llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Respite] - Factions  (Read 75952 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: [Respite] - Factions
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
Vletch stood and stared, unseen by Rajani.  He wanted to say something, but words failed him.  Instead he moved over to where one of the smaller swine was being trussed and prepared for travel.

Yerwick worked like a man possessed, seemingly viewing both the swine and injured as impediments. He seemed unduly hasty in his preparations. Even the dead received little attention above that given by Rajani.  Barely a candleburn passed before he had his men ready to go.  All save Turith the scout were accompanying him.

Turith watched the departing figures of Yerwick and company with barely supressed panic.  He looked toward Gideon - "Let me get my bearings."
The beetle had found one of the unattended swine, and promptly burrowed into it with disconcerting speed - disappearing quickly from view. Jhoric looked at the fist-sized hole that marked its passage and shuddered.

Okay folks - if you have anything to add before it's just you, now is the time.  If no other direction is provided, turith will lead you on.  It is about mid-day.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:25:50 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2008, 06:51:10 PM »
It seemed impossible that the guide could lead them on with any certainty with this terrain.

Shortly after the party parted ways with Yerwick and crew, the tight quarters became even more so. Gideon was forced to use his great blade to carve foliage to allow him to pass.  The plants grew as thick as a rain forest, with creeping vines and thick underbrush brushing against everyone.

The unsubtle travel kept the trip mostly uneventful, apart from the occasional small fowl bursting from the underbrush, startling, but not dangerous.

Then came the clearing.

Suddenly, the heavy forest gave way to a large clearing.  A few stumps and heaps of discarded branches showed signs of recent woodcutting, and across the clearing could be seen a huge tree, unlike anything any of the party had seen before.  At first glance, nothing could be seen of the missing woodcutters.

Then Balin noticed something odd about one of the stumps...

Your move!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »
Balin noticed a figure with his head down perhaps a hundred feet away. He cautiously walked over to the stump that the figure was leaning against.
Ph'nglui mglwnafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

(\__/)  This is The Bunny.
(='.'=) Add him to your signature like me
(")_(") to further his world domination.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2008, 02:02:43 AM »
"I be no scholar, truth be said" Gideon wondered, "but why would loggers wander so far into a forest to cut trees?. And, what is that?"

He joined Balin, his brow furrowed, his hand rubbing his chin.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
"Hchh, burn it all down and turn it into farmland," Dimi grumbled.  Looking around the clearing for any obvious hazards he followed Balin into the clearing.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
"Nay, friend", Toboran grunted as he followed Dimi, "the forests be a grand, wild thing, they deserve to live."
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »
"Well, you sure need trees for buildings and mines and ships, and the shade and fresh air it provides is pleasant as well. Also, we once cut down all the trees on a slope; all the mud and rubble came down in one deadly mess next thaw."

Gideon followed Balin. "So, what are we looking at? Will you enlighten us, priestess?"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »
Balin was both startled and surprised at the question, "Priestess? Sir, I am neither a priest nor a female. However I did see something that looks like a figure by that stump. I thought that I would inspect it to see if one of the wood cutters was taking a nap."

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
"Ah, I was speaking to the priestess, not to you, good fellow, I just asked the one who is bound to be wise" Gideon laughed. "So, a figure, nothing more specific?"

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
Balin stepped closer, still bristling, and was able to get a better look at the figure.  A sense of dread started to build as he noted the figure was too still.  It appeared to be young man, bound somehow to the fresh stump.

How close do you get?

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2008, 04:35:39 AM »
"What happened to that lad? I'll take a look, you stand back."

Gideon advanced, sword drawn and ready.

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
Balin stayed a little behind the large man. But he wanted to get a better look so he circled around to the other side, staying twenty paces away.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

Map!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
Toboran followed the spellcaster around to the side but about five feet closer. One must protect one's assets, after all.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Jhoric

• Human Warlock
  • Journeyman
  • Fear me, Mortals.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
Jhoric tensed. He didn't like this odd situation, and was keeping an eye on the surrounding woods. Occasionally casting a nervous glance at the figure and the stump.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:03:58 PM by Jhoric »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
As the half ogre stepped closer to the slumped figure, he could see that it seemed to be tied to the stump with vines, heavy ones across the chest, thinner ones around the throat.  The ground below the figure was dark and wet.

Turith, who had moved up a bit closer, but still stood behind the walking wall that was Gideon, spoke up.
"''Ats one of them - t'name 'scapes me though. Looks like 'e bought it though."

Jhoric caught a brief sight of a silhouette - though it flitted away so quickly he lost sight of it instantly.  Rajani caught the movement but saw nothing when she looked. Jhoric had the impression that the figure was a she, but nothing else was visible except the impression.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »
Rajani moved towards the man tied to the tree, her sense of caution shuddered, sensing a trap. She looked to her side, "I have an ill feeling about this, but I cannot stand idle if he is injured or near death."

She tramped towards the man tied to the tree, her courage screwed to a sticking place. She felt the hymns of a healing spell building in the back of her mind, the warp and weft of light and color, the sensations of warm air and fresh clean scents, all of the things she knew to be healthy.

(OOC - approaches to within 10 feet, then spot check)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2008, 03:05:18 AM »
"Does this reek of a trap, or yes?" Gideon grumbled, and turned to the forest. "Come out, and let's talk like grown-ups first! Then, we may fight each other like grown-ups if you wish to."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2008, 10:49:59 AM »
Naught but silence followed Gideon's demand - perhaps too still a silence.

Rajani moved up to man and took a closer look.  A closer glance told her her spells would not avail her here.  The young man's pallor was of the dead, and the amount of blood that soaked the ground below was surely mortal.

Rajani does note, however, the Gideon appears to be still injured from the fight with the swine..

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:30 PM »
Rajani made a warding gesture against ill intent and evil spirits. "I am afraid his injuries are mortal, and there is nothing more than ritual I can do for the dead. Brother Warrior," she said looking to Gideon, "Your injuries do seem to trouble you."

(OOC - CLW on Gideon)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
"Ain't nothing but a scratch, milady. Nothing mortal nor detrimental or... uhm... incapacitating" Gideon replied humbly, being touched and warmed by the salubrious energies even as he spoke. "But you have my undying gratitude for letting me feel your healing touch. It is a long time since I was blessed last."

He was thankful indeed, and it showed, his voice tinted with reverence. He payed hommage to all the twelve gods of the Aegir pantheon, and likewise did he treat clergy with respect.

"So, what did the poor fellow in?" he said, to change the subject.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »
 Toboran stood near Balin and was scanning the forest-line for movement or anything out of place.  It seemed odd that such a wide area could be cut without massive trails made to take out the lumber.  The stumps which dotted the clearing were of rather large size - the trees removed must of have been very tall indeed.

It was then he noticed an out of place smell on the wind. The scent of burnt vegetation came to him.

Gidieon is healed for 7 HP damage...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
Normally uneasy in the woods, Dimi stood around feeling positively distressed.  A man tied to a stump with vines, his soul trapped forever away from the plains.

"Let's go, like you said, he can't be helped; and I truely doubt that we'll find the rest of them by just standing around..."
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Hrofgar

• Demon Lord
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
"Aye, we should get on with our task, but only as soon as we give the dead proper respect." If this was one of the woodcutters than they should take care of him even if he was dead.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »
"Wait a moment friends", Toboran said looking around quickly, "I smell fire. In a forest that's the first thing you want to check on. The poor wretch will wait 'til we've looked around some."
He sniffed the air, trying to discern were the smell was coming from.