llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A character idea, but need to stop it being cliche. Any ideas?  (Read 1403 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
A character idea, but need to stop it being cliche. Any ideas?
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
A wood elf girl, captured by dark elves and seemingly destined for slavery and death, was saved because of her resemblece by chance to a dark elf girl who had recently died. The family adopted her on a *trial* basis. She learned all she could about the dark elven girl and willingly adopted her ways, and prospered more then she would have done as a wood elf. Now years later few traces of her former self remain, to the point where she would happily raid her own village.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:45:14 AM by manfred »

Offline Kuseru Satsujin

• Apprentice
  • Awards 2010 System of the Year
    • N&S GMs Netbook
    • Awards
Re: A carecter idea, but need to stop it being cliche. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »
The only thing that really comes to mind is perhaps also as cliche. Have the two girls willingly switch places, instead of having the dark elf girl having died.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
Interesting. *wonders  how a dark elven girl would do topside*

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »
The adoption of the wood elven girl could be part of some scheme by the dark elves to create an agent that could infiltrate the society of their foes. The dark elven girl, for her part, could be a spy trained to snoop on her adoptive culture.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Online EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »
I would not make the evil transition so complete.
She might appear completely changed on the outside; what rests in her heart few can say.
Give her family an important position which the girl is to inherit, and suddenly it becomes more interesting.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: A character idea, but need to stop it being cliche. Any ideas?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »
I wonder how well the dark elven firl woud fit in with the wodd elves, if the two had switched places, not as well as the wood elf with the dark elves, i'd imagine.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2