llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Respite ]- Administrivia  (Read 5793 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
[Respite ]- Administrivia
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »
This list will be used to hold marching orders, etc for the party(s) as needed.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: [Respite ]- Administrivia
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
Mainly due to the fact that there are large gaps between when I check the site, and the fact that I'm quite sure I'll end up missing a post or two if combat got posted quick, I might as well post something.  :p

Standing orders for combat: 
1: Shoot the crossbow
2: Flank whatever Torobon's attacking
3: Protect mages/healers
4: Scream gibberish
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:08:41 AM »
Standing orders and stuff:
*March at the front
*Cover allies and obstruct foes, forcing them to fight me
*Whack and cleave whatever deserves whacking and cleaving

*Pick up and throw rock if foe is at range and rock is available
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:16:46 AM »
1. Protect Self
2. Cure spells on serious wounded
3. First aid on minor wounded
4. Defend with wand of magic missles

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »
In Battles:
1. Eldritch Blast from a distance, try to stay out of melee. Target enemies that are dealing heavy damage to allies.
2. If engaged in melee: Jab with spear untill given a chance to back away (then see step 1).

Marching Order:
Near Middle, closer to back.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »
In battle:
1. Attack pretty much whatever is nearest, or the largest enemy if safely possible.
2. Protect spellcasters.

In marching order: Either in the front or the back, whichever has fewer fighting types.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »
XP:

I will be using a loose system for XP.  Basically each level will require 13 'points' which will roughly account for 1 per major encounter, and also whenever a post strikes a cord with me.  You may also nominate other players posts for 'kudos' as well which I will take into account in awarding XP.

Single line posts, unless somehow spectacular, will not earn any consideration from an XP perspective. Please try to show as well as tell.  OCC text will also not be considered.

Leveling will be kept between myself and each of you - though you are free to communicate this with others.

Occasionally, I may choose to apply other story awards in lieu of XP.  Bonus ranks, feats and other goodies are possible.  This will serve to offset the somewhat light treasure and magic item loot this campaign by its nature has.

GM Service Level Agreement(TM)

Should I fail to post for a whole calandar week, each PC who posts during that week will be entitled to a free Kudos point.

Again, I will do my d**nest not to dole these out this way.

<B>Death
Please play smart - PCs definately can die, but it will not happen lightly with the exception of real stupidity.  Bravery and courage will be rewarded somewhat, but the line between bravery and foolhardiness is a fine one - and will be _my_ call..  :twisted:

Encounters

Not all things are meant to be fought. There are dangerous creatures and beings here - you are all 3rd level to start - but that represents the hell you - and virtually all others here - went through to escape.  At least at the start you are not remarkable.  Those in power right now are there for a reason.

Edit:

Dec 19: Comment added on single line posts not being considered toward awarding of XP

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:48:31 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
Disagreements with Posts and PBP Etiquette

These are to be addressed with me via PM.  I will do my best to rectify any issues that are brought forward, even if it requires that time be replayed. 

I will endevour that such actions will not leave PCs at a disadvantage.

In the interests of time, and the possible inconsistent nature of people's availability, some measure of autopilot will occur and there may be some actions made that move your character without direct consent. Wherever possible, obtain other PC's consent prior to impacting their character.

If this action is not out of line with your character and does not negatively impact them, roll with it and carry on, regardless of what your original intent was.  If there is an issue, DISCUSS IT WITH ME before taking action. I read this board very frequently, at least once per day.

Simply put, ignoring posts and proceeding as if they did not happen will not be tolerated.

Thank you for your attention on this matter.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:09:28 AM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
Holiday Impacts
Due to the upcoming holidays, my rate of posting may likely suffer, and I expect that PCs will as well.  Unless I am travelling - which will not be all that often, I will be on every evening but not likely to be on throughout the day.

Posting will return full force Jan 5th!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »
New house Rule:

Running in difficult Terrain

One can move faster then a normal move in rough terrain, but needs to succeed at a DC 10 Dexterity check +1 per 1/2 move increment.  Normal move is 1/2 normal rate through difficult terrain. To move at full normal rate would require an 11 DC, a full run is DC 18.

Failure indicated a serious fall inflicting 1d6+1/move increment, half is non lethal, half is lethal damage.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »
Combat (In case I don't post for a while)

Melee distance enemies:
1. Close to engage with my +1 Scimitar.
2. Attack enemy that is closest or the enemy that is dealing the most damage

Enemies 20ft away- spear throw, unless he can get closer and hit with his scimitar.
Enemies at range: Fire with his shortbow, and get closer if possible

Marching Order: He can be at the front with Gideon in order to provide melee support.

Special Note- He can hold his breath underwater for much longer than a normal person can so if we face enemies in the water or with water nearby he can dive underwater and move around to flank.
Nature is everywhere. It will overwhelm those foolisssh enough to seek to control it.
-Fafnir, only minutes before his world was destroyed.