llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: True Being  (Read 6589 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True Being
« on: March 27, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »
   Captain Karl Marshall looked at the army in front of him, They wore black armour which covered there entire bodies each one with a white hand on the arm, on there heads they wore a helmet. They were all heavily laden with weapons and covered from head to toe in splattered blood. These men were born killers they killed and destroyed anything and anyone in there way. Marshall walked past the hundreds of men who stood there never moving always staring forward, they were disiplined beyond belief.
"We move to the next village in an hour" called out Marshall,
"There we will find the tribe of mages that we have been looking for. We have our orders to capture a girl there. I'm warning you all if there is more than a couple of scratches on her then you will be killed despite what you are to this army" Marshall stopped to breath and sighed as the men called there 'yes sir's'. A soldier ran up to Marshall
"I have a message from Lord Atori he wishes to see you at the edge of the village" Marshall nodded and followed behind the soldier. They walked for about half an hour passing through a burning village bodies littered the primitive streets where the army had obviously passed through. They found Lord Atori at the very eastern side of the village sat on what looked like a throne well placed in a patch which wasn't covered in blood, soldiers stood around him, guarding him.
"Ah Captain Marshall you have done well here. When do you plan on moving to the Kavakan village?" Marshall stood and raised his hand in a salute.
"In an hour my lord, I am allowing the men to rest. This village put up quite a fight there have been a couple of fatals but most just minor injuries." Atori gave a low chuckle and stated in a calm but heavy voice,
"You thought this village put up a fight you will have to keep your guard up in the Kavakan village, there all mages as you already know." Marshall nodded,
"You may go Captain rest yourself, you look tired" Marshall nodded again and turnt to leave.

Tia or Tiayama Karakoma as she is formally known, but just known as Tia to friends and family, sighed heavily as she looked out the open window at the clear blue sky of summer.
"Are you listening to me Tia" Came the sharp clear voice of her tutor, Tia jumped and looked down at the book in front of her,
"Of course I'm listening" she stated, her tutor clicked his fingers angrily and pointed at the window,
"Close the window and countinue to read the paragraph I told you to." Tia gave a roll of her eyes and stared down at the page, there were a thousand things she could think of that she could be doing with her time rather than learning about Caligrophey. She stared up as her tutor turnt his back towards the black board which had been pinned up in the small classroom and began to write something on the board. This was Tia's chance she mumbled a few incantations under her breath and then blew something of her hand, Her Tutor stood up stiff and then began to sway from side to side, suddenly he fell sidewards with a bang. Tia grinned grabbed up her bag and ran. After she had got a fair distance away she stopped running only to hear the angry shouts of her tutor in the distance, Tia laughed to herself as she walked down the busy street passing little shops and houses. Tia took a small ball out of her bag and began to lift it of her hand using her magic and making it hover there for a few seconds before lowering it again. Tia had not long turnt 20 but she still acted like a little child, she had long black hair which fell to the middle of her waist. She was a beutifull girl with rosy cheeks and bright green eyes which seemed to pierce into the very soul, she was tall and slim with gorgeus curves and a full chest. Suddenly Tia stopped a man stood in front of her his arms crossed over his wide chest, Tia smiled innocently but the man did not seem to notice he had looked away to the north and a look of worry flooded his face.
"Father I.." He raised a hand and Tia fell silent, her father walked over to her with a very worried look etching his features and withdrew a sword which he thrusted into Tia's hand,
"You must leave now my child go the west and countinue until you find the tall city. Its name is Grodan, there you will find a man named Derrick he will help you. Do not trust anyone but if help is offered do not refuse. Do you understand me?" Tia stood staring at her father,
"I don't understand! Whats going on?" Her father had no time to explain before a scream was heard in the distance,
"There here go" Tia turnt to run hearing the screams and the crackle of fire behind me then she heard it the dreaded war-cry as the army swept through the village killing and destroying everything in sight. A tall man with sandy-brown hair rode up on a horse, his muscled body heaving his huge sword from side to side, and then. Tia gasped as the man gutted her father in front of her, she tried to run but her feet seemed to be fastened to the ground,
"It's her, get her!" came voices from behind her, Tia just stood stock still, everything seemed to slow as the soldiers ran towards her, Tia said some incantations under her breath and just as the soliders reached to grab her she had vanished leaving behind the bloody massacre of her family, friends and her clan.

After a couple of seconds Tia's feet hit earth but her knee's buckled and she fell to the ground with a thump tears streaked down her face as she knealt there not daring to move. Her slender form shuddered as she looked around her. She was in a special place of her's about 10 miles west of the viallage, in the forest. It was a large clearing with a stream running directly through the middle, it had trees surronding it making it very hard to see if someone walked by. Tia had used teleportation but she could only go to places she had been before and seeing as she had never even been in a city she would have to walk there. Tia stood shakily and walked to a tree which was situated directly next to the stream. She sat down and felt tiredness sweep over her. Within a few minuites she was deep in sleep.  
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: True Being
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »
"Get lost scum" were not the words Sketch Savage expected to hear before leaving his tribe. Sketch was far differnt then the rest of the barbarians though dumb as any of his brothers he could read and write with ease. Socially Sketch was an outcast even among barbains though even with overly thick eyebrows he was farly handsome but he was terrible with words and was uncharsmatic when he tried to approch things diplomatically. Intimadation however was made easy for him. His tribal tatoes, extremly deep voice, and being built like a beast standing at 6 "8" could put fear in the toughest of men he also had an extremly keen sense of hearing and survival along with the abilty to jump long distances with great ease and could sense traps a mile away but beyound this he had no real skills. He only wore a thin chainmail vest as armor and carried a giant two handed axe that he had trained all his life with. He rarely relied on armor as much as his speed and strength for he could take on any man in arms reach it was only wizards and some archers he couldn't deal with.
  He would have to find some shelter soon he had stayed in the wild too long even for him. He looked ahead of him and saw a small girl sleeping by a tree. To him this ment two things she could lead him to town or he could loot her for supplys and leave her for dead both suited Sketch fine. He bent down and nuged her...nothing. "Hey you get up. I've got some quistions for you!" He roared.

How great my cause u ask? Why i fight for the greatest cause of all...coin and clevage.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »
Swithgar watched silently from the surrounding woods, the gentle sound of the brook disguising any sound he might have made.  The girl seemed troubled as she wandered into his woods.  It was of no consequence to him; travelers passed through this forest fairly frequently without too much of a fuss.  When they did enter with motives of evil, they rarely left the blessed wood.  While in peace, those in the wood were under his charge.  Swithgar leaned on his spear, watching as the girl fell into a sad sort of slumber.  He sighed, patrolling again.

The girl was not a problem.  The man, though - the man was trouble.  Swithgar had seen his sort before, barbaric warriors and arrogant bandits they were.  He was hard to miss as well: loud, heavy-footed, carrying the weight of steel armor and labrys.  The sound of his clinking linked armor was like a flock of ravens screeching over a carcass.  But the vulture would not have his carcass this day.  Swithgar inhaled deeply, the breath of the forest becoming his own.  "Leave this wood, son of the tribes!" the wind roared with Swithgar's voice.  "You desecrate this sacred place!"

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »
Sketch turned as a volly of arrows plunged into his shoulder cutting trough his armor like it was paper sketch jumped to the side and felt the rage that had powered his family for generations flow through him. Sketch shot at him like bullet swinging with the might of twelve me men taking down trees, rocks, and bushs. His attacker jumped and dodged each time with a less and less ease finally sketch got ready for a final strike. his attacker seeing it coming readyed himself. Sketch swung his axe right into his attackers gut only to be caught with ease. his attacker looked at him and smiled. For a second there was silence and no one moved. Sketchs attacker wondered if he was alive then in a blur of fury Sketch struck him in the nose knocking him to the ground and breaking his nose. Sketchs attacker felt a boot press down firmly on his neck. He looked up to see Sketchs massive figure above him and in a deep voice that froze him with fear said "Tell me why i have been attacked and where the nearest city is or you will feel the pain only a tribesman can bring."

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:54:56 PM by brutus_bullworth »
How great my cause u ask? Why i fight for the greatest cause of all...coin and clevage.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
Tia opened one eye wearily and looked at the man who has just spoken to her, who now had his back towards her place of rest. She quickly grabbed the hilt of her sword and jumped to her feet. Her hands shook violently as the memory of the battle in her village was still fresh, but she pushed it away knowing that if she kept her mind on such things it would get her killed. She watched as the two men seemed to grapple with each other before she thought to intervene, she raised her hands to the sky and murmured some incoherent words before lowering her arms so that her hands pointed towards the two people. Two blue line's slithered from her fingers and before the unsuspecting men could do anything about it was winding itself around there bodies clamping there arms to there sides and there legs together in order to make them tumble. Once the lines where in place they seemed to turn to the strongest steel making it virtually impossible to escape unless Tia let them go.
"Know you listen here." her voice shook as she took a couple of steps towards them.
"Who are you both? and what do you want?" Tia knealt by the human bundles and thought quickly.
"If you don't answer, i'll turn you both into human pin cushion's! understand" Tia let the words slip from her mouth effortlessly, her fear had vanished now knowing that the men could not hurt her so she sat quite safe a mocking smile spreading across her lips.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:43:02 PM »
"Arrogant child" Sketch screamed as he pulled against his bindings with all his might. "I am Sketch Savage warrior of the Bullrun tribe to the far east, Scoruge to Lord Atori of the north, and champion of the western areanas! Now little girl who are you to tie me up. hell who are you to walk these forest." Sketch said as his rage died down. "You look like a northner. I recall seeing smoke and herd screams coming a few miles from here. you have anything to do with that child?" he said with disbelif in his voice.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:01:34 AM »
Tia's eyes opened wide, so it had happened and it wasn't just a dream.
"I don't know who Lord Atori is but..." She let the word's die on her tounge and her face dropped,
"Yes that was my village. A group of soldiers stormed through killing everyone in there way. I was only just able to get myself away before they got me aswell." She sighed and turnt her bright green eyes towards the warrior locking onto his own.
"The men had a symbol on there arm's. A white hand if I can remember correctly!" She thought for a moment then nodded to make certain that's what it was.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
"Those are Atoris soliders alright." Sketch said sounding concerned. "They usally don't come south except to scrimmage with the Bullrun tribes so they're defintly looking for something. My guess is they'll be able to find us in half a days time tops so we should probably get away from here. Tell me little one do you know of any citys or towns we could find sanction in?"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:37:20 AM by brutus_bullworth »

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
Tai flicked her hands and the bounds came loose setting the man free.
"There is a city to the west named Grodan!" she said slowly raising her eyebrows slightly as she remebered what her father had told her.
"I need to go there anyway! I'm not sure what those men where looking for but... they killed everyone! I expect i'm the last one left from my village." Tai looked up at the sun which was high in the sky and decided if there where to find there way west they would have to wait for sunset and walk through the night. It would be a hard trip but Tai was ready.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
"Fine we head west then" Sketch said leading Tia west. "I'd like to wait for dark but Atoris troops move fast. my guess is that he's already got a few patrols out scouting ahead for the bulk of his army.Now lead the way little one and be quick about it." he countiued saying allowing Tia to get ahead of him.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
Tai looked at the ground as she walked, quickly moving her eyes to the river which seemed to always run west and she decided to follow that. She pulled off in that direction walking at a steady pace her steps soundless as she walked slowly over the fallen leaves.
"Why have you come here?" she asked the man as he walked in time next to her.
She thought instantly that her question had sounded slightly rude so she rephrased it,
"What brings you this way?"

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »
Sketch gave Tia a glare and though of how to explain his situation. "I had some...complications back home." he said and left it at that. "So what are you exactly some kind of witch or healer for your village?" He asked quicking the pace.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 09:20:37 AM »
Tia smiled,
"I'm a mage, my whole village ar.... was!" her green eyes wondered away from him and towards the tree's around.
"I'm not so good on the healing side of it, as you may know mage's are not exactly healers in the making," She chuckled to herself, looking towards the river again she adjusted herself so that she walked directly along it's banks but not so close that wrong step would throw her in.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
"my kind aren't exactly healers either" Sketch said laughing to himself. they walked a bit further before seeing a small trade ship come up the river. "We must be close to Grodan." Tia said with excitement. Sketch pulled her behind him and grabed the hilt of his axe. "Do not stand close to river when a ship passes! Slavery is a booming buisness in the west, that ship could have come here to scout for potental slaves or worse" he said half yelling and half whispering to Tia as he waited for the ship to pass.