llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Loneliest Class  (Read 1347 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dragonlordmax

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Loneliest Class
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:26 PM »
Role-playing games, and fantasy/scif-fi in general, exhibit creatures of a huge variety of types. There are reptiles, amphibians, insects - even crustaceans have representatives. But for some, inexplicable reason, there is, as far as I can tell, a distinct lack of marsupials.

Why is this? Marsupials are intriguing. Pouches, somewhat bizarre genitalia, and more - see Wikipedia: Marsupials.

So my challenge is this: Create some intriguing sort of creature which is distinctly a marsupial. It can fit into any genre or be of any level of intelligence. It just needs to be a marsupial.

(My apologies for any butchery of biological terms in this post).
He who says little speaks two syllables.
-God of Thunder

Offline Kuseru Satsujin

• Apprentice
  • Awards 2010 System of the Year
    • N&S GMs Netbook
    • Awards
Re: The Loneliest Class
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:53:19 AM »
Rare certainly, but distinctly lacking, no. Palladium Books' Mutants Down Under includes several marsupials for use as mutant animals. Marsupials also make an appearance (of sorts) in David Weber's book The Apocalypse Troll http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/09-AtAllCostsCD/AtAllCostsCD/The%20Apocalypse%20Troll/index.htm

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing many new marsupial-type creatures (along with several other animal types which seem to be frequently underutilized).

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Loneliest Class
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:21:22 AM »
An intrigueing challenge.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2