llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plagiarism  (Read 1847 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Plagiarism
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »
Just wanted to quickly clarify a few things floating around the Citadel lately.

Yes, there was a case of fairly obvious plagiarism that was posted over the past little bit. Many of you have noticed some submissions suddenly dissappearing, others may have noticed the comments to them prior to their departing.

Basically, there is a fantastic site at www.khoras.net which has an incredibly detailed world. It is in beautiful symmetry with us as it is completely rule free and hinges on verbal descriptions to get all its points across. Well, full pages and parts of that site were blatantly copied and pasted and passed off as another's work here. A valued fan of Khoras spotted these and commented in the posts and reported the person to David Roomes, the copyright author of all that work.

As many have seen, the offender had admitted this rather blatant transgression and removed all the copyrighted content.

Just wanted to minimally clarify some of the bigger questions rolling about. Nothing else is planned on being done at this time. It happened, it has somewhat taken care of itself, and there is no huge reason to prolong or extend any of the circumstances.

I have emailed back and forth to David and all is good between our sites. Hopefully this may bloom into a nice mutual relationship that can benefit us both over time. That is one hell of a site if you haven't gone there yet. Just in case, here it is again. www.khoras.net

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: Plagiarism
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
It makes me furious that people are doing this. Do they realize what kind of damage they are inflicting on the reputation of the site? For what? A few xp and brief and passing glory?

The insider theft (stealing from others subs without asking or giving credit) we've had in the past is bad enough in itself, but this is just outrageous.

I was once, as Muro put it, the hammer of the citadel and I officially hammer down on this transgression!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
Re: Plagiarism
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:15 PM »
It was Golanthius,wasn't it? Those were some pretty awesome subs and I always wondered how he could come up with so many of them is such a short period of time. I guess I know now.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©