llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cry of Freedom (Chapter I)  (Read 14221 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Cry of Freedom (Chapter I)
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
"What are you going to do to me..." the woman asked, her voice was thin and weak.

The wounds still looked very wound-y, but better than the night before. There was bruising around where the darts had struck, but the skin had already scabbed over. She would live another day, but any sort of strenuous activity could reopen those puncture wounds.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »
(OOC: "Wound-y" has become my new favorite word.)

"Shh, shh," Cloudstrider soothed, trying to calm the woman.  He'd had an image of her in his mind as a stone-hearted Honuntton agent, unbreakable and defiant.  A fool chooses his bird by its feather, an old Kaduai proverb reminded him.  "It's alright, I'm a healer," he said softly.  "I just want to check your wounds."  With gentle and trained hands, Cloudstrider examined the punctures on her side.  They were healing normally, but she was in no shape to travel.  "You'll be just fine," he smiled, covering her back up with the sheet.  "My apologies on the bindings, by the way.  You and your friends made us a little nervous, what with the arrow shots and all."

Considering her slightly fragile state, the half-elf decided it would be a wasted opportunity to not gain some rapport with the woman.  "Not that it helps much, but I'm sure you'd do the same in our situation," he continued with an air of casualness.  "We're not so different, us warriors.  We both have our objectives, our loyalties.  I figure we ought to maintain a certain level of respect.  Our states may have their conflict, but that's no reason for us to spite one another, not in such circumstances.  Wouldn't you agree, Miss...?"

(OOC: Diplomacy check on Taitanath.  W00t for half-elven racial bonuses on diplomacy checks. :D )

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 01:05:32 AM »
"Taitanath, and no miss." she said with a bit of bravado. "Most of my companions call me Taita, and if I were to agree with you I would be a liar." she sighed.

"My companion Atard, the man in the courtyard, never took a prisoner alive. I imagine once the Dom awakens I will be questioned and then put to death. Perhaps I could have a sip of water?" She asked with a hint of resignation.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
"Sure," Cloudstrider said, taking his canteen from his pack near the bed and handing it to her.  "Perhaps I can reassure you, then, that we are not your companions.  Know that we're no stalkers - no offense, of course," he smiled softly.  "You know the Dom then?  Why're you after him anyway?"

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 07:01:56 AM »
"I do not know him personally, only that we have been persuing him for several days, from... from a high island and across most of the Honuntton Gap, and we finally ran him to ground here. There were four of us when we started, but he slew our youngest, a a trainee on the ground. The second he took with an arrow to meet the Hard Death. Your associate slew Atard, and the other very nearly me." She took a drink from the canteen.

"We are after him because we were ordered to. The Stalker doesnt ask why she stalks, only whom." She said with a sort of practiced answer. "I would venture a guess though," she said after a pause, "That he knows something that he shouldnt."