llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Interesting Non-Game Stuff  (Read 116887 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Interesting Non-Game Stuff
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
deadly minerals!! (For all your, umm, deadly mineral needs!)

https://niume.com/pages/post/m/index.php?postID=31011
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »
Interesting read (detailed but brief) for any GM looking for "realistic" medieval mercantilism/economics info.

https://hbr.org/2016/03/everything-we-know-about-platforms-we-learned-from-medieval-france

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:21 PM »
Run for your lives! Well, ok you can just walk away slowly.

https://niume.com/pages/post/m/index.php?postID=43035
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: March 30, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »
Run for your lives! Well, ok you can just walk away slowly.

https://niume.com/pages/post/m/index.php?postID=43035
I remember seeing these things all the time when I was a kid in Florida. I didn't know they were weird until I moved out of state and never saw them again. Nice to have a name to put to them.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:52 AM »
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: April 06, 2016, 02:46:27 PM »
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: April 06, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »
"The Plain of Jars" sounds like a randomly generated name from a Dwarf Fortress region, but it's a real thing.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: April 06, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
Haha! (Curse Tablets Discovered in 2,400-Year-Old Grave)

So random, yet so specific! Curses targeted on barkeeps?? Made me lol at work when I read it. Poor, poor Demetrios and Phanagora. And apparently the curses themselves were beautifully and eloquently written. Love it!! Good times...good times.

"I will smite down a dog's ear on your tongue"...just permanently entered my GM lingo notebook.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:25:19 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®