llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1730 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Avisarr

• Nomad
    • The World of Khoras
    • Awards
Hello
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:28:30 AM »
Hello all. My name is David Roomes. I’m new here.

I discovered Strolen’s Citadel because of that recent unpleasant incident of plagiarism that occurred. I’m the guy who wrote the World of Khoras (www.khoras.net). Several pages from Khoras were posted here by someone else but then later removed.

Anyway, that’s all been set right. Strolen invited me to join up and share some stuff. So I thought I would bring some of those Khoras bits back into the Strolen Citadel. I will read all the rules and try to make sure I post subs in the right place. Someone named Kassy asked in chat why the “Coalition” sub was removed, so maybe I’ll start by reposting the Coalition page.

I’ve been gaming off and on since about 1980. I’ve tried many different games, but always came back to good old D&D. I was almost always the DM and ended up compiling years of game notes into a single world and that ended up being Khoras. I haven’t been able to find the time to game much over the last couple of years, but Khoras continues to grow a little every month. I think I’d like to post some of my favorite bits and pieces from my world and maybe some unfinished ideas.  I’m always interested in feedback and getting a fresh perspective on old material.

When I do find the time to game, I’m always looking for good material to incorporate into an adventure to unleash on my players and this site looks like a fabulous treasure trove of great ideas. Can’t wait to dig in and start reading!

I hope to be a frequent contributor and post at least one or two pieces of Khoras each week. Maybe something old, maybe something new.

That’s about it. I’ll start posting some submissions as soon as I can.

David Roomes
World of Khoras
www.khoras.net

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:34:39 AM »
Ah hoy matey.

Good to have you onboard.

Something good has actually spawned from plagarism, amazing. I did read parts of Khoras after the whole incident was revealed and... Wow. Incredibly detailed and a definite must read. I hope you find the citadel a good place to hang around. Watch out for exploding doughnuts and imploding penguins.

Mike
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »
Welcome aboard Avisarr!

Your world is quite extensive indeed - I look forward to its details again gracing our citadel here!

Llamas are dangerous here too - though I can't remember if they explode or implode...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
<does the happy llama dance>

Llamas are fairly safe although they do duck occasionally.

Looking forward to what you choose to share. Feel free to post links back to the original content in your submissions to guide us back to your site as well. Not everybody will check your profile and I am certain people would be interested in checking out everything else you have to offer!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 06:41:10 AM »
Welcome.

It is an impressive display of character to join a forum after what you went through. Glad you observed it was an individual, and not the community, that did this to you.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards