llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Respite] - Factions  (Read 80290 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: [Respite] - Factions
« Reply #900 on: June 19, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
Noticing the lack of people who followed him, Fafnir turned around and yelled once more. "Come along my friends. This building may house the ore we seek, or perhaps something more valuable. Like answers!"
Nature is everywhere. It will overwhelm those foolisssh enough to seek to control it.
-Fafnir, only minutes before his world was destroyed.

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #901 on: June 23, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
While Jhoric again searched among the scattered dead with newfound enthusiasm, Fafnir, Balin. Toboran, Gideon and Estwick moved up the mausoleum.

The structure was perhaps 40' on a side and tapered slightly as it rose perhaps three stories above.  On one side were two large doors which nearly extended to the roof.  Two huge brass rings protruded from the door more then ten feet off the ground.

They look about the structure, looking for an easier means of egress.

If it were not for the shrunken heads, Jhoric never would have found him.  He found a piece of a corpse - it had seemed the shaman had been torn into vittles that still had a belt about it on which were handing two dwarvish shrunken heads.  Their skin, though as brown as leather, bore ritual scarring that resembled the runes of magic.  Jhoric could not find any larger remnants he could attribute to the shaman.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »
"Behold, troops! Those rings were made for me!" Gideon exclaimed giddily and pulled to bring the doors open. While his size was impractical at times, he delighted in any and all situations where it came in handy.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #903 on: June 29, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »
"Well, what a sizeable door. Do you think that perhaps it was meant to keep something dangerous in? In that case, it might hide what destroyed the city. I do not like not knowing the answers, and whatever comes out will answer to my blade. Fafnir prepared for Gideon to wrench the door open and was prepared to slice open whatever emerged with his scimitar.
Nature is everywhere. It will overwhelm those foolisssh enough to seek to control it.

Online valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #904 on: June 29, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
With a mighty tug, Gideon hauled on the rings, and the doors creaked, stirring up a cloud of dust.

Inside was deep darkness, unilluminated by the green glow that had revealed the dead city.

But the outline of something large and angular could be seen within.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:28:10 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: July 06, 2010, 06:24:33 AM »
Jhoric stood for a moment holding the shrunken heads and pieces of what was probably once a shaman. He let his magical insight flow into them to see if he could sense any traces of what type of magic this shaman might have done and if any power remained in the fetishes or among the debris. He would rejoin the others shortly, just a few more moments.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:45:43 PM by Jhoric »

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
"The darkness within is too deep for my eyes to penetrate, Gideon can you see what that shape is? Estwick perhaps you could light a torch and light the way for us surface dwellers? Either way, we must move onward!" Fafnir looked to Gideon and Estwick for an answer.

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #907 on: July 06, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
"Sure thing. I'm taking the point."
Gideon lumbered inside, sword at the ready.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #908 on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »
Balin followed the large warrior several paces behind, hands ready and a spell on his lips.
Ph'nglui mglwnafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

(\__/)  This is The Bunny.
(='.'=) Add him to your signature like me
(")_(") to further his world domination.

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #909 on: July 14, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Fafnir lifted his sword high, struggling to see into the darkness. Yet it yielded no secrets. He must simply trust in Gideon. He followed closely behind the great figure, hoping not to lose himself in the darkness.

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: July 15, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »
Gideon's half-orge eyes took hold and made out the silhouette in the dark.  Expecting either attack or perhaps a sarcophagus, instead he beheld a boat, as large as could fit within the small structure.

Elsewhere Jhoric looked down at the shrunken heads and picked up the belt for a closer look.  At that moment, one of the heads winked at him...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: July 17, 2010, 06:46:23 AM »
"Well if these eyes of mine don't lie, there's a skiff here, plain as day. The last thing I'd have expected, too." Wandering around it, he wondered whether there was a way to get it onto water, or from some water to this place. "I doubt the dwarfs built this thing here just for fun."

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: July 17, 2010, 07:17:02 PM »
"Whoa!" Jhoric nearly dropped the belt of heads as he was sure one of them had just winked at him. "What have I gotten myself into..." He muttered to himself. "Can you- Uh- Can you hear me, Little head? Can you speak?" Jhoric was sure he was losing his sanity, but it didn't feel all that wrong to him. Which is what was scary.

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #913 on: July 18, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Gideon did not need to look far to see water - the underground river was not far from the boat-house. Now that he was looking, he could see a faint impression that indicated that the boat was dragged to the water.

Still thinking himself crazy, Jhoric saw first one then the other head open its' eyes wide and gaze at him.  Their eyes were as dark and leathery as their skin, but showed a shine of intelligence.  The left one had a triangular tattoo covering its forehead, barely visible through its pitch-black hair.  The second, clean shaven, bore innumerable small symbols on its face and scalp.

The bald one gave him a smile that might have been described as warm when it was normal, but grotesque in its current shrunken, boneless form.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #914 on: July 20, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
"Has anyone an idea where the subterranean river leads? It would be awesome if we had a waterway from Respite to.. well, here."

Offline Toboran Redhand

• Runner of Paths
  • Apprentice
  • Find what you can
    • Awards
« Reply #915 on: July 21, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
 "I think that Gideon seems to have the right idea. Any way to link Respite with the stores that must lie here somewhere would be best for all involved. Anyway, I rather fancy a bit of boating right about now."

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #916 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »
Jhoric was nearly in a panic now. It... Smiled? What magic was this? Were these shrunken heads somehow... Intelligent? Is this real? He started to sway a little, his eyes widened, looking hurriedly around at all the dead dwarves surrounding him. He fell to his knees. The crunch of ancient bone beneath his weight made him cringe. For the first time in a long time, Jhoric wept. Just quiet sobbing, into his hands, with the belt of heads dangling from his wrist.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:39:09 PM by Jhoric »

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »
A voice - somewhat high toned but still gravelly - joined the chorus in Jhoric's head,

"Aw, ya made heem cry. But I suppose weeth your face it's no surprise."

"You just shut up," A second deeper voice rung out, " He seems weak, doesn't he. "

"A test?"

"Yes a test!"

"Now?"

"Now!"

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #918 on: July 26, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »
Jhoric listened to the voices, unsure if they were real or imagined. They called him weak. He didn't care what their source; he wanted to prove them wrong. "Test?" He asked aloud.

Offline Toboran Redhand

• Runner of Paths
  • Apprentice
  • Find what you can
    • Awards
« Reply #919 on: July 29, 2010, 03:32:20 PM »
 Unknowing of the interesting things going on with the warlock, Toboran moved closer to try and see away to move the boat out of the boathouse and into the river.
 "We might as well try and get going; we aren't going to do anything if we just sit here staring."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:25:20 PM by Toboran Redhand »

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #920 on: July 29, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
"Yeah, let's give it a haul!" Gideon cheered, and braced his shoulder against the vessel. "Jhoric! Come here! Whoever is late does not get to ride the fancy boat!"

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #921 on: July 29, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
Balin cautiously got in to the boat, unsure of his balance in the strange craft.
Ph'nglui mglwnafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

(\__/)  This is The Bunny.
(='.'=) Add him to your signature like me
(")_(") to further his world domination.

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #922 on: August 01, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
The boat seemed overbuilt - too much wood, too much iron and it was accordingly very heavy.  Giden strained to pull it out of its tomb-like boathouse.  Eventually all of the others, save Jhoric, were heaving at the boat, pulling it out into the meagre light to get a better view. 

Hrofgar looked towards the water and groaned - there was easily a hundred foot of rough stone between the boat and the waterside, and there, a low stone wall would need to be navigated.  Tomb-like.  Hrofgar took a look into the interior of the boat and saw a figure interred within, equipped for battle. Shining chainmail, a bejewled helmet and a stout round shield bearing a painted startburst of gemstones stood out, as was a wicked warhammer clutched in a steel gauntlet.

Unseen by Jhoric, still staring at the small heads with trepidation, a small cloud of pinpricks of of light arose from the ground about and spread towards the leathery corpses.

He was still staring, waiting, when the creak of aged leather alerted him to something untoward....

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #923 on: August 01, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
Suddenly... Jhoric got the feeling he knew, vaguely, what the awaited test was to consist of. He turned around, with a blast of magic on his mind; simultaneously yelling, "Forget the d**n boat, I'm going to need help!"

Offline Fafnir

• Tribal Outcast
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #924 on: August 04, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
Somewhere in the back of his mind, Fafnir registered Jhoric speaking. He listened but did not hear and then a single word caught his attention. Help? He realized the urgency in Jhorics voice and turned to face the trouble. He wasted no time in retrieving his blade and called to the others "The boat can wait, leave it!"