
  • Fear the Kardboard Katana
    • Awards
Re: A'daun - Player Request
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »

I'm in, Alex. I'll put together and post a character by the end of the week (I'm thinking 3rd level char?).

I'm using 3.5e. Is there any wiggle-room when it comes to skills, feats, etc., or should I stick to strict 3.5?

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Albert Einstein

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:03:47 PM »
Don't worry about getting anything exactly right. In fact you don't need to go by the rules at all. It's more just free form. Just be specific about his abilities, whatever ones you choose to give him. Otherwise I'm looking forward to your character. I'll post mine up after a little more interest is shown.
-"Individual human beings are all tools, that the others use to help us all survive."
-"That's a lie."
-"No.  It's just a half truth.  You can worry about the other half after we win this war."
~Ender's Game

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
 I believe I will cast my lot with this soon-to-be group of bold souls. That is, if you'll have me. Acting on the assumption that you will, here is my character sheet.

Name: Kyle the Foolhardy

Race: Human

Occupation/Class: Warrior and part-time Ogre Slayer

Abilities: Mildly stronger than average, and a bit butterfingered. Skilled at using his sword both on foot and mounted, however he and horses have many differences of opinion, so he rarely uses his blade in that way. He is adequately skilled at forestry and hunting, as well as being very good at getting his bearings correctly.

Equipment: A standard longsword (his father's), Chainmail armor, sack, Trail Rations, Rope (50ft)

Appearance/Personality: Kyle is a man of little interest to anyone who doesn't know him. His features are plain, almost forgettable, and his physique is painfully average in appearance. To his close friends, however, Kyle is a different person altogether, his jaw tightens and and hard lines form around his eyes. Kyle's normally jovial disposition turns to brooding contemplation, punctuated by brief bursts of philosophical discourse, poetic musings, tactical thoughts, or, less often, self-made witticisms.

History: Born to the village goatherd Kyle never had any doubt of what he would be when he grew up, a brave warrior. His family and fellow villagers scoffed at his dreams, of course when he was old enough he would be a goatherd like his father before him. But when he was fifteen and killed the three wolves that were trying to catch and eat the goats that his father had set him to watch, the villagers started to scoff less. When he was aged twenty years, an adult by the standards of his village, Kyle left to look for fortune and adventures in the world. As a parting gift his father gave him a sword of particular design. Kyle's father said it had been useful once or twice but would say no more.

The Foolhardy: Kyle gained his title a few years back when he came upon a village beset by ogres. He calmly announced to the town, during one of the lulls when the ogres were off eating their victims, that he would slay these foul beasts. The villagers laughed at him, calling him, amongst other things not so nice, Foolhardy. They were still laughing up to the point when he dragged the heads of the five ogres into town by their hair. The name stuck as a badge of honor mainly.

His Sword: The sword handed him by his father at their parting is most unusual indeed. The blade is gently curved and carvings along its length appear as droplets of water, ready to fall on your hand. The hilt is carved like the body of a dolphin (though Kyle doesn't know that, he's never seen a dolphin) and is set with a few semi-precious stones.

That eanough? If not, just tell me and I'll expand upon what I already have up.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 12:53:31 AM »
Welcome aboard Drackler! The character looks good. But could you pm me the abilities of the sword, if it has any? Just so I'm ready during the story if it has some surprises in it, thanks and welcome!

Name:Calysto

Race:Human

Occupation/Class:Sorcerer/Wanderer

Abilities: Sorcerers have the ability to call forth spells they know without preparation. He knows several spells but they are all on the low end of the spell-casting spectrum. Other than his spell-casting abilities, Calysto is a good shot with his crossbow and decent with his quarterstaff, though against a serious opponent he can usually only parry the incoming attacks.

Equipment: The Sorcerer carries a small hand crossbow. Such a small crossbow would normally do poor damage, however, Calysto occasionally has darts made with oil of impact in a hollow dart. Unfortunately, while the darts themselves are rather cheap, the oil of impact is very expensive. Right now, Calysto only has 12 explosive darts and can only rarely afford to buy more. Besides the crossbow and darts he carries in hidden slots on his belt he only carries a quarterstaff and basic supplies.

Appearance/Personality: Calysto appears calm and collected in his brown tunic, pants and cloak, but on the inside he is full of doubt, confusion, and anxiety, always second guessing himself and his actions. Due to his past he is very unsure of himself and his place in the world. Calysto's slim form and less than average height of 5'7" leads to most people writing him off as weak which, physically speaking, he is. The short, nappy brown hair and green eyes upon his head speak of innocence and youth. Calysto looks young and his pale unblemished skin only adds to that perception. While he looks young and foolish in front of others he is anything but that in combat. Unfortunately, he has seen far more combat than most men his age. He 'is' calm and collected in battle and quite the tactician as he has had to outmaneuver larger forces in his seemingly endless battle filled life. Though quite skilled and controlled in combat he has no such talent in the realm of social skills. He is both awkward and strange when dealing with others. Due to his constant travel he has never been able to be around any group of people for very long and has no friends to speak of.

History: Calysto can't remember much of his past. When he was approximately 17 when he awoke in a cave surround by dead bodies, mostly human but some of orcish ancestry. He wouldn't know his own name if it was etched on the quarterstaff laying next to him, though sometimes he doubts that it is even his name. He left the cave headed for the nearest town. No one there knew him but he was glad to be around people who were friendly and caring. After a few days in the town it was attacked one night. Orcs overran and overpowered the town. Calysto fought bravely but when he realized it was for naught he swiftly fled and has been traveling since, afraid to stay in one place for too long. Wherever he stays for very long is soon attacked. The farther he has gone from that cave the less frequently the attacks have occurred. But they still happen. So Calysto travels, only stopping for enough time to gather some coin and take care of his own needs. He has been traveling north since that fateful day and has never turned back. He soon picked up on his magical abilities and they have been growing steadily since then. Now Calysto is nearing the end of his coin purse and is looking for more, finding the flyer seemed like good luck to him, so he decided to go on this little adventure for the coin that would allow him to travel without much interruption for a long time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:44:04 AM by Alexander »
-"That's a lie."
~Ender's Game

Offline NorthShore

• Amateur Thinker
  • Journeyman
  • Fear the Kardboard Katana
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:30:38 AM »
Name: Kilik

Race: Human

Occupation/Class: Bodyguard / Monk

Abilities: Unarmored, a monk's primary defenses are agility, speed, and cunning. Trained in the academy of the Order of the Diamond, he was constantly tested, hardening his body to resist pain and fatigue. The academy's purpose is to train bodyguards, coaching students to quicky subdue attackers, and honing their skills to almost supernatural awareness. Kilik has completed his basic training, and served alongside his appointed instructor, Master Jaden, for five years.

Equipment: Iylden's Touch, short sword (slightly curved), dagger, forearm bracers, shin bracers, silver ring with the Diamond Order emblem, five days trail rations, waterskin, three candles, flint / steel, sack, a few local coin

Appearance / Personality: Loose-fitting, brown tunic and pants, dark orange robe with black sash. Medium length dark brown hair, very pale green eyes. 5'9" 170 lbs. Unassuming, Kilik keeps to himself, his suspicious nature and  slight paranoia usually preventing him from forming prolonged friendships.

History: Kilik's first memory was of his master, picking him from a lineup of other five year old children to have the privilege of being trained. For the next eleven years, the masters of the Diamond Order Academy molded him into a warrior, driving the adolescent to perfect mind and body. At age sixteen, his basic training completed, Kilik is allowed to accompany his master on actual missions. They are hired as bodyguards for nobles, traders, and caravans. On one such mission, a baron and his daughter were traveling home from their lord's keep, with Jaden and Kilik as the baron's personal guard. A rival baron, jealous of his lord's choice of favor, set up an ambush, hiring over a score of the region's deadliest mercenaries and one particularly cruel wizard. While the monks were able to keep those mercenaries attacking the baron at bay, the soldiers protecting the baron's daughter were quickly overwhelmed. Kilik, having taken a fancy for her and despite his master's pointed and fierce instructions, abandoned the baron to rescue the daughter. In doing so, Jaden was forced send the baron along the road while the veteran monk held back the attackers. Wounded and without backup, the wizard defeated Jaden and kidnapped the baron. The raiders slaughtered the girl, and luck alone saved Kilik that day. He immediately fled the scene, pausing only to collect his master's belongings: Iylden's Touch and a silver ring indicating the rank of master within the Order. Disgraced, Kilik fled the land, vowing to perfect his skills and regain his honor.

Iylden's Touch: Essentially a third of a quarterstaff, this was the favored weapon of Master Jaden. The wooden stick, hardened by fire and enchanted with magic, not only resists cuts and flames, but also robs the strength of wielder's foe with each blow. At just over two feet long and no more than one inch in diameter, the wood holds no distinguishing marks other a small inscription indicating the weapon's maker, Iylden.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:20:29 PM by NorthShore »
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Albert Einstein

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
Looks good. Welcome aboard. If there is no other interest in a few days I'll start it up.
-"That's a lie."
~Ender's Game

Offline Lanfear57

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:21:45 AM »
still room for another? and how often would I need to be active for this one? I
ll see if I can't put together a char by sat if it works.
There's truth in your lies, Doubt in your faith. What you build you lay to waste.

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »
Yes there is room for more. Just post your character. I apologize for not getting the thread up yet, I had some serious family matters come up. It will be up sometime this week. Sorry for the delay. I look forward to seeing your character Lanfear.
-"That's a lie."
~Ender's Game

Offline Lanfear57

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 12:51:53 AM »
I cannot guarantee more then two or three days online once the spring semester starts in a week.  If I seem to be missing anything or you want extra details, PM me.

Character Sheet-
Name: Leina

Race: Human / Female

Occupation/Class:  acrobat / rogue / cute and knows how to use it

Abilities:
She is remarkably flexible and agile, and can contort and balance her body into nearly any position to entertain, or to evade those a little too eager to get friendly. Excellent at throwing darts and daggers, decent with a bow for hunting.

Likes to play with people, through flirting or simple wordplay. Enjoys most humor, even that aimed at her.  Can usually convince at least one person to buy her dinner, without actually promising anything in return.

Pretended to ignore what the grandparents tried to teach her, she learned a bit about divination but developed little skill.

Picking locks is a game. If she hears about a particularly difficult puzzle, she is drawn to find it and solve it. (can be a lock, a knot, a riddle, really any kind of puzzle). Things sometimes disappear from pockets as she wanders by. Doesn’t resort to sloppy means like bumping someone to pick their pocket. Will occasionally use assistance for a distraction, though. Likes playing with ropes and knots.

Knows some basic herbs to stop blood flow and ease pain, and how to keep a wound from bleeding. Can’t do much beyond basic first aid. Knows how to find and identify some herbs and edible plants.

Equipment: more daggers than you can find, also several darts. Carries a short, simple bow, unstrung, for when she runs out of provisions.

In her bag:  A pouch with twenty or so small, hard, brown berries. If asked, refuses to say what they are. Silk rope, mostly in 30-foot pieces bundled in what look like complicated knots, one longer one (that has obviously been used for climbing), coiled simply. Flint/steel. Water skin. Handful of coins from various places, mostly local.  Odd trinkets, mostly useless but shiny. Deck of tarot cards since her mother wouldn’t let her leave without them. Three days trail rations. grappling hook.

Appearance/Personality: 5’2”, tanned from spending a lot of time outdoors and having mildly dark skin to start, reddish-brown hair, usually braided to shoulder blades, bright green eyes. Slender with toned muscle.

Clothing consists of layers: one fairly skintight layer that most purses and several daggers gets tucked into. Medium, bright yellow tunic belted over strip-work pants of everything colorful. This has more pockets than you can count, and she can sometimes be seen adding additional strips of cloth on, reinforcing the structure of the piece or adding more pockets. Usually both. Lastly she has a red and grey cloak that can cover all of her, and closes the entire way down the front. Useful both for keeping warm and for blending in with more sober communities. Wears no gold, but has one ear pierced with a simple silver hoop, and has several bracelets on each arm of various metals. One is etched with a “V”.

Is quick to work with people, but slow to trust them. People often think she trusts them before she does. Likes playing pranks on people, so long as there’s very little chance of it getting out of hand and hurting someone.

History: Grew up with gypsies, but wanted more independence than she could get with them.  Was always getting into trouble by taking things apart, until someone decided to put her time to good use by fixing things she already knew inside out. Doesn’t have a lot of attachment to her family, particularly since she doesn’t know where they are anymore, but whenever she encounters another caravan she has complete respect for the elders, and usually leaves some note or token to be passed on if they run in to her old group.

Her caravan had some nasty run-ins with some goblins when she was too young to help, and they killed her sister. The flier seemed like a fine promise to both get some extra coin for when she eventually gets bored and settles down, and to get some revenge on the foul creatures.

ETC…  klepto/good. Likes people, likes helping people, can’t keep her hands off of stuff she likes. Doesn’t have a problem with hurting people who deserve it or are going to hurt her friends.

Do not call her short. Fast track to getting on her bad side.

Once you earn her trust, it is yours for life.

Has a particular disdain for religion.
There's truth in your lies, Doubt in your faith. What you build you lay to waste.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Questor Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »
Is there still space for one more? I'd like to join this game, if you'll have me.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Lanfear57

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »
hasn't started yet, so I'm assuming you are welcome. I haven't a clue when it will start.