llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Classic Game Desired  (Read 3036 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tamrhind

• Nomad
    • Awards
Classic Game Desired
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »
WANTED:    Ancients & Nostalgics

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away , some children played PnP AD&D under 1st Ed. They played thrilling games like "Against The Giants" and "Queen Of The Demonweb Pits".
Sadly, children grow up and go separate ways.
But memories remain.
I, one of those few, would love to revisit my lost (buried?) youth by replaying these classic scenarios. Does anyone still have copies?
If so, I've done a little DMing and am willing but have far more experience on the other side of the screen (although it may never show  :D).
Any other oldies out there keen?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:12:59 PM by Murometz »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Classis Game Desired
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
I am intrigued. And I have the modules in question.

How about White Plume Mountain!?

Or maybe a slightly jacked-up version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks? Perhaps the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan? Assault on the Aerie of the Salve Lords? Maybe one of my personal faves, Ravager of Time?

:D

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:42:27 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Tamrhind

• Nomad
    • Awards
Re: Classic Game Desired
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:07:36 AM »
The only one mentioned that I remember participating in White Plume Mountain (that IS the one featuring Whelm & Wave, is it not?), although I've heard of Barrier Peaks, of course. Even White Plume would seem freash as it's been SO long since I played it.

OK, next question to nut out is how do we go about this? I'm presuming that if you can organise MMO chess & strategy games by 'post' (and I know you can), this would, I expect, operate on the same heuristics.

My getting hold of copies of texts texts like PM shouldn't pose too many problems and, if you wanted me to try & DM, that'd apply to DMG and UA as well.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Classis Game Desired
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
Wave, Whelm, and dont forget STORMRAZOR!!!! Not to be confused with Stormbringer :)

We can play by taking turns posting, yes. Simple and intuitive, though not nearly as fun as table-topping, though you already knew that. I'd prefer DM'ing to playing, as it would be difficult to feign ignorance, while knowing every nook and cranny of every module mentioned.

+1 xp bonus for saying "heuristics" ;)

next step? characters?
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves