llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: An idea i dont know where to put  (Read 750 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline nightmareshadow

• Apprentice
    • Awards
An idea i dont know where to put
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:51:58 AM »
The gift of charity

Tis a half formed idea starting with the name but i dont know how well i can develop it untill i know where i should put it.
Would it be an item, a system, or an article

so far what i have is that it would grant the pc with expaned abilitys so long as he was charitable and kind.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
Re: An idea i dont know where to put
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
 I would suggest article. An item is usually an actual item (i.e. a sword, a book, etc.), and an article is usually something dealing with the game at a meta-game level, talking about the mechanics of doing something. Since systems are the only thing left that you stated, and they are the most likely for what you suggested because new, in-game rules are usually systems, I would suggest putting it there.

I hope that helped.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: An idea i dont know where to put
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »
I would say it could be anything. That concept could be presented many different ways. For example a magical pouch (item), that replenishes its gp supply nightly (or increases it even), but only if the gp's are given away as charity and acts of kindness. Could lead to some fun plothooks. Thieves after the puoch and so forth, stealing it, only to discover that the pouch does nothing for greedy types, etc, etc, etc...and that is just one thought of the top of my head.

Nice idea, NCS
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:07:22 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin